It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:25 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My mom got a new cat!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:33 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Well, after the demise of "Blake" five weeks ago, my mom got another buddy for Skeeter. (the other surviving cat)

This time, it's a female. She's already "fixed," and has the necessary shots as well. My mom is leaning on the name "precious," which I think is a little "sissy" to me. I suggested the name, "filthy right winger," but it was a "no go."

...but hey, she's buying the food, so what can I say huh!!

Anyway, she is 11 weeks old, and is black and gold in color. Definitely not the "run of the mill" looking cat, but is real cool looking, nevertheless!! She would make a great mascot for our hometown college Purdue, because their colors are black and gold.

Anyway, she has already expressed her fear, of her new owner, by taking a "healthy dump," on my mom's lap, on the way back from the kennel.

...better hers than mine I guess!! :)

I grabbed some of Blake's old toys, for her to play with, but she insists on staying under the couch for awhile, until the dust settles. But she's not shy at all, when it comes to eating. You can actually come within three feet of her, (slowly) when this sort of "festivity" begins!! :D

Give it a few more days, and she'll fit right in. Skeeter likes her too, so this is cool!! :D

Of course, what's not to love about this kitty. She really is a darlin'. She's going to be another "loyal one" to my mom, I can see this already!! :) :D :)

YEAH!!...A BRIGHT NEW BEGINNING!! :D :bounce: :bounce: :D

Post subject: Re: My mom got a new cat!!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR MOM...AND CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEW KITTY, WHATEVER NAME SHE ENDS UP WITH... :D :D :D

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:56 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOUR MOM...AND CONGRATULATIONS TO THE NEW KITTY, WHATEVER NAME SHE ENDS UP WITH... :D :D :D

Oh, thank you Catherine. She is a cutie, that's for sure. She named her "precious," which I think is a little "prissy." But hey, she really is, so what the heck huh!!

To each their own. She asked me what name I should give her, and I said Maynard.

...so ya see, to each there own!! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:31 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I read a book one time in which a dog was named Taxi.

Can you imagine that..."Here, Taxi!" "Where the hell are you, Taxi!" :lol:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:15 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
I read a book one time in which a dog was named Taxi.

Can you imagine that..."Here, Taxi!" "Where the hell are you, Taxi!" :lol:

:D :D :D :D :D

AS COMICAL AS GIVING DICK LUGAR A CAT, AND NAMING IT "COMMON SENSE."

:D :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 2:38 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Well, I've been suckered again...by a little gray stray who showed up at the house about a week ago. I thought it was maybe a new acquisition by one of the neighbors...several of them get cats for their kids and then don't take care of the animals. I've "stolen" two over the years from their irresponsibility, and they're educated people! :? ...which sends a really "good" message to the kid, doesn't it? :roll:

Wherever she came from, she's now my kitty. I took her to the vet this morning for the initial checkup...and he said that she was less than a year old, was starting to develop an upper resperitory infection, but fortunately tested negative for feline leukemia. She's still at the vet's...they're giving her a bath...(don't want fleas in the house) and I'll put Frontline on her on Sunday. They said that to put it on her right after a bath might cause her skin to become irritated. I had to give her a "name" for their records...and I told them she was temporarily being named Lucky. She will receive all of her shots, an antibiotic for the infection, and then in about a month I'll take her back for spaying. She has incredible green eyes and she's so happy to have a good home at last. I am so grateful for having a kind and understanding husband. He just shook his head when I told him that it looked like we'd been adopted again. He doesn't really want another cat...but he's said that I could do whatever I wanted concerning this one. :mrgreen:

UPDATE: We're trying to decide whether to name her Penny or Dixie. :blackeye:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:37 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
UPDATE: We're trying to decide whether to name her Penny or Dixie

Neither of those names worked. Her name is Sophie. She and Charlie have already become good buddies, but Saber still keeps his distance.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:49 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
Well, I've been suckered again...by a little gray stray who showed up at the house about a week ago. I thought it was maybe a new acquisition by one of the neighbors...several of them get cats for their kids and then don't take care of the animals. I've "stolen" two over the years from their irresponsibility, and they're educated people! :? ...which sends a really "good" message to the kid, doesn't it? :roll:

Wherever she came from, she's now my kitty. I took her to the vet this morning for the initial checkup...and he said that she was less than a year old, was starting to develop an upper resperitory infection, but fortunately tested negative for feline leukemia. She's still at the vet's...they're giving her a bath...(don't want fleas in the house) and I'll put Frontline on her on Sunday. They said that to put it on her right after a bath might cause her skin to become irritated. I had to give her a "name" for their records...and I told them she was temporarily being named Lucky. She will receive all of her shots, an antibiotic for the infection, and then in about a month I'll take her back for spaying. She has incredible green eyes and she's so happy to have a good home at last. I am so grateful for having a kind and understanding husband. He just shook his head when I told him that it looked like we'd been adopted again. He doesn't really want another cat...but he's said that I could do whatever I wanted concerning this one. :mrgreen:

UPDATE: We're trying to decide whether to name her Penny or Dixie. :blackeye:

She has incredible green eyes and she's so happy to have a good home at last.

That's great Catherine. Another "kitty savior." And the green eyes well, KOOL!! I'm glad she escaped the leukemia stuff. I hate to see people, as well as cats, die at such an early age.

...she needs plenty of time, to "shred up" your upholstery!!

...oops!! (wasn't suppose to say that) :blackeye:

Does she have long or short hair? My mom has both now, and Skeeter (the long haired one) sheds something severe!!

...and the hairballs!!

My mom told me, that her vet told her, to put vaselene on Skeeter's paws, to help with the hairballs. And as a suprise to my mom and me, Skeeter likes the vaselene!! And he's a picky eater too!! Go figger' that one out huh!!

Anyway congrats!! Your feline friend, should turn out be a wonderful progressive pussycat!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:D Actually, I'm trying to start out letting Sophie learn that there are rules to be followed in her new abode, and one of them is no scratching the furniture. The other two cats learned it. I have several scratching pads set out around the house, and they're given a sprinkling of catnip once a week. The cats go to those pads and scratch them instead of the furniture. Sophie has done the same thing...so far. She has only missed the litter box twice...once a pee and once a poop. I have wood floors throughout the house except for carpet in two bedrooms, and wouldn't you know that she had the accidents in one of those bedrooms. It was ok...I keep SpotShot around for such things, and the rug shampooer has a little device for small cleaning jobs. Charlie and Saber haven't had an accident in years. I just took Sophie to the litter box and showed it to her...again. Since then, she's used it faithfully.

Sophie is a short hair. I put CATLAX on Saber and Charlie's paws once a week and that seems to control the hairballs, but their short hairs, too. I've not given any to Sophie yet, but probably will introduce her to the stuff this week sometime. Molly, the Himalayan we had for many years and who died in 2009, was the shedder, but the CATLAX helped her, too. She hated for me to put it on her paws, but it was the only way I could control her hairball problem.

Sophie goes in for spaying on the 21st...then that will bring the three cats and the dog up to date on all of their health needs for at least a year. About time, too...my budget has been busted by all the vet bills over the last couple of months.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman