It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GRAPES OF WRATH – 2011
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:58 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

An OUTSTANDING article.

I never had the chance of reading the book. I may have to remedy that!!

http://www.theburningplatform.com/?p=10725

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

Post subject: Re: GRAPES OF WRATH – 2011
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:52 am 
Hear Me Roar!

CrimsonEagle wrote:
An OUTSTANDING article.

I never had the chance of reading the book. I may have to remedy that!!

http://www.theburningplatform.com/?p=10725

Yes it sure is and thanks for posting. I started reading it yesterday afternoon, and just now finished it. I found this paragraph, a carbon copy, of the bullshit that is going on with the 'filthy right," and how they will stop at NOTHING, to end "collective bargaining" in this country...

Real median household income in the U.S. is $49,777 today. It was $52,388 in 1999 before George Bush took office. This is a 5% decline over ten years. Even more disturbing is the fact that the top 20% of households showed real increases in income. The bottom 50% lost income during the last ten years, with the bottom 20% losing 8% of income over this time frame. No wonder there is so much anger among the working middle class in the country regarding the bailout for the top 1%. Sixty million households make less today than they made 10 years ago. The policies of the Federal Reserve over the last ten years have benefitted speculators and punished seniors, savers and the working middle class. Every policy, program and regulation rolled out by the Federal Reserve in the last three years has been to prop up, enrich, and support their Too Big To Fail Wall Street owners. The middle class American working family is Too Small To Matter.

I pulled this one exclusively, from the paragraph...

***The policies of the Federal Reserve over the last ten years have benefitted speculators and punished seniors, savers and the working middle class.

The part about punishing the savers of this country, is especially dangerous right now. Yes, it's obvious that the "filthy right," want to make us work longer before retiring. (if at all)

However, when you mix these deadly ingredients of...

1) No return on your I.R.A. (if you're lucky enough to have one) Means putting millions of retires, back in the already "dead economy."

2) Retires who may be too sick or old, to physically work anymore. This will increase the cost of health care dramatically, under the current conditions in place today, when it comes to our nation's health care coverage.

3) The rich, being able to move/invest their companies overseas, pulling billions of dollars, out of our economy.

4) A "runaway Federal Reserve," making our currency, "monopoly money." Nobody wants it. And if they do, then the Federal Reserve has to print more of it and why?

...because it's not backed up by a "gold monetary policy."

You can have a dead possum, as your "monetary policy," and IT WILL WORK!! However, that monetary policy has to be recognized, by the rest of the world's economy as well.

There's a reason why gold is around $1350.00/oz. here. BECAUSE OUR MONEY IS FRICKEN' WORTHLESS!! There's a reason why Paul Wolfewitz, and the rest of these neo-cons, have "wet dreams," over acquisition of the World Bank. They want the rest of the world, to play ball under OUR TERMS!!

There's a lot of stuff not mentioned in our media today. (DUH!!) But if you look at the "great depression," and notice how the "filthy right's" agenda back then, is the same "filthy right's" agenda today, then you know that indeed, these are VERY DANGEROUS TIMES WE LIVE IN NOW!!

...but with our "corporate media God's" today, it is ever so easy, to manipulate the masses, who simply will refuse, to stop suckling from "the breasts of propaganda."

These dangerous people already know, we have a "dumber than owl shit" population here. If they didn't they would not have the National Guard, ready to pounce on " the people of dissent" in our country today.

I wish people would come out of the ether long enough, BEFORE THE MASSIVE MOVEMENT IN THIS COUNTRY BEGINS!! It is so much easier, bringing down a corrupt government, when people know how to "fight the good fight." It's already bad enough, when a "true dissenter," wants change in our government. However, when you constantly have to "bitch slap the brain dead from Fox," it has a tendency to slow down your efforts, in getting a real change for this country!!

But take heart to this, and from the recent events of Egypt....

In Egypt, their military eventually and for the most part, sided with the people. Here in the states, they still side with our evil/oppressive/repressive/fascist government.

This should be a "wake up call," for everyone, who wants to see a positive change in our government. (from the left, center and right) Although I'm a "proud left winger," I also know, things weren't as nearly screwed up back then, as they are now. I personally, will not play "the marginalization game" in politics. Not now anyway. I hold true, to my "left winged views."

However, we're dealing with a dangerous force here. I think it's time, that ALL PEOPLE in this country, from all political backgrounds, pull together IN OUR SIMILARITIES, and just go from there. After that, at least we can "negotiate" (but not cave in like nO'Bama) to legislative issues we should of dealt with oh let's say, the day after F.D.R. passed away?

There's a clear "line in the sand" now, with the pigs, such as the Bush's, the Rove's, the Limbaugh's and the "Fox's adam's apple Coulter." They are not Republicans, they are our "domestic enemies." And every time we progressives bring it up, you have these "hate filled bastards" like Michele Bachman, Rush Limbaugh and Sharon Angle, saying the same thing, WITH OBVIOUS THREATS, toward the "dissenters" of this country.

You think these neo-cons would of used phrases like these, if us progressives, both from the left and the right, didn't know what our "founding fathers" said, about dangerous people, such as these? HELL NO!!

I long for the days, where "real democrats and real republicans," can get together, and move this country forward. But in my humble opinion, there has to be a "common ground/thread, with people from the left, center and right." We are way past the point, of "fine tuning" anything right now!!

These neo-cons take no prisoners!! And it's VERY OBVIOUS right now, THAT THEY EAT THEIR OWN!! Doesn't matter if they are fake right wingers, or Progressive Republicans or Democrats.

They clearly have an agenda and quite frankly, you're not part of "their master plan."

...period

As George Carlin once said, "these assholes have a plan, and you're not part of it."

Unfortunately, as of right now anyway, democracy is gone!! But with the recent events in Egypt, we can still be a part of "the mob rules brigade."

Remember, there's a reason why the national guard/police/military is out in full force. This "stranglehold" that we're in now, can be broken if, and only if, we can join together in our similarities, and not our differences. This in turn, will result in a "worldwide support" for ALL countries, who don't want to be under a dictatorship anymore.

I'm sure the Egyptian people have their work cut out for them ahead. I'm sure there are going to be some "monumental differences," in getting either side's agenda passed. However, and which WE, should of been doing a long time ago, it's far better (and much more respectful) to "hammer out our differences," rather than fight "something," that has absolutely nothing to do with restoring democracy or a republic in this country.

We simply cannot play "the marginalization game" anymore. There's just not enough of us "left wingers" to go around. (at least real one's) So we have to join people together over our similarities, and not our differences right now. From there, comes respect. From there, comes a real change.

I know you, as well as myself, go to various forums and websites, to drive home an issue. I find myself disagreeing constantly with people. (God, ain't that an understatement) But not only is my responsibility, to make certain that all "trolls" not to be taken prisoners, but also supporting other members, who may not agree with you on certain issues. And this is why I like this forum. The people here, focus on the media, BECAUSE THEY ARE, OUR REAL ENEMY RIGHT NOW. FIRST AND FOREMOST!! Comes manipulation, comes control!!

Exposing cowards, leaves me with a feeling of "glea," to the heights I've never imagined before.

Because they (think) they are the majority!!

But that can change, if we all join together, for the good of this republic/democracy!!

They can have all the guns and missiles, their little heart(less) desires. But if somebody else's MOB RULES, they will run back to their "shadow government," faster than a right winger's date with a minor!!

It's all about "empowerment," and a general understanding, of how to actually think for
oneself. That's why in my humble opinion, we're dealing with cowards here, way before criminals!!

My "personal line in the sand," is Rush Limbaugh. Other people can have their own "personal shitwipe."

However, imho, Rush Limbaugh is the "perfect domestic enemy" in this country. Not only is he a "hater of humanity," but he's already shown, time and time again, that money, not democracy, will enable you to reach a level of "irresponsibility," never dreamed before by mortal man!!

This is why, I HAVE, to believe in a "supreme power" of some sort. It will literally "drive me insane," if this bastard gets "off the hook," after he draws his last breath here on earth!!

...and I'm trying, (really I am) to take my "energy of total hate and disgust" for this bastard, and turn it into something positive.

...much like cow shit, before it's converted to "green energy."

NOW THERE'S A THOUGHT HUH!! :D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:22 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Check out these stories from Talking Points Memo:

Boehner: If Jobs Are Lost As A Result Of GOP Spending Cuts 'So Be It'

Quote:
If House Republicans succeed in cutting tens of billions of dollars in discretionary spending over the next six months, some of the most immediate victims will be federal employees, many of whose jobs will be slashed as their agencies pare back.

At a press conference in the lobby of RNC headquarters Tuesday morning, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) shrugged this off as collateral damage.

"In the last two years, under President Obama, the federal government has added 200,000 new federal jobs," Boehner said. "If some of those jobs are lost so be it. We're broke."

Update: Ed O'Keefe of the Washington Post reported last September that there were only 20,000 more federal employees under Obama in 2010 than under George W. Bush in 2002 -- and that, on a per capita basis (federal employees per 1,000 Americans), it's at the lowest level at least since 1962.

UNNECESSARY DEFENSE PROGRAM MAY BE DIFFICULT TO KILL

President Obama's proposed budget for next year recommends cutting some weapons programs that Defense Secretary Robert Gates has said are unnecessary and wasteful. But don't hold your breath: Congress has a history of preserving funding for programs that the Defense Department itself wants to kill

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:20 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
Check out these stories from Talking Points Memo:

Boehner: If Jobs Are Lost As A Result Of GOP Spending Cuts 'So Be It'

Quote:
If House Republicans succeed in cutting tens of billions of dollars in discretionary spending over the next six months, some of the most immediate victims will be federal employees, many of whose jobs will be slashed as their agencies pare back.

At a press conference in the lobby of RNC headquarters Tuesday morning, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) shrugged this off as collateral damage.

"In the last two years, under President Obama, the federal government has added 200,000 new federal jobs," Boehner said. "If some of those jobs are lost so be it. We're broke."

Update: Ed O'Keefe of the Washington Post reported last September that there were only 20,000 more federal employees under Obama in 2010 than under George W. Bush in 2002 -- and that, on a per capita basis (federal employees per 1,000 Americans), it's at the lowest level at least since 1962.

UNNECESSARY DEFENSE PROGRAM MAY BE DIFFICULT TO KILL

President Obama's proposed budget for next year recommends cutting some weapons programs that Defense Secretary Robert Gates has said are unnecessary and wasteful. But don't hold your breath: Congress has a history of preserving funding for programs that the Defense Department itself wants to kill

quote***Some of those employees will no doubt collect unemployment insurance, so the government's obligation to them won't disappear with their jobs.

Well well Mr. Boner and thank you!! nice to know you have given your Federal employees, a nice wet "french kiss," before adding them to your "blasphemous bigoted political victim's belt."

What will happen next big guy? Take credit for the increased peasant wage jobs, right before the RNC, in which you'll stand on the podium and cry, because you just created 1.2 million minimum wage jobs, (outsourced) to the once was "living waged Federal jobs?

You've been talking to Mitch Daniels, haven't you. He pulled the same shit, with our State employees as well, by outsourcing our state highways and parks, to a set of foreign companies. The same foreign companies, that he's going to visit tomorrow...

IT'S CALLED THE ASIAN INITIATIVE!! :roll: :evil: :roll: :evil: :roll: :evil:

TO TELL US HOOSIERS, THAT NEW JOBS ARE COMING TO INDIANA!! FROM THE SAME CORPORATIONS WHO FRICKEN' STOLE THEM!! :evil: :evil: :evil:

***"The bill that we're going to deal with next week has the money in it," Republican Representative C.W. Bill Young, who chairs the House Appropriations defense subcommittee, said of the engine being developed by General Electric (GE.N) and Britain's Rolls-Royce (RR.L).

Keep a close eye on this one kids!! Indianapolis has a HUGE Rolls Royce research/manufacturing/development center here. They also partnership with the Research Center here at Purdue, and other colleges as well. I never trust anything that comes out of the Purdue Research and Development Department!!

One of the lines of bullshit, that Purdue Research puts out, is "clean coal," or clean fossil fuel energy." It usually goes over well, right next to the "sport's section." (especially if Purdue wins!!)

Now, let's mosey on over to the "already running" T.V. ads for General Electric. you know, the ones where all the employees are doing a little dance in "lockstep," excited about the new "clean energy programs" being developed by them?

Then, toward the end of the commercial, the reception on their little radio, kinds of fades out. So. one of the manufacturing employees, who was dancing in "lock step" with the rest, breaks stride, and runs over to adjust the antenna, to correct the reception problem.

PROPAGANDA IN MOTION!!

Clean energy makes us happy and dance and oh, what's this? A problem with radio contact? Well, reset coordinates please!! :o

BOOM!! Mission accomplished!! :P :P :P

...but they were innocent bystanders!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did we tell you about GE's clean/renewable energy program? :roll: :roll: :roll:

...it'll make ya dance!! :D

...but don't mess with our radio!! :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:42 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

You know something ETL. I know what it is that the people on the left, (I'm leaving the powers that be out of it), want and believe in. Not only do I know, I agree with most. I understand the needs. Furthermore, in my heart, I'm probably more left leaning than most of the people you know, yet my view is of a Utopian society that will never happen. At least not in my lifetime.

On the other hand, I also know what it is that the people on the right want and believe, or think that they believe. I agree with much of what they say and in many cases it just seems to be common sense. (Too bad they don't practice what they preach).
Chances are, I LIVE more conservatively than most of the conservatives out there.

In both of these cases, I am ignoring the extremists of each side. I'm talking about the common every day person who just wants to live life with some since of sanity.

The problem that I have with the agenda on the left is how they want to implement it, or perhaps its not even how they want to implement it, but how it ends up being implemented.

The danger that I see is that the left insists upon giving the government (the rule of a few over the many), more and more authority over the lives of the citizens. No matter that the rule "Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely" is a reality and not some figment of the imagination. (Has it not been proven over and over again throughout history?)

I'm sorry guys, but no matter how noble I feel your causes to be, if it requires even further consolidation of power into the hands of a few, I just can not in my heart support it. If anything what we should be doing is dividing the power amongst as many as possible while still maintaining a functional government. The sole function of Washington should be the protection of its people from corrupt forces allowing sovereignty of the states and self rule.

No, this would not prevent all corruption. What it would do however would be to minimize the effect of corruption to localized states and their jurisdictions. The way things are set up now with the concentration of power resting in the hands of a few in Washington is that the corruption is now all encompassing. What is even worse is that this concentration of power is now shifting, (actually has shifted), into the hands of a few global elite and the corruption and its effects are now felt around the globe.

Why the left, even though the recognize the corruption, insist on giving even more power to the corrupted, I do not think I will ever understand. The game is rigged and I will tell you something, you will never get in the people that you NEED. The powers that be will always, ALWAYS make sure that they have the edge they need. They may from time to time give a little token to quell the rage of the masses but if one observes, one comes to realize that the real agenda continues apace.

What can I say about those on the right? Where I think that the left are naive, gullible, even foolish, I also think this of the right, boarder lining stupid and suicidal.

Time and time again they see that little R next to the name and they think fiscal conservative. Finally they think that they will get control. Financial responsibility, a shrinking of government, fairness, a return to sanity.

How stupid these people are absolutely staggers my mind. They are figuratively bent over and fucked in the ass at which point they smile and say "Thank you sir, may I have another!!!" The absurdity of what is real verses what they think is happening at times has me beside myself. In this totally defunct system which we have in place they cheer, CHEER when they hear the word tax cut thinking that the extra couple of hundred they get in their pockets is worth a shit while ignoring the fact that the already obscenely wealthy are the main beneficiary's allowing them to accumulate and hold even more wealth, wealth that could not be spent in a hundred lifetimes. They in their blind, stupid ignorance look at those who are less fortunate and blame them believing that it is their fault that their is so much debt, or just as stupid, they blame the Unions for demanding too much, totally ignoring the fact that a few people are making billions....BILLIONS in profit off from the sweat of our labor.

What is even more absurd is that when the time comes that THEY lose their jobs and the come to depend upon the very safety nets employed to help the needy, they STILL blame it on the wrong culprits. The stupidity and ignorance simply blows my mind.

Another thing ignored is that even with "their side" in control, the insanity still continues.

Again, the game is rigged. They will never get into office who is NEEDED. The powers that be may allow a few tokens to quell the rage, but the agenda moves ever forward.

It is always the same. It never changes. I watch those on the left and the right fighting tooth and nail over triviality's while the real agenda continues to move inevitably forward and there is not a fucking thing I can do because so many seem to have such a narrow view that they can not see the whole picture. They take a problem that is multi-faceted and point to one facet and say "This, if we can just get rid of THIS, all will be well"

I watch those on the left as they scream that we must take care of those less fortunate within this country

I agree, BUT, what I see is the government backed multi national, corporate military, industrial, banking elite continue to wage wars around the globe, continue to steal through covert and overt operations things that in reality can not belong to them through anything other than force, the continued exploitation rape, murder, pillaging, and outright destruction of both the people and the land of this little blue marble we call earth.

They do all this and they say it is in our name and in a way they are right. We as a people want to remain in comfort. We are willing to, to a certain extent, take care of others living in this country, yet still we ignore the real cost of our standards of living. Very little that we have anymore is attained through our own hard work and ingenuity. Instead it is obtained through the very beast itself. We cant fool ourselves and think it any differently.

I'm sorry guys, but I can not in good consciousness care about many of the things you fight over. With full knowledge of the havoc being created around the globe in our name, to many of the arguments between the left and right seem to me to be nothing short of petty and selfish. We watch the world burn and we fight over nothing more than bread and circus's.

I realize that by not jumping into the fray with you for what seems to be a noble cause may be shooting myself in the foot, but to be honest, if we have to suffer in order to bring about real and meaningful change then I for one am willing to not only suffer, but die before I support this criminal system which is in place.

And any one the right who dare view and reply on this board, the same apples to you. You scream about fiscal responsibility? You dare? Even worse is that at least those on the left have a noble cause. Your cause is pure selfishness. You are too stupid to realize that unless you are in the top few percentile of the ruling elite then you are nothing more than an expendable slave and no matter how secure you THINK you are in your position, at any given instant everything could be taken away from you because the reality is that you own nothing. This entire system is set up as a pyramid and chances are, if you are reading this site, either normal person or government mole, you are in the bottom percentile. You are unimportant and expendable. You are no less a slave than the rest of us.

You stupidly cry fiscal responsibility while you stupidly support a global war. You stupidly support the ruling elite while they take everything for their own. You stupidly look at those less fortunate than yourself and blame them for things you think you should have while stupidly ignoring the fact that in this pyramid scheme of corruption and greed, there is no way possible that everyone can be equally fortunate. You stupidly claim to be compassionate on one hand while on the other hand stupidly say that those who are suffering deserve everything they get, ignoring the fact that their are only so many positions to be filled, and the inequality and oppression which is a reality for many of those who struggle. You stupidly ignore that all is in fact not equal, at least not in the way that you think.

The powers that be give you the illusion of importance and ownership and then they cunningly point to the very bottom rung and tell you that they want what is yours. The reality is that nothing is yours. The reality is that those on the bottom rung do not want what you have, they just want to live life. Stop looking below you while placing blame you freaking idiots.

Like with those on the left, I cannot in good conscious support your petty fights. Humanity itself is at stake and to be quite honest, if America going broke means that the citizens will finally awaken to the horrors of what they have inflicted then every fake dollar added to the national debt I applaud. It is all fake. Everything is fake. Let the illusion fall and let us see who we really are. Let us wake up to the reality we have allowed in our midst under our watch.

And no, I am not a traitor to my country. There is no country. This is another illusion. Nothing but an idea with lines drawn in the sand. There is nothing wrong with self interest nor with the idea of self preservation. These are noble and necessary for the survival of humanity. However, when self interest and self preservation turns into selfishness and greed, at the cost of humanity itself, then I have no choice but to shed the cloth of citizenship and recognize myself for what I am. A form which we call the human body with pure consciousness contained just like every other being on this planet. In this we are the same and it is the one commonality that ties us all together. Above all I must support humanity.

ETL, you stated,
Quote:
However, we're dealing with a dangerous force here. I think it's time, that ALL PEOPLE in this country, from all political backgrounds, pull together IN OUR SIMILARITIES, and just go from there.

There is nothing, NOTHING, ever stated that I could not agree with more. NOTHING!!!!

The problem is that such a movement would have to be created and operate outside of the current system. There is simply no other way. There is no more working with this system nor the government. It has no redeeming quality's and has become so infiltrated that even an honest and real attempt to work with it would quickly be thwarted.

Basically we would have to start from scratch with a united front based on our similarities as you so eloquently stated. On top of that it would have to be a group willing to, have the balls to totally ignore the sociopaths in Washington puppets and the global elite allowing them no power over us, returning the power to the will of the people of a united front under the rule of common law.

Unfortunately, I just do not see this happening.

I have friends, family, and acquaintances who run down both sides of the isle. It is so funny in a sad sort of way. All of these people are kind, loving, caring, among other quality's of humanity that we look up to and admire. For the most part I can have sane conversations with them regarding their choice of support and though they may disagree, at least they hear me out and often times they actually do agree with my assessment. They just feel that they do not have a choice. In this they are right, as stated, the game is rigged.

Yet get these two groups together and get them talking about politics together and immediately I can see the lines being drawn. No more sane conversations, no more civility. Its as if all of the traits I saw that caused me to respect them in the first place disappeared. It is so horrible to witness people turning into such ugliness, it breaks my heart.

It is as if they have forgotten who they are all because of foolish ideology's based on the outright lies of the powers that be.

Until this idea of Democrat or Republican, left, right, or any other focus on differences is killed and we are willing to come together in some form of sanity, finding the common causes and fully TALKING about and exploring our different views, there will be no change.

I unfortunately do not see this happening until something so tragic happens that we have no choice but to forget our differences and come together purely for survival. It seems to be inevitable and I do not think that this is all that far off in the future. Its not that it may eventually happen, it will happen. The only question is when it will happen. The earth is ready for its periodic cleansing. We know these as mass extinctions.

What? Were we really foolish enough to believe that we were above the mass extinctions of the past? That's just silly.

I know that this is long and I ask that you forgive this. I guess that I am just in a writing mood. It hasn't really happened to me for quite awhile. Its not that I no longer care. I do. I just realize that I have no control over events, I can only witness them. It has always been this way. Its a train wreck in slow motion. It is too late to stop the momentum.

I would also like to apologize if you found what I wrote to be offensive. It was not meant to be.

I have come to realize that there is only one thing that I can know for certain. That is that I AM. I am here and I am conscious of this. Here and now is all that I can know and outside of this I can really know nothing. Its not really such a scary place to be. Kind of peaceful really.

Everything that I wrote is based on information I have gathered or witnessed throughout the years and if anyone, anyone can talk reasonably and prove my assessments wrong then I will be more than willing to re evaluate. I can only write my view from my perspective based on what I have seen and experienced. You disagree then SHOW me something different but make sure that it is not biased and is reasonably presented. Forget the left, right differences. Show me the truth as you see it.

This is the horror of humanity. Each and every person can only speak based on their experiences and how they perceive reality. The conflict arises because it seems that each and every person has their own perceptions.

I consider roller coasters to be utterly terrifying. I can not even comprehend how people consider this to be fun or exhilarating. Others consider roller coasters to be a blast. They can not comprehend why people such as myself do not find them to be the same.

Same event, two different perceptions.

The common factor. We are both human BEINGS. I so wish that we could start from that point and then work our way outwards.
Unfortunately, at this point in time it is wishful thinking.

This may or may not anger whoever has read this far. Especially those on the right who I criticized. A person can only be called stupid so many times before they begin to take offense.

Anyhow, I hope this is taken in the context that it was written. It is a personal view only and is subject to change if proven that this view is incorrect.

Good luck.

Dave.

The greatest deception they have perpetrated is that we need them. Our greatest mistake is that we believe them.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:20 am 
Hear Me Roar!

CE!! GR8 Post as usual!!

First of all I have absolutely no doubt, that your approach to politics well let's just say, is more polished than mine. I have never claimed to have any formal education in history or politics. And as stated before, I'd be an utter fool to lie about it. (I"m a terrible liar, really I am, I'm just plain shitty at it.) I try to be right (um correct) in what I say. But almost all the time, it comes from my heart, other than a "history lesson" point of view. Because as stated before, I don't consider myself a liar. Can my story or post be adjust, corrected or challenged? Why I hope so!! However, I try to view all the posts here, as more of a "knee jerk," or heart felt opinion, other than anything else. I like it this way. Why, because over the short time I've been here, I've been around people like you, and others who clearly have a more "polished approach" to history and politics than I do. As a result, slowly but surely, I pick up extra names of Congressman, Senators, House Bills, etc. and start to get myself up to speed a little bit. It encourages me to look a little further and yes, maybe sometimes, post a "killer story," that people here may like.

Thanks for your patience I know. (yawn)
So I'll try, to make sense of some of your well organizaed comments here. Most will be straight from the heart, with none of the "pretty stationary," that comes with it. I simply don't operate this way...sorry!! :cry:

...your comments below

I have friends, family, and acquaintances who run down both sides of the isle. It is so funny in a sad sort of way. All of these people are kind, loving, caring, among other quality's of humanity that we look up to and admire. For the most part I can have sane conversations with them regarding their choice of support and though they may disagree, at least they hear me out and often times they actually do agree with my assessment. I have friends, family, and acquaintances who run down both sides of the isle. It is so funny in a sad sort of way. All of these people are kind, loving, caring, among other quality's of humanity that we look up to and admire. For the most part I can have sane conversations with them regarding their choice of support and though they may disagree, at least they hear me out and often times they actually do agree with my assessment. They just feel that they do not have a choice. In this they are right, as stated, the game is rigged.

***I have friends, family, and acquaintances who run down both sides of the isle. It is so funny in a sad sort of way. All of these people are kind, loving, caring, among other quality's of humanity that we look up to and admire. For the most part I can have sane conversations with them regarding their choice of support and though they may disagree, at least they hear me out and often times they actually do agree with my assessment. They just feel that they do not have a choice. In this they are right, as stated, the game is rigged.

As I was reading this CE, I had a sense that you were talking to these people, then you kinda turned into a reporter, and started to be on the outside, looking in.

like here...

***I have friends, family, and acquaintances who run down both sides of the isle.
*** For the most part I can have sane conversations with them regarding their choice of support and though they may disagree, at least they hear me out and often times they actually do agree with my assessment. (from outside)

***They just feel that they do not have a choice. In this they are right, as stated, the game is rigged. (inside)

No big deal I guess. But if I was actually having a conversation with them, I would at least, try to find out the specifics, as to why they feel they have no choice.

By no means, am I getting sarcastic with you. I save this for "troll fishing." One main reason, is the "no choice" you mentioned. Usually, when I talk to someone about no choice, I usually feel I may be getting into the why's, where's of it all. It usually comes with politicians names or reasons, why one feels this way. This to me, is inside talk.

In addition, and naturally, my own opinion, I look at "no choice," as a much lesser catastrophe, than "no hope." I, in my own life, have either created another choice by dissent, and more on the lines of being a "sweaky wheel bastard," than anything else.
In addition, I have simply used the "no choice mode," to really fuck up the overall dynamics, of one's own personal gain as well!!

I also, look at "no choice,: as still a viable option for dissent. People will rally around "no choice." I personally, would drink turpentine, before telling a 'left winged woman," that she has no choice, when it comes to carrying out her pregnancy or not.

OH, HELP ME JESUS!! :alien: :alien: :alien:

However, there's one condition, that has me concerned. And that's "no hope." To me anyway, no hope, is more of a general, or "outside looking in" approach. It's usually accompanied, by a fair amount of lies, bullshit, propaganda and an "industrial strength brainwashing." This is a laugh/cry situation for me. Going troll fishing is a blast. I don't drink anymore, and I'm too poor to go to jail. So I make due, to what I have readily available. However these little MF's aren't to stupid (yet) to know how to vote. And this may turn out to be my "personal acheillies heel." (go away spellcheck)

The reason is the magnitude. Remember, one small ounce of fact, brings down a "right wing army." So we're not talking quality here, just "utter magnitude." A magnitude of propaganda, to feed the magnitudes of asswipes in this country, that are liars, racists, religious bigots and pedophiles. So you can easily see, that's it's potency is weak, but the numbers are HUGE!! This is how they operate. Leading by example, is the furthest thing, from these corporate bastard's minds!!

No choice to me anyway, seems more of a personal, one to one inside kind of an experience, than no hope. I also, feel as if I have some options to no choice, as opposed to no hope as well.

***Yet get these two groups together and get them talking about politics together and immediately I can see the lines being drawn. No more sane conversations, no more civility. Its as if all of the traits I saw that caused me to respect them in the first place disappeared. It is so horrible to witness people turning into such ugliness, it breaks my heart.

The results of corporate brain washing to me. I'm a democrat. However, if one comes to me, and says they are a Republican, I personally feel anyway, no line in the sand at all. I'm perfectly comfortable with my views.

However, and I think this is your approach to this, is the less politically educated or even more so, the "Faux F***s," who will react to a democrat, just because Bill, "I'm too bigoted to be a box cutter" O'Reilly says so. Fuck em.' They just saved you a shitload of time!!

***I unfortunately do not see this happening until something so tragic happens that we have no choice but to forget our differences and come together purely for survival.

Respectfully disagree with you on this one my friend!!

Any kind of another 911, will yield the same result. "Worlwide Imperialism." Tragedies like these, serve just a few purposes...

1)Domination
2)Marginalizing the american public
3)War
4)Stripping of our civil liberties.
5) and war...oops, already mentioned that, didn't I

There's no democracy or a republic, developed over a major tragedy, such as 911, or it's cousins. Only control from utter lunatics!!

***Forget the left, right differences. Show me the truth as you see it.

The " truth," as I see it, is based on a more of a "majority level," than anything else CE. Politically, the "truth," simply states an acceptance from it's people, within it's democracy. As in a thought, and idea or a philosophy based on facts.

Which leads me in to the difference. Facts are conclusions, usually based on extensive research. "911 Truth movement." I imagine, one of their motivations for truth, was to convince the majority of the masses, that 911 WAS AN INSIDE JOB!! (and it was) Do the majority of the masses think it was. No. Even though the majority of the masses, think the 911 (O)mission report, had more holes in it than a sponge!!

However, their truth is a statement, a belief or their philosophy, based on FACTS!!

In a court of law, it's perjury, if you don't tell the truth and I totally agree. But in order for the unfortunate bastard to be hung and dry for perjury, the prosecutor, will have to unveil the facts, through ample research. So truth to me, is a belief, based on the masses, or a certain majority. That's why I can easily distinguish, between "the truth," or "mob rules." No direction and most of the time, no majority either.

***I agree, BUT, what I see is the government backed multi national, corporate military, industrial, banking elite continue to wage wars around the globe, continue to steal through covert and overt operations things that in reality can not belong to them through anything other than force, the continued exploitation rape, murder, pillaging, and outright destruction of both the people and the land of this little blue marble we call earth.

And I as well...

***yet my view is of a Utopian society that will never happen. At least not in my lifetime.

Mine either I'm afraid. :cry:

In closing, may I say this. I think, for the most part, people are after the common good. They want to raise a family, go to college and play a responsible role in society. I really try, to take on the responsibility, to connect with the other side of the "political fence," the best way I can. Commons a commonn purpose, comes a sense of respect for each other.This is why, I hate corporate dictatorship. It's puts a "carrot on a stick mentality," to the uneducated public. "Common good," doesn't require a lot of political educating. People want to connect with other people. I really believe this. However, it's the manipulation of the public, through their "industrialized irresponsibility," that turns normal everyday thinking individuals, into "political monsters."
On the other side of the fence, I wish there were more Ron Pauls, Alex Jones or Scott Ritters. not necessarily because I would support them politically. It's because I can "connect" with them, far more easier, than the "asswiped trolls."

We got a monster here folks. All of us, from both sides of the fence and in between, have to bring out the common good of humanity. We simply, do not have the time, to "nit pick" over certain issues. I'd love to see a mixed White House. However, mixed, is completely different from "misfits." I try to take the major issues, and focus on that, for the time being. For example Ron Paul, wants to end these wars, and audit the Federal Reserve. Big pluses for me. I'm fully aware of his take on universal health care and other issues. However, at least I feel that they represent (more) of the people of the U.S, than these bastards, already in our congress today. I also, feel that I can talk to them, instead of at them. And these kind of people aren't hard to find. Unfortunately, they are too few in numbers, to actually make a positive difference, as of right now!!

nO'bama on the other hand, who is a democrat(?), is NOT, moving this country forward at all!! He's simply a "corporate drone," geared to fire a "shot across he bow," for any american, seeking a real democracy.

I'm perfectly grounded as a democrat. However, I also know the dangers of "globalized imperialism" as well. :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:34 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

God damn it. I had something typed up and erased it.

Frig it.

I'll just say I think that for the most part, we are pretty much on the same page. Just minor differences and even some of those I think we are saying almost the same thing, just in a different way.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:23 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

CrimsonEagle wrote:
God damn it. I had something typed up and erased it.

Frig it.

I'll just say I think that for the most part, we are pretty much on the same page. Just minor differences and even some of those I think we are saying almost the same thing, just in a different way.

Nothing wrong with that my friend and yes, we know who are enemies are!!

Be well!! :D