It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dish Network and Current TV
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:53 am 

It appears that Dish Network (owner: Charlie Ergen) ...a twenty -two times billionaire has a fetish for Al Gore's Current TV channel.
That is to destroy it. This all came about when Dish Network heard that Keith Olbermann was to be pushing his program in June 2011. We all know these billionaires.aka repugs hate Keith Olbermann. The Current TV channel was on D/N channel 196 from the time it begin by Al Gore.
In a matter of couple weeks when Keith Olbermann started, D/N moved Current TV to channel 294 to confuse the viewers...hoping many would not search and just forget about Current TV.
When D/N heard that Current TV was to add two more former MSNBC correspondents to the channel, Dish Network again moved Current TV from channel 294 to 215. Again, leaving the viewers searching to where Current TV moved.

I'm guessing that D/N will soon move Current TV again or just drop it from their programming.

Post subject: Re: Dish Network and Current TV
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:30 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Dish has also been in a quarrel with the local channel out of Chattanooga...WRCB which is the channel most of the viewers in my area watch for local news and weather.

If they drop CURRENT, I'll not re-up my subscription with them when my contract runs out...but that won't be for at least another year or so...and Direct TV is even worse.

Keith and Al will put their heads together and come up with some kind of plan....they won't let the only voice of truth fade away. :alien:

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject: Re: Dish Network and Current TV
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:24 am 

Two more MSNBC people coming on board. Do you know who they are? There aren't many people on MSNBC worth listening to, I hope Keith and Al pick carefully.

I hope we don't have to go to the computer to get these programs. Computers are under attack too, blocking content is the dream of rightwingers.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid