It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:24 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Four Possible Endgames in Wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Four Possible Endgames in Wisconsin

Will the massive labor protests in Madison end with a union victory, Republican trickery, or a stalemate?

— By Andy Kroll

HERE'S A GREAT COMMENT FROM THE LINK:

Quote:
I wish you had addressed some of the other scary aspects of Walker's 'budget repair' bill, like the way he wants to give political appointees the authority to sell state-owned power plants without competitive bidding and without legislative oversight or how he wants to give bureaucrats (again, political appointees, aka cronies) the authority to change medicaid without legislative oversight. Yes, the union stuff in the bill is hideous but there is much more at stake here than union wages. And this: the bill will change the decades long practice of having state agencies headed by career professionals in the relevant fields and allow political cronies to have the job. The state will be run by guys like the clown George W. appointed to run FEMA . . . remember, when Katrina struck New Orleans, the guy in charge had been running an Arabian Horseowners ASsociation before running the FEderal Emergency Management agency. . . until 'Brownie' (Georgie's nickname for the clown), the head of FEMA had always been an emergency management professional. Walker's bill will wipe out professionalism in state government and this plays into the Koch's agenda of starving the beast of government. It is all so sickening it is hard to know where to start. I think Walker used the collective bargaining thing as a red herring to distract from the other ugly shit he wants to do.

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Four Possible Endgames in Wisconsin
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:49 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

AND HERE'S MORE GOOD INFO ABOUT THE KOCH SCHEME..

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/2 ... -Wisconsin

Oh my, we got ourselves quite a tail-wagging going on in Wisconsin. You are thinking, what? This is about collective bargaining and workers' rights!

Bullshit. You are being wagged.

As always this has to do with money, and the union "compromise" coming down the pipe was set up to be the "booby" prize while the Koch Brothers get their "booty" prize. This is all being well-orchestrated with an end game that has absolutely nothing to do with unions.

As I said in comments before, to much bewilderment, this is about power plants and a vertical monopoly the Kock Brothers have their eye on in Wisconsin.

So in short:

1) Koch Brothers get their puppet Governor Walker in power
2) Governor Walker gins up a crisis
3) Democrats and Progressives take the bait and counter-protest on collective bargaining
4) Governor Walker will compromise on collective bargaining if the rest of the budget is passed as is
5) Bill passes, with trojan horse give-a-way to the Koch Brothers nested in
6) Koch Brothers will buy Wisconsin state-owned power plants for pennies on the dollar in closed unsolicitated bids for which there will be no oversight
7) Koch Brothers get the best vertical monopoly in a generation

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:15 am 

I certainly could have told you why the Koch Bros. put money into Gov. Walker campaign fund. They didn't care about the Unions benefits, etc. It was all about getting access to the municpallities..aka power plants. And they will...and would you like to know what happens next....increase in rates for all.. wait a minute...rates for citizens...not corporate businesses,

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Looks like it might be Republican Trickery....

WI Assembly GOP Passes Walker Budget In Surprise Vote -- Dems Chant "Shame!"

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

A COMMENT FROM THE LINK:

For all you Wisconsinites, that would like to solve the Walker Problem!

United Wisconsin is for Wisconsin residents to sign a pledge to recall Scott Walker. Since we can not distribute the actual petitions until 11/3/11, sign a pledge for recall as we will only have 60 days to collect 540,206 signatures. The database will be essential for a successful recall

http://www.unitedwisconsin.com/

Not knowing how many of you are from Wisconson, lurker or active, take note of this and act on it. If you know someone who lives in Wisconsin and wants a new governor, pass it on. Please.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:55 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

Catherine wrote:
Four Possible Endgames in Wisconsin

Will the massive labor protests in Madison end with a union victory, Republican trickery, or a stalemate?

— By Andy Kroll

HERE'S A GREAT COMMENT FROM THE LINK:

Quote:
I wish you had addressed some of the other scary aspects of Walker's 'budget repair' bill, like the way he wants to give political appointees the authority to sell state-owned power plants without competitive bidding and without legislative oversight or how he wants to give bureaucrats (again, political appointees, aka cronies) the authority to change medicaid without legislative oversight. Yes, the union stuff in the bill is hideous but there is much more at stake here than union wages. And this: the bill will change the decades long practice of having state agencies headed by career professionals in the relevant fields and allow political cronies to have the job. The state will be run by guys like the clown George W. appointed to run FEMA . . . remember, when Katrina struck New Orleans, the guy in charge had been running an Arabian Horseowners ASsociation before running the FEderal Emergency Management agency. . . until 'Brownie' (Georgie's nickname for the clown), the head of FEMA had always been an emergency management professional. Walker's bill will wipe out professionalism in state government and this plays into the Koch's agenda of starving the beast of government. It is all so sickening it is hard to know where to start. I think Walker used the collective bargaining thing as a red herring to distract from the other ugly shit he wants to do.

***Wisconsin Senate Democratic Leader Mark Miller said the president's voice will not be decisive in the showdown. "Really, the people of our state, and the people of our country have been able to find their own voice in this battle," he said. "The voices of the people are the voices the governor needs to listen to."

I agree!! The progressive voice in this country, were generally aware of No'Bama's stance on collective bargaining. It's pretty much a clear cut issue with me, that No'Bama, should of been there with the protesters. But he wasn't. He cannot treat this situation the same, as in the recent uprising in Egypt.

This, as well as other actions that No'Bama has taken, is the perfect example of this man's utter cowardness. Unions and it's collective bargaining, are "rock solid political beliefs" of the progressive movement.

I'm glad that the protesters generally, are not dragging O'Bama into this. The number of protesters are increasing. Therefore, it should send a clear cut message to congress, that these are progressive issues, and they will NOT, take any prisoners, including No'Bama. No'Bama had all the time in the world, to jump on the bandwagon, and he didn't. A little "window dressing" from No'Bama in the beginning, doesn't mean "jack shit."

...and the unions know this!!

I think this is wonderful. Primarily, because the protesters are drawing a line in the sand, both on the state and federal level.

A perfect opportunity, for No'Bama, to earn his PHD!!

(P)rimary
(H)im
(D)iligently

...I'm tired of watching my veins stick out of my arms, everytime I see this useless coward!! :evil:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:30 pm 

Can I just drive up to Wisconsin...buy couple meals, some high price gasoline, and claim I'm a resident so I can sign the petition to recall the scumbag..Govenorless Walker?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:09 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Quote:
I'm tired of watching my veins stick out of my arms, everytime I see this useless coward!!

No need to get so upset at Obama about this...I'm afraid he's got no spine to find and the Dems in Congress have none either...might as well save the anger and vein watching for January, 2013, when the Repubs and tea partiers have all three branches of government under their control once more...oops...I mean under Koch Kontrol...and they won't give it up again. Yep, we were all led up the garden path by all that "hopey-changey" stuff. The last two years have just been practice for the Kochers, to see how easy or difficult it would be to brain-wash a nation with right wing lies, distortions, and knee-jerk rhetoric....and how much they would have to pay to buy America. Why did Russ Feingold lose his Senate bid? Why in the name of all the gods and goddesses is Walker Governor of Wisconsin? Why are those other idiots in the governors' mansions of other states, including Indiana's? Because either the people actually elected them, at least those who voted, and probably some of those who are out there protesting now voted for Walker....OR those Diebold machines are back in perfect working order! I'm thinking that the "bosses" are oh so pleased with the ease of winning their little game. I can just see them, not in some smoky back room, but in some penthouse or on some yacht in the Carribeano...planning how to overcome the 2008 Democratic win. Someone suggests putting their cronies in at the governor level...piling lots of money into mass mailings/robo calls against the Dems in all the states at all levels just before the 2010 midterms. That happened in my state, and consequently our General Assembly is now controlled by Repubs for the first time since before the Civil War! That tells you how successful their strategy is...MONEY, MONEY, MONEY and lots of lies a few days before the polls open....the people are so gullible!

Trouble is, the Dems thought the Repubs were gone away for a long, long time in 2008. Who would have thought they'd be back so powerfully in less than two years?????? Big money talks, always has and always will. Not just to Repubs, but to Dems as well. All of the politicians will sell their souls the highest bidder...or lobbyist.

Krushchev was right when he said we would fall from within! How the people scoffed at that statement made by a bald-headed little Russian with a smirk on his face long, long ago....funny thing is, Krushchev didn't put a time frame on when we would fall, but just that it would be from WITHIN...and that fall began with the 2008 election...in the midst of all that HOPE...we got a Trojan Horse.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 5:33 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The Group Behind The Group Behind That Sketchy Wisconsin Poll

Yesterday we told you about the Franklin Center For Government and Public Integrity, the group behind the website behind that sketchy poll of Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker's budget proposals. But the trail doesn't end there. Turns out, there is another group that's behind the Franklin Center: the conservative, Chicago-based Sam Adams Alliance.

The groups share a conservative philosophy and opaque financing, and it turns out that the Alliance is behind another conservative group making its presence felt in Wisconsin these days: American Majority, the organization behind last Saturday's pro-Walker counter-rallies in Madison.

The Franklin Center, which received 501 (c)(3) charitable tax exemption status from the IRS in June 2009, says on its website that it "operates independently from any organization." But the center's president, Jason Stverak, told the Springfield State Journal-Register in 2009 that his group had received a "sponsorship grant" from the Alliance. And the Franklin Center has close personal ties to its parent group. Stverak, who bills himself as an "expert in non-profit journalism," previously worked as Regional Field Director for the Alliance. Another Franklin staffer, Elizabeth Hillgrove, once spent her Koch Summer Fellowship at the Alliance.

Curioser and Curioser.... :twisted:

AND TAKE A LOOK AT THIS LINK:
:bounce:
http://www.theatlantic.com/business/arc ... alism/4770

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:06 am 

Quote:
At stake isn't the little guy's fight against big government, as Santelli and his bot-supporters claim, but rather the "upper 2 percent"'s war to protect their wealth from the Obama Adminstration's economic plans.

That was from 2009. Nothing has changed, has it. It is still the "upper 2 percent's" war to protect their wealth.

What I don't understand is how they manage to keep the little guy voting for them. Heck, the little guy is out there pushing others to vote for the upper 2 percenters. Do people think anymore?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:59 am 

[quote:} Do people think anymore?[/quote]

dori, when did people stop thinking? I would say somewhere in the late 60's and or early 70's.

And on the subject...the two percenters holding the country hostage. The rich wants two classes of citizens....rich and poor. The results...the rich keeps the poor working for "bread and water", and begging. Non other than being called slaves. With all that, they stay in power. And we know the end results from that.