It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Birth Control-- And The Crazies
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:43 pm 

The past six weeks of more, I haven't paid too much attention to the news talk due to my wife's illness. Being it all polities and other worthless information. However, there is one subject that seems to occupy the news casts...Birth Control in politics. What does birth control have to do with any politician ideas or demands? I don't know who started all this crap, but it appears one or all of the GOP crazies running for President go into a matter how to stop or control women from using birth control pills...or if that was the reason it started. I would think if women were to refrain from using birth control pills, why wouldn't that same apply to men using a condom?

Post subject: Re: Birth Control-- And The Crazies
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You've got that right, KF! I've never seen anything like it and I'm sure the rest of the world is appalled at the behavior of these idiotic Americans. Their disgusting and embarrassing, and Bill Maher has a lot to say about the Repubs and their stupid agenda, as they've displayed so many times during their endless debates:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-mahe ... 96036.html

Quote:
he Republicans sure have the right symbol with the elephant. Republican debates are nothing but elephants in the room.

The biggest of which must be: to someone out there who's hurting, they spend the whole two hours yammering away about earmarks and illegal immigrants and contraception and every other peripheral, wish-I-had-the-time-to-worry-about-it issue they can think of.

Then there is the elephant of how they all -- with the sometime exception of Ron Paul -- nod along to insane statements just because they don't want to ever look like they're to the left of anybody, on anything, especially the evilness of Barack Obama. So Wednesday night when Newt said the president of the United States had a history of practicing infanticide... yep, yep, yessir, that's what he does all right. Clubs infants like baby seals in his spare time. Ike played golf, Kennedy liked boating...

Ron Paul said foreign aid just helps our enemies. Which, I believe, would make Israel and Egypt our two biggest enemies. Yup, yup, hate foreign aid. A meaningless percentage of the budget, btw.

Newt said where government becomes the central provider of services, it's a move towards tyranny -- yeah, except in all the countries where it isn't, like all of Scandanavia and much of Europe. Today a barium enema paid for by medicare, tomorrow Poland.

There's more of Bill's wisdom at the link. :D

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:02 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Love Bill Mahar. And he just gave a million bucks to Obama's Super Pac.

Good man. Rich man, but he knows how to use his money.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:45 pm 

Nothing else pisses me off more than to hear a man talk about not allowing a woman to choose what to do with her health. Well, it does also make me nuts to see a woman actually agree with whatever loon is daring to talk about this shit. I rant to my husband and son every single day about this crap because it seems that every day these assholes, oops, I mean presidential candidates, wax poetic about the evils of women's reproductive rights. Rick Santorum actually had the fucking balls to say that RAPE BABIES ARE GIFTS FROM GOD. I shit you not.

I'll quote him:

Quote:
"I believe and I think that the right approach is to accept this horribly created, in the sense of rape, but nevertheless, in a very broken way, a gift of human life, and accept what God is giving to you."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belief/2012/jan/25/rick-santorum-rape-pregnancy
(I so cannot remember how to do url links with text right now, ag!)

There's a video of his interview somewhere, if you can stomach watching it, it is quite astonishing to see/hear, really.

That link is to a fantastic editorial rant in the UK Guardian, btw. If you have a chance, go read it.

It's a divisive issue and for some reason it seems to be something that the "conservative republicans" have tried to equate: birth control equals being pro choice, which to these fucking loons means pro-baby murderers... So somehow everyone is now fixated on vaginas and what happens with them, instead of the fact that the "pool of candidates" is the most pathetic bowl of assholes that care nothing, NOTHING about what we plebeian losers have or don't have, as long as we work in their factories and fuel their war machines. Making us all fixate on this stupid shit is just a way to distract everyone from the real problems in the world. And it's working pretty well.

Though I will say that, quite astonishingly, even here in BIBLE BELT MISS'IPPI the weird "personhood" initiative was knocked down by like 60%. That surprised me so much. I was terrified. I thought it would actually pass here. But even my uber conservative sister has become decidedly pro-choice (she wasn't before) since they started that push. I think in some ways it's good because it's making women who would ordinarily not even think about the things they support start thinking and actually doing what is right for themselves instead of what they are supposed to do...

Ok, I shall shut up. I've gotten all over the place, as usual, hopefully I sort of hit what I was trying to say.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:46 pm 

Oh let me add the greatest thing I read the other day:

Quote:
If abortion is murder, does that make a blow-job cannibalism?

:bounce:

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

It's amazing to me that he's gotten as far as he has...on his stupidity, but that's the Republican party this year, isn't it? I think Rickyboots has done himself in this time...expecially since it's being reported this morning that he says separation of church and state makes him want to "throw up." Well, HE makes me want to throw up, every time I see him strutting around with his forefinger stuck in the air and his mouth pursed like he's just eaten a persimmon. The comments at the link below are very good, as may of the participants in the over 20,000 responses are comparing him to Taliban leaders. :blackeye: Bout time, too!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/2 ... l#comments

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:05 pm 

Catherine, don't go throwing up every time you hear one of these GOP candidates speak of something foul mouthed or you will be seeing a medical doctor trying to cure the bleeding. Myself, I try not to turn on the TV when eating, meaning the food probably will be coming back up from these "crazies" trying to impress the crazies that they hope to get them to vote for their cause.

Over these past months, I've notice there's a close years in age associated with these nut cases. Such as Rick Scott, Scott Walker, Rick Santorum, Jan Brewer, Mitt Romney, and Sarah Palin. Must have been something blown in the air during the nine months prior to these "cast offs" were born, and they all have the same attributes....Mostly the same ideas to destroy our country.

Last edited by King Fisher on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:29 pm 

Personally, I just think they're all fucking nuts.

I'm so sick of it all. (No pun intended.)

Thanks for the article link, Cat, it's nice to know he's just going to keep on saying dumb shit. I saw an article a few minutes ago (which I have now lost and cannot find again) that said that Santorum's in the lead for the nomination now. How fucking weird is that? Or really, how weird is it that every single week a different nut job is "in the lead"? I have a friend who's from France and she says that people pretty much either just laugh at us (Americans) for this shit, or feel really badly for us. Either way, how are we supposed to escape?

Really, I think of the fall of Rome. Remember how all the super looney people started being Caesar soon before they fell into oblivion? Maybe that's where we're at... the last few stumbling steps before collapse? Caligula?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:32 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Frankly, I'd kind of like to see a real wingnut like Santorum actually be the Repub nominee. He would stand no chance of being elected, of course, and Obama would have the opportunity to expose the Repub idiocy in their required debates. It would almost guarantee Obama a second term, although I know there is a slight, built in risk involved in wishing for such a thing to happen. (Diebold is still making voting machines and probably being rigged as I type!)

But Romney has the ability to make himself seem less like a Repub crazy and more of a moderate, which we all know he is not. Romney is a lot like Bush...he will play the game according to the plan laid down by his handlers, and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw KOCH BROTHERS tattooed on Romney's butt cheeks should he ever drop his pants in front of tv cameras... :mrgreen:

There are a lot of crazies out there...and they've been wet-nursed by Rush, Faux, Bill-O, and the religious right for a long, long time.... :drunken:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:54 pm 

I've been so horrified by the 2 year long spectacle of the "primaries" that I hadn't even let my braid guess who would be chosen and go ahead in this mess. I see your point about Santorum, but I really cannot imagine him getting the nomination. SO that means he probably will. I am not longer even able to guess what they will do.

The main problem seems to be that the "base" of fucking loons has been super ignited by all of the crazy-talk-encouragement they are getting from those entities you listed, that they are showing up for primaries and getting the delegate positions that would ordinarily go to regular repulsive republicans. Lately, it seems the only people even identifying themselves as republicans are the most crazy of the crazies. And it's weird and sad how easily they are willing to believe every word they are fed, even if they are told to believe the exact opposite the very next day.

I'm still considering where in South America I'll be making my mud hut.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:31 am 

I have to say it again, the people here are buying everything the Rs are selling. So often I feel like I am the only liberal in America, that is why this site is so important to me.

When Hochul won as our Representative, three of the five counties voted totally R. And this is a blue state--and how people here hate New York City. Country people love those Rs! Schools and libraries are stocked to the hilt with conservative materials, no liberal info allowed. After all, no one wants to read that kind of stuff...

It is so depressing.

:evil:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:04 am 

I feel the same way you do Dori. The only thing I take heart in is when I randomly meet someone like you guys. Ok, that doesn't happen in the real world for me much, but at least I know these sorts of people exist somewhere.

To add to the original post, yesterdays Progress Report newsletter was chock full of awesome new bills being introduced, or even better, already passed, in several states. Would you believe MS has 3 new bills? I know that's super shocking, especially considering how progressive MS is on everything else. I mean shit, they let black people use the same stores as the white people and everything! I think one of the most disturbing bills I read was from the increasingly more conservative/regressive state of Arizona, which will require women to show her medical records to an employer so that they can determine if the reason she takes birth control is morally objectionable to them or not. And as an added bonus, because AZ is an at-will employment state (just like super awesome Mississippi!), if the employers find anything at all they don't like in the records, they can fire the woman and not even have to give a reason! Yay, I'm so happy to be living in the 2nd dark age.

Here's a link to the article about Arizona, I deleted my Think Progress newsletter, or else I would shower you all with a ton more super bills that are aimed at keeping us stupid women barefoot and preggers.
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/03/14/444111/birth-control-to-control-birth/

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:28 am 

The amount of stupid laws this political season is like an avalanche, covering everything. Even if we manage to elect sane people, those laws will still be on the books.

Just like Bush's people are still working throughout the government.

No wonder we are the laughing stock of the world.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:33 pm 

It's a freaking weird world we live in. I just really never knew. It's like everyday I become more aware of the insanity. I've lived in Mississippi most of my life and I still am stunned at the bigotry, prejudice and general stupidity of people. I'm guessing that we women are just supposed to stay home, pregnant, without medical treatment, popping them babies out left and right. I mean, what else will result from these laws? Well, aside from more poverty for women and children (an enormous problem in MS), oh ya, and more domestic abuse/child abuse as the result of all of the unplanned pregnancies and forced births. Oh well. Who cares, I mean we're just stupid women. Why would we need to do anything for ourselves? Opps, I didn't mean to imply we wouldn't do tons of work, because we will, but we don't need to THINK for ourselves, that's when we get all uppity and shit.

AG. I want to move to the rainforest and live in a tree until I die from some random disease. It would be far more interesting and pleasant than this slow death we are promised here.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 3:51 pm 

Old Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times."

Isn't it wonderful how far we will go to please the Chinese?