It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:37 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MSNBC
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:34 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

For awhile now, I have been watching MSNBC, as like most here, this is the only corporate news source, that is relatively close to the truth politically. While I admire the left wing hosts, I'm finding an increased dislike, towards the way they pursue the truth.

For example, and I apologize for not getting the names of the guests, Dilan Ratigan's take on Health Care. One of his three guests, was a Republican ex-governor who we know, (and he did) lie relentlessly on O'bama's health care piece of legislation. The other two, were in support of O'bama's health care legislation. During most of the 10 minute coverage, both sides traded blows, on this particular health care plan. Then, one of Dilan's guests from the left, asked this right winged pig, "if this piece of legislation wasn't so popular with the american people and congress, then why did it pass?" I mean it's pretty obvious, that the right wing filth in congress, doesn't have any tangible health care piece of legislation floating around congress today. A dead person is much more affordable in balancing the budget, than one who gets adequate treatment from their family doctor. (from their side anyway)

...we all know that...Right? (sure we do)

Anyway, back to the circus. As the debate continued, the "filthmaster" from the right, defended his position from the left, saying, "if that piece of legislation received more exposure from our media, it would of been much less popular with the american people."

Well, first of all, HERE COMES THIS "AMERICAN PEOPLE BULLSHIT" AGAIN FROM THE RIGHT!! He thinks that the general population here in america, still thinks O'bama is a muslim. However, and having said that, not once, did Dilan or his left winged guests, even mention the word, single payer, hb 676 or the public option. And as far as enough exposure from our media...

WELL, THIS FILTHY RIGHTWINGER IS "DEAD ON" ON THIS ONE!!

...no pun intended of course!!

...it simply was a golden opportunity for Dilan and his two left wing guests, to conveniently shove the truth, down this right wing pig's throat.

...that's what "the real american people" wanted. :D :D :D
...but they dropped the ball on it!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

If MSNBC would of hammered the other options to O'bama's, "I hope you enjoyed the crumbs off my White House floor" piece of health care legislation, then yeah, this right winged pig, and the rest of his "ringworms," would of been "ridden out of town," with their corporate tails between their legs.

Dilan's show, "steel on wheels," in my opinion, is the same way. A lot of interesting guests, with amazing stories how some business owners, were at the brink of bankruptcy, but were able to pull their businesses through, and became successful in the end. And the beautiful mountaineous setting from the ski lift well, it simply took my breath away!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

But from my end, it carries just about as much "resonance," as O'bama's speech last week. I have seen several of these episodes in the past, where the left could of "dragged the carcuses of the right wing," off the stage, with their "political filth," dripping closely and purfuselly from behind!!

...but they didn't!!

Another example, was the Ed Shultz show, who I was listening to last night. He tried to settle down his guests, who were "pissed off," that the "pyscho talk" program was taken off his show. Many of his listeners complained, and justifiably so, that the Faux lies and propaganda, are spread freely over the airwaves, and that Ed, is simply "calling them out" on their filth!! But almost in the same breath, Ed complained about his new time slot on MSNBC, saying it may take awhile to get use to. YOU'RE NOT ON PRIME TIME ANYMORE ED!! Remember, Keith Olberman split, almost immediately, (or possibly shortly before) Comcast took over.

...and then there's Lawrence O'Donnell :roll: :roll: :roll:

And there's "the given," such as the "green energy manufacturing base" in this country, where Dilan could easily run an hour long segment on this alone, on his "steel on wheels" program. Is all this ever mentioned? Sure it is!! But don't hold your breath, on it's re-occurances!! It's just a fricken' shame, when you have seen in the past, pieces of right wing flesh, dripping off Dilan's mouth, as he so justifiably "bitch slapped," these useless right wing pigs!!

In short, and I hate to admit this, but I'm starting to see the little strings, dancing from the ceiling, of the MSNBC studio, much more than before. Lawrence O'Donell was the first sign. Remember, we have NO VOICE AT ALL, when it comes to alternate voices, from our corporate media. MSNBC is just about it.

...God, I long for the days, of having my BIG DISH SATELLITE SYSTEM!!

Furthermore, and I have stated this before, that the media is more of a complainer, than a uniter, or a trailblazer. This of course, is due to the "widely scattered yellow," from our journalists today. :cry: :cry: :cry:

In closing, as long as MSNBC can bring up an issue, pursue it enough from the left, and not give the "real voice" of the american people, then the lies and propaganda from the right, will continue. This to me, IS a "given."

Back in the FDR and Kennedy days, the voice of the american people WERE heard. There were real debates on issues. People were able to make a much better decision, on who they wanted to vote for, than today. I still can't forget, how shitty Nixon looked, when debating Kennedy. To me, and this is just my opinion, the media simply wore him down. Kennedy looked great, primarily because he told the truth. Lies wore me down too, covering up my drug abuse from the past.

And this is because of a more "testosterone driven media." A media that use to bring the issues, straight to the forefront, and allowing the american people to actually "picture," what a piece of legislation would look like in action. From there, the american people could simply run with it, or ignore it altogether.

... they simply "could connect the dots" back then.

A high resolution picture of an expensive sports car, may motivate an individual, to take it for a test drive. However, and if they could afford it to begin with, they would be totally "bummed out," if all four tires were flat, once that individual arrived at the car lot.

Same way with our corporate media. "MSNBC Carrot on a Stick," is really not that hard to pronounce!!

...and then, there is the "911 issue," who the media will NEVER, get at the root of.

By covering a story only 60%-70%, this corporate media, will have tons and tons of "soap opera type" coverage/stories. By unfolding ALL THE FACTS, enables more accountability from our elected officials.

60%-70% coverage, might of been more acceptable, during the "pre Bush, I'm so fucking stupid days," but the world is so much more of a dangerous place to live in nowadays, because of the legislation this monster passed, when he used our constitution, as a door mat to the White House.

You simply cannot see, how a piece of legislation is going to perform, if the media cannot or will not, bring it's whole story to light.

Ed Schultz reassured his audience, that the acquisition by Comcast, will have no effect, on getting to/at the truth.

I respectfully disagree!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Most of his shows, as well as other left winged hosts on MSNBC, educate me very little anymore. With a limited exception to Rachael Maddow, because like a wild animal, she has experienced the taste of "raw, right wing flesh," by having (a very few) of these filthy right wingers, foolish enough to be on her show.

And it hurts me profoundly, because I have other sources of information off the internet, that cover stories in much more detail, than MSNBC does. It would be nice, if I could reaffirm, that MSNBC is a great "cross reference." :D

...but I can't!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Post subject: Re: MSNBC
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am astonished that Huffington Post has sold out to AOL...for over $300 million. AOL is a huge business conglomerate. Just goes to show that any progressive website is for sale to the highest bidder...I am very disappointed in this deal, and in Arianna Huffington...and hope that I am wrong in my assessment of it. :(

htttp://www.huffingtonpost.org

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:17 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
I am astonished that Huffington Post has sold out to AOL...for over $300 million. AOL is a huge business conglomerate. Just goes to show that any progressive website is for sale to the highest bidder...I am very disappointed in this deal, and in Arianna Huffington...and hope that I am wrong in my assessment of it. :(

htttp://www.huffingtonpost.org

At op ed, there was a write up from an author, on this particular subject. he states it will enable to Huffington Post, to reach more of the "almost non existent." left wing media.

The only objection I see, is Marianna "yellowbellowing," like O'bama has. If she stays true to her followers, it may further the progressive agenda. They have a few aol media companies, in which the Huffington Post will be operating from. She's been on MSNBC ofter, as well as a few c span programs as well. Speaking of c span. a couple weeks ago, I watched Tavis Smiley, in an open forum debate. They had several media personel, trading ideas/psyilosophys, in front of a fairly large audience. Marianna shined, during the debate, debunking a few right wingers "lethal lies," that they do so well. In addition, Cornell West of Princeton University, is in the debate as well. I love Cornell West, he has tremendous insight on major issues, regarding the U.S. He, as well as Kucinich, would be the last two people I would want to debate. A very intelligent man!!

But having said that yes, aol (at least from my memory) has always been a "right leaning" company.

I guess time will tell, but I'm remaining hopeful, on it's outcome.

I already posted the debate earlier, in the audio/video section. However, the link now is dead, because cspan moved the page. However, I updated the link in a new post there, if anyone is interested in taking a look at it. The updated link is below...

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/Smiley

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hard Lessons from the Sale of the Huffington Post

by Robert Parry

U.S. progressive media has had a tough few weeks. First, Keith Olbermann, the pioneer for liberal programming during MSNBC’s evening hours, was sent packing. Then, Arianna Huffington allowed AOL to subsume her Huffington Post into AOL’s right-of-center content for the price tag of $315 million.

Leftist bloggers who had provided free content to Huffington Post, enabling it to become a valuable property, found themselves quite literally sold out, with Huffington pocketing $18 million while making clear that she won’t battle for the liberal banner inside AOL.

Huffington joined with her new boss, AOL Chairman Tim Armstrong, to declare that their focus will be on how many eyeballs can be drawn to AOL, not in pushing progressive causes.

"Arianna has the same interest we do, which is serving consumers' needs and going beyond the just straight political needs of people," Armstrong said.

For her part, Huffington noted that her Web site was already shedding its political identity, providing more celebrity news and scandal stories, including a new section devoted to divorces. While about half of the traffic was on politics a couple of years ago, she said, that is now down to about 15 percent with only one of two dozen “sections” centered on politics.

Well, I guess Huff Post can give People some competition...I don't think I'll be referencing it again...down with Arianna..and good riddance!

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:43 pm 

I sense that all this AOL crap was fence (money) to buy Huffington to shut her up and any liberal/progressive blogs getting stronger. She closed the door on her future in politics reporting for now. AOL didn't have the money and was about down the tubes so to speak... where did the money come from? The Kochs brothers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:54 am 
Hear Me Roar!

WOW!!

You guys are on top of this one!! I was reading a piece on OPED, where the writer was excited, that the Huffigton Post was expanding it's, "leftists voice."

WOW AGAIN!! This one comes as a shocker!! I'm sure "Ole Arianna," could use the 315 million huh!! :roll:

When I was reading both your pieces, I could not help, but to remember Jesee Venture's conquest for 911 truth. Arianna gave Jesse, pretty much "free reign," when writing articles for the Huffington Post.

However, 911 Truth was a "no-no." And Jesse said "no-no" to the Huffington Post after that!!

I don't want to "jump the gun" here, but I guess ANYONE, can be bought for a price huh!! :roll:

This IS, some really disheartening news, that's for sure!! :cry:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:50 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I had been noticing that the headlines posted at the Huff Post lately were seemingly more negative toward the left...and giving Sarah Palin and the teabaggers lots of coverage. :roll: Even some of the responses from Huff Post members were pointing that out and they were not happy about it. I had also noted that Huff Post seldom ever gave Michelle Obama any attention except for what she was wearing! And lots of gossip about who in Hollywood was pregnant, who was breaking up, or who was shacking up with whom. :roll:

Arianna pocketed 18 mil from the sale...I don't know where the rest of it went. As I said, I am very disappointed in this happening, but it just goes to show that money will always do the talking...

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wanted: A Voice of America - For America

Blogging by Stephen Pizzo

Quote:
I now know what it must have felt like to those folks stuck behind the old Iron Curtain back in the day. They couldn't watch or listen to western TV or radio because those signals were jammed by their own governments.

Over the past two weeks, if I wanted to get an unadulterated Middle Eastern take on the unfolding Egyptian revolution, I had to go on the Web and log onto al Jazeera to watch their live Web coverage.

Ironically, even as our own government prodded Egyptian officials to be more open, both we Americans and the Egyptian people were prevented from watching al Jazeera's own coverage on TV.

The reason neither country's citizens had access to al Jazeera TV is because, in both countries, those in charge of the transmitters were terrified by a news source they could not manipulate, control, limit or intimidate.

In Egypt it was the regime itself. terrified that al Jazeera's street cred would blow whatever was left of their credibility with those on the street.

Here, in the US, the reason is was something even worse -- fear -- blind, ignorance-fueled, xenophobic, fear.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 5:53 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
Wanted: A Voice of America - For America

Blogging by Stephen Pizzo

Quote:
I now know what it must have felt like to those folks stuck behind the old Iron Curtain back in the day. They couldn't watch or listen to western TV or radio because those signals were jammed by their own governments.

Over the past two weeks, if I wanted to get an unadulterated Middle Eastern take on the unfolding Egyptian revolution, I had to go on the Web and log onto al Jazeera to watch their live Web coverage.

Ironically, even as our own government prodded Egyptian officials to be more open, both we Americans and the Egyptian people were prevented from watching al Jazeera's own coverage on TV.

The reason neither country's citizens had access to al Jazeera TV is because, in both countries, those in charge of the transmitters were terrified by a news source they could not manipulate, control, limit or intimidate.

In Egypt it was the regime itself. terrified that al Jazeera's street cred would blow whatever was left of their credibility with those on the street.

Here, in the US, the reason is was something even worse -- fear -- blind, ignorance-fueled, xenophobic, fear.

All so true!!

God, I remember back in the early 90's, I purchaased a big dish satellite system. It was nice!! Back then, you could purchase one, or 500 channels, as you purchased programming, straight from the programmer. (cable companies, dish network and direct t.v. are the middleman today) Not only was the programming "dirt cheap," but there were plenty of non-biased news back then as well. Al-Jazzera, the BBC and literally hundreds of independent news sources, were constantly "up on the bird."

...especially, if you converted/purchased a dual-band system, like I eventually did. I like boxing, ,but hated the hbo/showtime/cinemax bullshit. However, when everybody else was purchasing a boxing event, I simply ordered a la carte showtime for one month at $7.95, watched the $40.00 boxing event, and had the next 29 days, absolutely free on showtime!!

...not no more, and I DON'T have to tell you why either!! A simple "harnessing of the air waves," and the consumer, (me) was all but a memory to "satellite God's on the Clarke Belt." (where the satellites in orbit reside)

No more independent C-Band!!
No more, (or very limited) independent KU-Band!!

Gone!!

And my $2800.00 system?

Junk!!

I use to love, watching KU-BAND on the BIG DISH!! You would surf the channels, and all of a sudden,you would see "uncut" news. Imagine if you can, the most absurd shit, that you could possibly imagine. :roll:

...uncut, spontaneous and straightforward!!

...and it was there!!

KU-BAND back then, was KU-BAND, and not the Dish network "spoon fed crap," that you see today.

So yes, from the skies, to the earth and all points in between, BIG BROTHER has come to our rescue!!

There was one positive event, that I could remember, after the "heavenly harnessing" of the satellites above. I experienced Jimmy Swaggert, crying to his congregation and saying, "forgive me Jesus, for I have sinned."

...all in stunning 5.1 Dolby Pro Logic!!

It's o.k. Jimmy. She might have been ugly, but at least, she was over the age of eighteen!!

So, as far as readily available news coverage now? Wikileaks, is the only one I know. That is, if you want a source that "draws blood" anyway. The Burning Platform, the one I read, has some right winged bullshit on it. But that is more on the individual writer, than the political stance they take. I have read some articles on there, that are "right on target." And a lot of times, they have their sources to back it up. (reliable sources too!!)

...and when they "lock on" to an issue, very seldom, do they take any prisoners!! :D

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:52 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I don't watch much television, especially during the day, but there are channels that I do enjoy now and then, and I like to be able to go to them when I want, such as PBS, History, DIY, the cooking channels, HGTV, and the BBC. I intend to start watching Current when Keith Olbermann begins his program on that channel. I still watch Lawrence, Rachel, and Ed on MSNBC, not every night but several times a week. When my granddaughter visits, she sometimes watches Disney and a few programs geared toward the teenagers...if they pass my inspection. We subscribe to Netflix, which is a rather cheap entertainment resource for all the fun we have being able to choose the movies we want to watch when we want to watch them.

I remember those HUGE satellite dishes that were so popular way back when! I never had one...but many people did. There they would be, stuck out in the yards of some of the poorest homes in the area. We used to laugh and say, well, they're on food stamps, but they've got their satellite dish. :wink: Those monsters were supposedly pointed straight up if the owners were watching the Playboy Channel, too...or at least that was the local rumor! :P Here in the NC mountains, reception was hard to come by, so the satellite dishes were all the rage for television addicts. Now, I often see those old satellite dishes either covered with honeysuckle or kudzu if the owner still has it in his/her yard. Some people turned them into rather creative planters.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:05 am 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
I don't watch much television, especially during the day, but there are channels that I do enjoy now and then, and I like to be able to go to them when I want, such as PBS, History, DIY, the cooking channels, HGTV, and the BBC. I intend to start watching Current when Keith Olbermann begins his program on that channel. I still watch Lawrence, Rachel, and Ed on MSNBC, not every night but several times a week. When my granddaughter visits, she sometimes watches Disney and a few programs geared toward the teenagers...if they pass my inspection. We subscribe to Netflix, which is a rather cheap entertainment resource for all the fun we have being able to choose the movies we want to watch when we want to watch them.

I remember those HUGE satellite dishes that were so popular way back when! I never had one...but many people did. There they would be, stuck out in the yards of some of the poorest homes in the area. We used to laugh and say, well, they're on food stamps, but they've got their satellite dish. :wink: Those monsters were supposedly pointed straight up if the owners were watching the Playboy Channel, too...or at least that was the local rumor! :P Here in the NC mountains, reception was hard to come by, so the satellite dishes were all the rage for television addicts. Now, I often see those old satellite dishes either covered with honeysuckle or kudzu if the owner still has it in his/her yard. Some people turned them into rather creative planters.

***Those monsters were supposedly pointed straight up if the owners were watching the Playboy Channel,

Not me no way!! I told my neighbor, that the "satellite guys," had the support pole to my smaller 7.5 foot dish, bent 18 degrees vertically, because that damn oak tree was too big!! :lol: :cheers: :cheers: :shock: :roll:

Then my dumbass friend, had to yell out OOOHHH MMMYYY GGGOOODDD!!!!!!

...have a great day!! :D :D :roll: :roll: :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

[url=http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/03/maddow-gets-radio-silence-on-michigan-foia-questions-video.php?ref=dcblt]Maddow Gets Radio Silence On Michigan FOIA Questions (VIDEO)[/url]

On her show last night, MSNBC's Rachel Maddow followed up on our story about the labor studies professor FOIAs in Michigan. She found the conservative donors who fund the think tank asking for emails from Michigan professors about, among other things, Maddow herself, less than willing to talk about where they sent their money.

Quick refresher: the Mackinac Center, a Michigan think tank funded by big names in the conservative movement ranging from the Kochs to the Wal-Mart Waltons to the family that founded Blackwater, used the Freedom Of Information Act to request copies of every email sent or received by labor studies professors at state universities that mentioned Wisconsin, Gov. Scott Walker (R-WI), the city of Madison and Maddow. The universities have not decided how to respond, but the professors say the FOIAs suggest Mackinac is trying to catch them in illegal political advocacy. Mackinac has declined to speak on the record about the requests.

On last night's episode of her show, Maddow described the response she got from Mackinac and the donors that fund it when she asked about the FOIAs: nervous silence.

The Prince Foundation, which is owned by the parents of the founder of Blackwater, were particularly uninterested in discussing the story.

"The Prince Foundation did not so much say 'no' to us as they did say 'we have no idea what you are talking about,' and then they seemed very alarmed that we had called them," Maddow told viewers. "And then they hung up on us."

Watch THE VIDEO

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:39 pm 

Republicans have the Blaze. I'm sure this ivy-league-caliber think-tank of the world's brightest Republican minds and brilliant common-person Republican insight will soon overtake the Huffington Post as the blog of record in this digitized political world.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 3:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Blaze? :? That's the one run by Glenn Beck and others of his ilk. :lol: :lol: NOTHING the Repubs can do at this point would be surprising...nor unpredicted, especially if it's Glenn Beck. We know that if his mouth is working, he's spouting out lies and distortions and feed for the couch potatoes who watch nothing but Faux Noise. They're so "transparent." :roll:

Actually, the Huff Post hasn't been doing too badly since the sell-out. It doesn't seem to have changed that much. However, I still think it and other websites like it offer far too much "Hollywood" news, but that's what gets the clicks! 8) :lol: I guess we could call it "well-rounded" reporting. :alien:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 11:03 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
The Blaze? :? That's the one run by Glenn Beck and others of his ilk. :lol: :lol: NOTHING the Repubs can do at this point would be surprising...nor unpredicted, especially if it's Glenn Beck. We know that if his mouth is working, he's spouting out lies and distortions and feed for the couch potatoes who watch nothing but Faux Noise. They're so "transparent." :roll:

Actually, the Huff Post hasn't been doing too badly since the sell-out. It doesn't seem to have changed that much. However, I still think it and other websites like it offer far too much "Hollywood" news, but that's what gets the clicks! 8) :lol: I guess we could call it "well-rounded" reporting. :alien:

I think MSNBC is the worst now. I simply cannot bear watching it w/o Keith Olberman anymore. Rachael Maddow is barely tolerable at best. It's kinda sad, because she does a fairly good job researching her stuff. However, I'm always led to believe, that there is that additional 30% of the truth, that she would like to run with, but the corporate strings always hold her back. 911 and the recent (death?) of "Osama been dead for years now," are two good examples. I usually end up at PBS most of the time. It's not usually as entertaining, which is probably why the filthy right want to de-fund it. Unfortunately, I saw a trailer on PBS regarding the history of the bible, funded by the Koch brothers about a month ago. So the days of PBS as we know it, will be filled with the "corporate embalming fluid" of lies, propaganda and deceit, in a very short period of time as well.

Entertainment = Fantasy/Lies
Boring = Reality/Let's deal with the issues

Plus, seeing Michael Steel's face on a regular basis, isn't adding any credibility to Rachael's show, imho!! Here's a guy, that doesn't even know what the federal minimum wage is!!

...but he's a rich Republican who lives in a castle...should he?