It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:35 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: IF IT'S TRUE, THIS WILL SHATTER MY SUPPORT FOR OBAMA
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:20 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
Is anyone wondering why more of the Congressional Dems didn't simply vote NO? Looks like Al Franken (D, MN) drank the kool-aid and then tried to defend his vote in this way:

THE HARDEST VOTE I'VE TAKEN

Quote:
A lot of people are unhappy that the president punted on first down, and I'm one of them. Extending the excessive Bush tax breaks for millionaires and billionaires will explode our deficit over the next two years without doing anything to help our economy. I think it's simply bad policy.

But for Minnesota's middle class, struggling to get by in a tough economy, there's a lot in this bill that will really help: tax cuts for working families, a payroll tax holiday, energy tax credits, and the extension of Recovery Act initiatives that are already making a difference.

Too bad Al and his Congressional buddies can't fathom the harm this has done to SS and to the country as whole by adding to the deficit while making sure that the Aristocrat Repubs and their rich corporate donors/buddies get to frolic in their millions for years to come. He and those who voted YES sold us out... :evil:

Yes, and just like the corporate media, they tend to take "the moral highground," over a problem they either created, or simply didn't address it enough to begin with.

I've already expressed my views recently, regarding the spineless dems. One being, that I walk on two feet, and not four. I'm sure your dog or cat, may like the crumbs you place on the floor, next to your dinner table...

BUT I DON'T!!

...primary O'bama
...I want a REAL progressive

...he's already proved to me, that he's a spineless coward!! :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:07 am 

expiretheliars wrote:
Yes, and just like the corporate media, they tend to take "the moral highground," over a problem they either created, or simply didn't address it enough to begin with.

I've already expressed my views recently, regarding the spineless dems. One being, that I walk on two feet, and not four. I'm sure your dog or cat, may like the crumbs you place on the floor, next to your dinner table...

BUT I DON'T!!

...primary O'bama
...I want a REAL progressive

...he's already proved to me, that he's a spineless coward!! :evil:

Still refusing to learn from history, ETL. If the Dems nominate a true progressive, you are handing the White House to the Repugs/Teabaggers/NeoCons. Take a look at 1972. The damage done by running a primary against a sitting President is well shown by Johnson in 68 and Carter in 80.

A Proud Liberal...This Day in History...Namnesia Antidote

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's been awhile since the tax compromise happened, and yes, I was very angry over what I perceived as Obama's cave-in. I still don't like it, but my ire has cooled and I'm willing to see what happens as a result, in the time left before the next election...and I've watched closely the behavior of the Rebubs since. I'm not impressed...never have been... nor am I impressed by the Dems who have tried to garner more attention since the convening of the new Congress. I think particularly of my own intellectually challenged representative, Heath Shuler, a lightweight Dem-Repub. :roll:

Every day, the Repubs have begun saturating the airwaves with the ugly face of Mike Huckabee, calling for the repeal of the health care law. Do I want Mike Huckabee in the White House? Do I want Mitt Romney in the White House? Do I want to continue to see Boehner's ugly, tear-streaked face forever as the Speaker? No, I do not want those men nearer to the White House than they already are! BUT THE VERY REAL POSSIBILITY EXISTS THAT IF OBAMA IS NOT RE-ELECTED, HICKABEE OR ROMNEY...OR SOMEONE EVEN WORSE....WILL BE THE US LEADER FOR AT LEAST FOUR LONG YEARS. THEY ALREADY SAY THEY WANT TO "TAKE AMERICA BACK..."

I say I don't want to go backwards, not to the Bush eras, not the Reagan era, nor definitely back to the Nixon era...the Repubs of today want to take us back even further...to the Dark Ages, and given the opportunity, they will. They want women back in the kitchen, barefoot and pregnant. Consider the Supreme Court. We've already got enough conservative justices, and there are a lot of old justices who will be retiring...or dying...eventually. Do we want a Repub president to have the power to nominate their replacements? Heavens! When I think of THAT possibility, the tax compromise pales!

While I'm not pleased with Obama's promised "change," I, for one, would rather have him as President for another term than anyone else I know of...especially since the Dems I would otherwise support aren't showing any sign of wanting to challenge Obama.

Crumbs, etl? (My two cats get Fancy Feast, by the way...wet and dry, no crumbs for those feline fancies...so there! :P )

Well, the crumbs are better than nothing, or the poisonous bait the Repubs would throw to us, mixed in with the smaller crumbs. Repubs would prefer that we starve to death so they could become the dictatorial, corporate-loving dictators. Right now, he Dems still control the Senate...that's at least something. We still have a whole load of strong Democratic women throughout the Congress, and if Giffords recovers enough to continue her political career, she will undoubtedly join them. I have hope that there might be some change in the overall atmosphere in DC regarding the vitriolic spewing that's been going on, too...so let's wait and see before we make up our minds to try to waste energy and time on primarying Obama. Let's be careful what we wish for, because we might get it...and then where will we be?

I'm pulling back from the subject that began this thread, taking a very deep breath, and delaying any decision about who I will support in 2012...and watching what happens before I make a final decision. I caution everyone to do the same thing.

APL IS CORRECT...history is always there for us to check out...and history tells us we do not want to give America "back" to the Repubs and their right wing fringe, the teabaggers...no matter what.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman