It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:52 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GOProud Accepts Challenge By Maddow
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

GOProud Accepts Challenge By Maddow For Conservatives To Appear On Her Show

GOProud recently got fleeced thanks to their paying Ann Coulter to come and deliver a harangue towards them in order to humiliate and degrade them, but now they are responding that they are more than willing to come on the show of Dr. Rachel Maddow. On Thursday, Dr. Maddow chided the likes of Sarah Palin, Marco Rubio, Scott Brown and Christine O’Donnell for using her name to fund-raise while refusing to have any kind of conversation with the openly lesbian MSNBC primetime host. She challenged them to come on the show.

GOProud chairman Christopher Barron stated in a news release

“We accept Rachel Maddow’s challenge for conservatives to appear on her show. We would welcome the opportunity to debate her and to defend our commitment to conservative principles and conservative values. As the only national organization representing gay conservatives we believe that going on Maddow’s show would also provide the gay community with an important contrast – a break from the conventional wisdom that all LGBT Americans subscribe to her version of radical liberalism.

“We have routinely appeared on MSNBC and would gladly appear on her show. If Rachel was sincere in her challenge, if she really wants an open and honest debate with conservatives then our message to her is: call us.”

While the Log Cabin Republicans have been sort of welcomed into the wider LGBT Community, GOProud still remains something of an outcast due to their willingness to claim that Ann Coulter’s lambasting them and saying that gays do not have any civil rights is alright while also paying her a lot of money to do so. GOProud has not done what LCR has, which is challenge the anti-LGBT portions of the Republican Party’s platform- in court if needs be.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: GOProud Accepts Challenge By Maddow
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:19 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
GOProud Accepts Challenge By Maddow For Conservatives To Appear On Her Show

GOProud recently got fleeced thanks to their paying Ann Coulter to come and deliver a harangue towards them in order to humiliate and degrade them, but now they are responding that they are more than willing to come on the show of Dr. Rachel Maddow. On Thursday, Dr. Maddow chided the likes of Sarah Palin, Marco Rubio, Scott Brown and Christine O’Donnell for using her name to fund-raise while refusing to have any kind of conversation with the openly lesbian MSNBC primetime host. She challenged them to come on the show.

“We accept Rachel Maddow’s challenge for conservatives to appear on her show. We would welcome the opportunity to debate her and to defend our commitment to conservative principles and conservative values. As the only national organization representing gay conservatives we believe that going on Maddow’s show would also provide the gay community with an important contrast – a break from the conventional wisdom that all LGBT Americans subscribe to her version of radical liberalism.

“We have routinely appeared on MSNBC and would gladly appear on her show. If Rachel was sincere in her challenge, if she really wants an open and honest debate with conservatives then our message to her is: call us.”

While the Log Cabin Republicans have been sort of welcomed into the wider LGBT Community, GOProud still remains something of an outcast due to their willingness to claim that Ann Coulter’s lambasting them and saying that gays do not have any civil rights is alright while also paying her a lot of money to do so. GOProud has not done what LCR has, which is challenge the anti-LGBT portions of the Republican Party’s platform- in court if needs be.

Yeah. That's one of the things I've always admired about the "filthy right." They're ability to remain organized. Since they have no ability of "creative dissent," everytime they start a new wing of "corporate confusion," they fall flat on their face. Whether it's the gay republicans, who can't seem to understand, that REPUBLICANS HATE THEM, or "the Tea Party," that...

1) Never ACTUALLY, read a history book, to understand what the "Tea Party," was about.
...and
2) Now, THEY are fighting "tooth and nail," with the regular "right winged, can of worms."

They all remind me of what a quarterback does, during the final seconds of a football game, when the quarterback has only a few seconds left. He throws the miraculous, "hail mary." With 21 players jockying for position in the end zone, one hopes the appropriate team will grab the football.

Personally, I would die laughing over this...

IF IT WASN'T THE NUCLEAR FOOTBALL, THESE WORMS WERE AFTER!!

How can anyone have ANY allegiance, over someone who, "eats their own."

They remind me of "pigpen" in Charlie Brown.

(excuse me, I have to "re-bath") :roll:

Post subject: Re: GOProud Accepts Challenge By Maddow
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:16 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:

I'm still waiting to see any of them appear on her show. I guess they were biding their time until after the midterm to see if they could stay out from under their rocks for awhile. :pottytrain4: They're all kind of like buckshot, the TVNL member who doesn't appear on the board until his team, the extreme rightwingers, are temporarily winning. Typically, buckshot thinks that "temporary" means "permanent." :lol:

I just love the basic ignorance of Repub-Teabaggers. :roll: :wink: :banghead:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman