It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: St. Bernie has spoken!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:12 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Bernie Sanders: There is a war going on in this country – the super rich against the rest of us.

***Yeah, and I'm sure our "responsible journalists," will be sending this story to our local news this evening.

Right? (yeah...right) :roll: :roll:

...more here (about 13 minutes)

http://www.opednews.com/populum/linkfra ... kid=123044

Post subject: Re: St. Bernie has spoken!!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:45 pm 

Many, many years ago...about 56 more like it, I dated a very beautiful lady in southern California. Her parents were rich...worth probably half million or more. That, in my book at that time most would consider a rich person, since I grew up as a poor sibling of a large family.

Anyway, back to the matter in hand. Her father was a staunch republican, and he mentioned more times than I could count, his daughter would marry a republican. Myself being raised in republican household... as father and mother didn't know there was a better political party, it didn't take me but a short time to learn there were two class of people when it came to polities. Mr. Norris, that would be Shirley(girlfriend) father insisted the grand old party...republicans had to have two classes of people....the rich and the poor. The rich keeps the poor working and begging for what the republicans want to give, there allowing the poor to vote for them so they could stay in power. Otherwise, as soon as the poor class gets to making more money, they become middle class citizens and no doubt switch to the democrat party. Now you know the rest of the story on why the republicans never allow anything good to become law.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:21 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

King Fisher wrote:
Many, many years ago...about 56 more like it, I dated a very beautiful lady in southern California. Her parents were rich...worth probably half million or more. That, in my book at that time most would consider a rich person, since I grew up as a poor sibling of a large family.

Anyway, back to the matter in hand. Her father was a staunch republican, and he mentioned more times than I could count, his daughter would marry a republican. Myself being raised in republican household... as father and mother didn't know there was a better political party, it didn't take me but a short time to learn there were two class of people when it came to polities. Mr. Norris, that would be Shirley(girlfriend) father insisted the grand old party...republicans had to have two classes of people....the rich and the poor. The rich keeps the poor working and begging for what the republicans want to give, there allowing the poor to vote for them so they could stay in power. Otherwise, as soon as the poor class gets to making more money, they become middle class citizens and no doubt switch to the democrat party. Now you know the rest of the story on why the republicans never allow anything good to become law.

Exactly!!

Here's another "scenario," regarding the "filthy right." (your quote below)

***The rich keeps the poor working and begging for what the republicans want to give, there allowing the poor to vote for them so they could stay in power. Otherwise, as soon as the poor class gets to making more money, they become middle class citizens and no doubt switch to the democrat party.***

unquote***

When the poor start gaining ground financially, the "filthy right" create wars, to send the "middle class hopefuls," to the "gallows of war." :evil:

...after all, I have never had a very good conversation with a dead person!! (let alone, a dissenting voice) :evil:

...their Jesus will return one day

(and I heard, he's been hitting the weights, "hard and heavy" lately as well!!) :blackeye: :bounce: :blackeye: :bounce:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

When the Robber Barons were creating the Gilded Age, they would go overseas and entice immigrants to come to America to work in their companies, promising them the pie in the sky, paying their steerage passage to America. Once they were here the immigrants were very poorly housed by the company, paid such a low wage they could not get out of debt to the company store, nor make it out of the new slave class in which they found themselves. Unions helped put a stop to that practice. Now the corporations have taken the jobs to overseas countries such as China and Vietnam and India, paying a pittance in wages to the natives, and reaping the benefits at home. No jobs here in the good old US of A for Americans who demand a fair wage and benefits, yet the Repubs continue to tout their "job creations." Yep, they create them, but they don't create them in America. A new Gilded Age is coming into being and it's happening with the full approval of the current Dems because they've not got the wherewithall (meaning BALLS, and that includes the current POTUS) to stand up and fight for us little guys anymore. People like Bernie Sanders and Dennis Kucinich are among a small minority in Congress who actually CARE, but they can only make impassioned speeches. They too have been castrated politically by the ignorance and fear instilled in the American people by the Right Wing fringes.

It's you scratch my back and I'll scratch yours in the Congressional halls while the middle class in America has become the Middle Poor. :evil:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:37 am 

I would like to add Al Franken’s name to Bernie’s and Dennis’ names as somebody on our side.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:02 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

A Proud Liberal wrote:
I would like to add Al Franken’s name to Bernie’s and Dennis’ names as somebody on our side.

(LOL) :D :D :D You got it!!

Anyone who names a book, "Lies, and the lying liars who tell them."
(a fair and balanced look at the right)

Has GOT, to be on our side!! :D :D :D

I do believe we have "the blessed trinity."

Praise the Lord!! :D