It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:40 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: REPUB THINKS HEALTH CARE REFORM BILL WILL BE REPEALED
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:34 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

AND SO IT BEGINS.....BUT THIS IDIOT DOESN'T SEEM TO REALIZE THAT MANY DEMOCRATS WHO OPPOSED THE HEALTH CARE REFORM BILL WERE OUSTED IN THE LAST ELECTION... :lol:

Key House Republican: We Might Have Veto-Proof Majority For Repealing Health Care

NEW HAVEN -- Incoming House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-Mich.) predicted on Sunday that House Republicans would not only have enough votes to repeal the president's health care reform law, but also could have the numbers to override a presidential veto of that repeal, and would start the process before the upcoming State of the Union address.

"As part of our pledge we said that we would bring up a vote to repeal health care early," Upton said during an appearance on Fox News Sunday. "That will happen before the president's State of the Union address. We have 242 Republicans. There will be a significant number of Democrats, I think, that will join us. You will remember when that vote passed in the House, last march; it only passed by seven votes.

"Just wait. If you switched four votes from last march, that bill would have gone down. So we'll take the Democrats that voted no, we will take other Democrats who probably agree with Speaker Pelosi's statement. Remember when she said we want to pass this thing because then we'll learn what's in it? Well now the American public does know what is in it. Unpopularity numbers are as high as 60 percent across the country. I don't think we're going to be that far off from having the votes to actually override a veto."

This is, to put it mildly, an optimistic consideration of the congressional landscape.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: REPUB THINKS HEALTH CARE REFORM BILL WILL BE REPEALED
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:17 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
AND SO IT BEGINS.....BUT THIS IDIOT DOESN'T SEEM TO REALIZE THAT MANY DEMOCRATS WHO OPPOSED THE HEALTH CARE REFORM BILL WERE OUSTED IN THE LAST ELECTION... :lol:

Key House Republican: We Might Have Veto-Proof Majority For Repealing Health Care

NEW HAVEN -- Incoming House Energy and Commerce Committee Chairman Fred Upton (R-Mich.) predicted on Sunday that House Republicans would not only have enough votes to repeal the president's health care reform law, but also could have the numbers to override a presidential veto of that repeal, and would start the process before the upcoming State of the Union address.

"As part of our pledge we said that we would bring up a vote to repeal health care early," Upton said during an appearance on Fox News Sunday. "That will happen before the president's State of the Union address. We have 242 Republicans. There will be a significant number of Democrats, I think, that will join us. You will remember when that vote passed in the House, last march; it only passed by seven votes.

"Just wait. If you switched four votes from last march, that bill would have gone down. So we'll take the Democrats that voted no, we will take other Democrats who probably agree with Speaker Pelosi's statement. Remember when she said we want to pass this thing because then we'll learn what's in it? Well now the American public does know what is in it. Unpopularity numbers are as high as 60 percent across the country. I don't think we're going to be that far off from having the votes to actually override a veto."

This is, to put it mildly, an optimistic consideration of the congressional landscape.

I personally hate the damn thing myself. And I'm having total disrespect for O'bama by the second. HE MUST BE PRIMARIED!! At first, I "bit my tongue," because I knew, that it was going to help quite a few people. Initially, this WAS, my "knee jerk" reaction. However, with the other bullshit he's done recently, in the form of his personal "compromises," with pedophiles and cry babies from the right, his days as being any kind of a politician AT ANY LEVEL, should be seriously numbered!!

He's a coward and a traitor, just like Clinton is. (and his politically useless wife as well)

Kucinich summed it up so eloquently with Ed Shultz about a week ago. He said, "let it die, and let's bring it back up again." Let's show these bastards, that single payer and the public option, WERE popular choices with the American public.

...yep, and I agree Dennis.

This bill is trash, and supporting the unemployed with unemployment checks, for another 13 months is trash as well. (how's that for a statement from the heart huh!!) Just like a politician, campaigning to be elected, by making it absolutely clear, that the asswipes in political power today, are an end result, of the asswipe people, who placed them there.

(thank you George Carlin, and I miss you so!!) :(

Oh, but it goes way beyond the "corporate compromises" of the O'bama administration, with tax cuts, bleeding our infrastructure, as well as sending our jobs overseas.

Ya see, this is the perfect time for Progressives to shine. (both right,, center and left)

Dennis says, call these pigs (o.k. my words here) out on it. Let's wait and see, if their tax cuts, are gonna put Mr. and Mrs. Jones, back on the payroll. Furthermore, and this is the part I utterly love. People pounded Kucinich for so-called "caving in" to this health care bill, as Dennis has always had H.B. 676, written all over him, for several years now. (single payer) He also, was one of the very last, to vote for this "health care bread crumbs act" as well. And this is another thing to consider, and I CAN, find this video. I'll post it, as I'm sure I saw it off of Kucinich's website.

Rest assured, it's there!! (I watched it)

It was a promise to his progressive supporters, that he would return ALL the contributions made by them, in hopes that H.B.676, would see more of the "light of day," the last 9-12 months or so.

How's that for integrity.

And I'm sure "the little mouse that roars," received "congressional pats on the back," for that promise as well!! (yeah...right!!)

So, in essence, after Dennis was demonized for not going along with the "Executive Health Care Bread Crumbs" piece of legislation, he was later praised, for voting for it. Everyone, who had their personal names, written on their "corporate health care kneepads" of choice, thought it was the best thing since sliced bread as well. But he continued to be hammered by asswipes, who continued to accuse him of backing down, from his original stance on the issue. (you know, the asswipes who never knew he had single payer legislation, proposed in congress to begin with)

(Christ)

Furthermore, the thirteen month extension of unemployment, is not only an affirmation of compromise with these "right winged pigs," but it also places a "value" on the working class in this country. A value that, your "worthless ass," is no longer needed here. Thirteen months and a few billion, ain't "jack shit" to these bastards!!

But it'll stimulate the economy Greg.

No problem here, and it will/does. But how about a green energy manufacturing policy, bigger than a few contracts with Boeing, Lockhead Martin and General Electric. (to name just a very few)

Not only am I tired of eating bread crumbs off this President's floor, but I don't take too kindly to cowards either.

You shut off people's extension of "The Executive Health Care Bread Crumbs Act," they go completely hungry. In addition, you expose these "right winged snot bastards," throughout the next two years, that tax breaks for their "sorry ass" is making their son Billie, a little hungrier, then shitt'l get done.

After that, your choices have VANISHED!!

...and you think the media is gonna talk this way in public? :roll: :roll: :roll:

...they'll have no choice at this point.

THEY'LL HAVE TOO!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

I spent a few days on an online Cleveland newspaper site, digesting trolls, who had this vial attitude toward Kucinich. As you know, that's Kucinich's district.

I also like Ron Paul and yes, I know his stance on issues. I like Alex Jones and Scott Ritter, both Republicans as well. Alex Jones can be an "assoholic asshole at times," but I also know, he's taken a lot of shit over 911 as well. And unless one gets his wife's ass and his, threatened constantly, well, them "mile shoes," may be interesting to walk in huh!!

I'm old enough to remember, that shit never use to be this bad. (not even remotely close) Anyone that understands the dangers of "world imperialism," gets my respect...period!!

But more importantly, I'm not playing the game of, left versus right anymore either!! I never really did, but I have been more outspoken on various websites lately. (more than I ever have before) regarding this.

I'm a democrat, and I will always be. But I'm a progressive. And a progressive means "change." There are people on the center and right, who want "change" as well. My differences with their policies at times, can also be a learning block for me as well.

But this is the #1 reason why I have pushed "progressive from all sides lately." The reason, is to link with other progressives on similar issues. Ya see, one thing that these pigs in there hate right now, is for people like us to unite. Marginalizing the American people is their "political wet dream." (and I'm not fucking playing it)

After all, look at these tea (douche) baggers with the "right winged pedos." They unite, don't they? And look at Ron Paul, how's he's hated by these tramps as well!!

Alex Jones recently, interviewed Dennis Kucinnich on the Federal Reserve, and Cheney's impeachment.

And I love Alex for it as well. I was "weaned" on Alex Jones, in regards to 911. Most of my information, has come exclusively from him alone!! And yes, he has pissed me off at times. But if one is grounded in their political beliefs to begin with, it never has a long lasting negative effect. (nor a temporary one, for that matter) He is, what he is. I never park my ass on any website all the time anyway. (with the exception of here, the last few days or so) :D

I like a nice mix, and if I can learn, or be challenged on them, then so be it. :o

But I'm ready to pick up a broom, and sweep these "right winged trolls," out of congress immediately. In addition, my broom is extra wide, and O'bama is relatively skinny. Sweeping his skinny ass out the door, along with the rest of these snot bastards, is no problem whatsoever with me as well!!

Why should an Alex Jones, a Scott Ritter, a Ron Paul and yes, ST. BERNIE SANDERS, offend me? They don't have a "D" next to their name either.

...and O'bama does...Go figger huh!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

A "P" for Progressive, looks more like an "upside down" shovel to me. I can easily turn it "right side up," to finish the job that my broom can't!!

If you haven't heard of Traci Chapman, there is a song called "Revolution."

...and indeed, it does sound like a whisper!! :x :x :x

I may post the song in audio/video section later.

"I'm trying to be a uniter, and not a divider." (sound familiar?) :roll: :roll: :roll:

(oh Christ Greg, give me a break, will ya?) :roll: :D :roll:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:56 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

My husband, who is self-employed, now pays more in insurance premiums, just for himself, than he does on his share of our mortgage. He's had the Blue Cross-Blue Shield policy for seven years and he's used it three times. We personally have seen no benefit from the new health care law...none. I agree with Kucinich...do it right or let it die.

It's amazing that Kucinich and Boehner come from the same state... :shock:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:02 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
My husband, who is self-employed, now pays more in insurance premiums, just for himself, than he does on his share of our mortgage. He's had the Blue Cross-Blue Shield policy for seven years and he's used it three times. We personally have seen no benefit from the new health care law...none. I agree with Kucinich...do it right or let it die.

It's amazing that Kucinich and Boehner come from the same state... :shock:

***It's amazing that Kucinich and Boehner come from the same state...***

Simply amazing, and I am totally speechless on this one!!

Kinda like having a wolf, to guard your sheep. Then, giving the wolf a "nine iron" saying, "build me a bigger wooden gavel."

...I'm about ready to cry, and I gotta hook that bastard just right, over that pond waiting for me over there. 8) 8) 8)

God, I feel for Dennis!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Yes, Blue Cross bites!! I went from $47.00/month on a "very stripped down plan," to $104.00/month, a year later, with not one medical claim. (as if it really mattered to begin with) :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm tired of eating "O'bama crumbs" :evil: :evil: If the 'American Sheeple," could ever put one and one together, they would come up with H.B. 676.

...where we fricken' need to be in the first place!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

Let'r die baby!! Let'r die!! :D :lol: :D

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:15 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

My resistence to "letting it die" is that the Repubs would claim VICTORY and they have no plan of their own that even starts to do what the current health care bill has done, imperfect as it is, for millions of people who had no health care at all.

My challenge to ALL of the Congress Critters is to relinquish YOUR claim to YOUR government-run health care benefits...every single one of them...Repubs, Dems, and Teabaggers...What is good enough for the People should be good enough for their SERVANTS, which is what the Congress Critters are supposed to be. Only thing is, the SERVANTS are hired by idiots...at least in the Red States... :blackeye:

House to vote on repealing Obama's health care law

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:39 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
My resistence to "letting it die" is that the Repubs would claim VICTORY and they have no plan of their own that even starts to do what the current health care bill has done, imperfect as it is, for millions of people who had no health care at all.

My challenge to ALL of the Congress Critters is to relinquish YOUR claim to YOUR government-run health care benefits...every single one of them...Repubs, Dems, and Teabaggers...What is good enough for the People should be good enough for their SERVANTS, which is what the Congress Critters are supposed to be. Only thing is, the SERVANTS are hired by idiots...at least in the Red States... :blackeye:

House to vote on repealing Obama's health care law

Good point. However, it will take an extensive period of time, for the filthy right to dismantle O'bama's healthcare plan. What the dems need to do, is to re-introduce the single payer/public option now, while they are still, for the most part, in the majority.

Both options mentioned above, (and as stated before) are popular with the american people. This will work for their advantage, if they proceed with this route. For number one, it would prove that the dems have a spine, and will continue to work for the american people. It will also, put a fire under the ass of blue dogs dems as well. By not voting on the current healthcare plan, along with the filthy right dismantling it, it will expose the blue dogs, as not doing enough, to advance the healthcare issue. You simply cannot take a stance in the middle, AND NOT DO ANYTHING. Sound familiar? (does right wing filibuster ring a bell?) In addition, it will expose the filthy right, as "corporate elitists," and will be looked upon, as an anti healthcare opponent. :evil:

Finally, it will put O'bama in the "driver's seat," as far as reconsidering the current health care legislation. It will be looked upon by the american people, as a president who is familiar with the issue of healthcare, and what is best for the american people. O'bama has to be aware of his shitty compromise with the filthy right in December. He could gain massive popularity, by upgrading the current healthcare legislation NOW.

Give the filthy right enough rope? You betcha!! Not only will they hang themselves, but they will fall on their own sword as well.

HALLEJUAH!! :D :bounce: :D