It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bush should apologize to Arabs!
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 11:17 am 
Involved
Involved

I think that it's a disgrace that the U.S. military would be involved in mistreating and harrassing the Iraqi prisoners in the way that they have. I've seen the nude pictures on TV and I think it's sick and perverted of our soldiers. I know that other countries mistreat their prisoners, the U.S.A. is supposed to uphold higher standards than that. More than likely the U.S. military knew what was happening, and decided to overlook the abuses. I also was listening to a man on the News they were asking if Saddam was being cooperative, and if he had been telling them what they wanted. The man said No, but we'll keep on working on Him. He didn't say they were torturing or mistreating Saddam, but I got the impression that they would torture Him if they thought it was necessary. I see that George W Bush went on Arab TV to discuss this situation, all He did was make excuses. I think since Bush makes such a big deal about being commander and chief that he should accept responsibility and apologize to the Arabs. I don't think this abuse of their people will make them hate the U.S.A. any more than they already do. It just seems to validate their view that America is a sick, perverted, immoral country, and in this case rightly so. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 2:06 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

I was not surprised that Bush did not apologize. Bush is too arrongant to do that. His action will only result in the same treatment being giving to US army personel and civilians being held by the Iraqs.

Post subject: Bush should apologize directly to Arabs!
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 10:26 am 
Involved
Involved

RealDemocrat wrote:
I was not surprised that Bush did not apologize. Bush is too arrongant to do that. His action will only result in the same treatment being giving to US army personel and civilians being held by the Iraqs.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:arrow: It seems that G W Bush did indirectly say he was sorry for the mistreatment of Iraqi prisoners yeseterday, during a joint news conference with King Abdullah of Jordan. Bush said "He did tell King Abdullah during their discussion together, that He was sorry for the abuse of Iraqi prisoners". Instead of apologizing directly to the Arabs, Bush took the chicken way out. He should still apologize directly to the Arab people, that's the only adequate approach.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2004 6:17 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

That is typical Bush arrogant and coward to apologize directly to the right people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:17 am 

First, let me say that I do agree that the U.S. soldiers who took part in the humiliation of the Iraqi prisoners deserve punishment. They went well above and beyond any conceivable scope of "routine interrogation." However, I don't see any Arab leaders standing up and apologizing for the mutilation and dismemberment and decapitation of our soldiers and/or civilians. Why are those of you who cry out against what the U.S. soldiers did to the Iraqi prisoners (by the way, none of them was physically tortured or hurt, much less killed) not crying out for the American civilians who were slaughtered and burned and hung from bridges? Seems to me that you are applying a double standard. Where is the apology from the Arab community?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2004 1:47 pm 
Lots to Say
Lots to Say

Quote:
Iraqi prisoners (by the way, none of them was physically tortured or hurt, much less killed)~~~dufferman

Another silly statement from you Dufferman. Did you hear the testimony of your beloved Rumsfeld that 12 deaths Iraqs which occured were justifibale, 2 deaths were criminal death which is not justified. Before you make statements in here do check your facts.

I do agree with you that Arab nations are not quick to condemn the beheading of Mr. Berg but they are coming around now if you listen to the news and read newpapers. Better late than never. Unlike Bush who is too arrongant to admit his fault and lies about the reason for going to war.

Let me finally say that we all Americans have expressed our dismay and outrage at the beheading of the American so don't come in here accusing of of not doing so. That Bush and his team line of attacking anyone that speaks the truth about the Moron Bush is not going to work in here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:32 pm 

I recently read that a British politician suggested that the U.S. president be indicted on a charge of war crimes.

My point here is that much of the attitude that may has motivated the heinous acts against the Iraqi detainees - that we know about - may be part of the psyche of fear and paranoia that has been perpetuated on the American people by the present adminstration.

There is a mind set in America that breeds a superiority complex in front of other cultures, especially non-western, non-white, and now non-Christian. I am not crying racism here. I love the American people, and am thankful to God that I was born in this great country.

The situation in Iraq, and probably in Iran also, has been presented as a clash of cultures, with the American culture being the superior culture and the others . . . . well . . . .

Remember our history . . . the Indian wars, the slavery issues and civil rights, Sino-phobia . . . there have been incidents in our history where non-white peoples have been subjected to some of the worse in human ill-treatment.

Iraq - in the image of Saddam Hussein - was presented as the evil empire. The Iraqi people were presented as this poor ignorant population who needed the might and "freedom" of the American juggernaut. And what did they receive?

This message was dumped like cement onto the minds and hearts of the American people, and our soldires. . . .

When they come back . . . . we should embrace them for they were sent to do a very dirty job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 11:47 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Quote:
However, I don't see any Arab leaders standing up and apologizing for the mutilation and dismemberment and decapitation of our soldiers and/or civilians.

And why should they?

After all, if you insist in engaging in an internationally declared "illegal war", then accept the consequences.

Quote:
I do agree with you that Arab nations are not quick to condemn the beheading of Mr. Berg

That was proved to be a total hoax. Did you not read any of the information about the "chair", the "orange clothes", the decapitors with white, white skin, white tennis shoes (nearly Nikes) and Israeli arms?? Reports from medical experts about no blood during the decapitation? Come on, donĀ“t tell me that you really believed that??