It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Willard Romney Has a Problem.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:47 pm 

And it all applies to "smarts".....education. When I read he didn't know why the windows on a aircraft....airplane didn't roll down or up, I knew this man went to school, but didn't learn anything. More so, talked his way thru all his years in lower grades and college. Any 10 year old will tell you what would happen when you are at 30,000 feet in a plane, and if just one window should happen to fail...blow out, the interior of the plane will be sucked out that window. That would be any loose items...such as people, body parts, baggage....you name it.

So, what we have here is a "dummy" running for President of The United States, and has no clue...not one. I know "little Tree 43", aka G.W. Bush was dumb. What I didn't know, there was one more walking the earth.

Post subject: Re: Willard Romney Has a Problem.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:25 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Excellent post, KF...and good to see you! Hope Mrs. KF is still doing well.

When I read the news about Romney's wanting to know why windows on airplanes wouldn't roll down, I was appalled and thought just as you did....that while it's almost unbelievable, there really is another Republican as dumb as both Palin and Bush...his name is Mitt Romney...and that's saying something, isn't it?

Here's another bit of information about Romney's stupidity to mull over:

MITT ROMNEY'S TERRIBLE HORRIBLE PLAN FOR POOR PEOPLE

Mitt Romney's appearance on 60 Minutes Sunday night was generally awful. Between making the asinine claim that emergency rooms provide adequate health care for the uninsured to his assertion that he could drop tax rates by 20 percent without causing harm to anyone, he just proves over and over that he's not up to the task of campaigning, much less governing.

But this little segment is as cynical and as absurd as his claim about emergency rooms. When asked specifically how he would "shrink government," his answer is that he will turn certain programs over to the states where the costs will not grow beyond the inflation rate. Here's the snippet, beginning at about one minute in:

Pelley: You would move some government programs to the states. What would they be?

Romney: Well, for instance, Medicaid is a program that’s designed to help the poor. Likewise we have housing vouchers and food stamps and these help the poor. I’d take the dollars for those programs, send them back to the states and say “You craft your programs at the state level and the way you think best to deal with those that need that kind of help in your state.”

Quote:
INTERPRETATION: He would block grant Medicaid, and housing assistance dollars to the states who could then use those dollars to lower STATE taxes while providing nothing for poor people if they chose not to. The states who actually used those federal dollars to assist the poor would be limited to the inflation rate in terms of increases even if the national economy blew out again, and also would not take into account states with disasters that impact their own economic picture.

Another way of saying what he said is that too many people are dependent on the government and consider themselves victims, so he wants to craft policy to confirm that they are, in fact, victims. Never mind what the actual situation on the ground is for people. As long as the problem is a state problem, it's not Mitt's problem. And states are under no obligation to provide uniform benefits because there would be no federal requirement that they meet certain minimum standards.

Víva la John Galt!

A couple of other thoughts occurred to me as I watched this piece over again. First, Mitt Romney is the king of taking small businesses which typically have higher costs because they're small, stripping their assets and then merging them with other businesses until they're big! So it's just a tiny bit incongruous to hear him talking about "the inefficiency that’s always part of a large institution like our government."

The king of large institutions is bashing large institutions?

MORE AT THE LINK

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:33 am 

I didn't watch Willard Romney 60 Minutes verbal comments. I'm sure it was a waste of air time. I think it would be more fun walking in fresh cow chips than hearing what Willard Romney would utter from his vocal cords. Someone needs to pull him aside and say, "just smile with that fake smirk, show your teeth to all, and keep wearing those same color/stripe shirts you claim to have bought from COSTCO"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:19 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:lol: Like the Costco advice!

Mitt Romney and the American Aristocrats, the "Radical Rich"....read all about them:

Hedge Fund Hype, Wall Street Horoscopes, And Drop-Top Jets: The Magical Minds of the "Radical Rich"

Strange stories from the newswires: Thousands of Wall Street traders subscribe to "financial astrology" newsletters. A series of wealthy Americans erupt into rage-filled public outbursts. Mitt Romney wonders why you can't open a jet's windows in mid-flight.

This isn't an episode of the X-Files. These seemingly unrelated stories are part of a larger pattern. What appears to be a sudden epidemic of magical thinking actually reflects something else: the rise of a financial sector whose economic incentives have tilted away from core business competencies -- and toward something like that looks a little more like madness.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 11:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Romney to teacher "I didn't ask you a question"

Quote:
When i was asked to speak with Mitt Romney it seemed like a very important thing to me, and I wanted to put a lot of careful thought into what I would say. So, I went to the round table discussion very optimistic and interested in hearing what he had to say.

When he sat down, one of the first questions he asked was, he said "I understand there is a teacher here today, which one of you is a teacher?"

So, I raised my hand, thinking that's a good thing, he's interested in education, but it wasn't a good thing. I felt like his view was a little old-fashioned and I was surprised by it. He went on to kind of lecture me about schools and how bad they are. He talked bad about the teacher's union. He was talking about the importance of private schools and voucher systems.

At one point, I said to him, "I have an answer for that." And he said, "I didn't ask you a question."

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:12 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

After watching the final Presidential debate tonight, I am stunned at how we saw one more of Mitt Romney's personalities. I swear he has more than Eve ever did! He just stopped short of endorsing Obama for President! And he was sweating bullets!

But, given all of that, one AMONG MANY stupid things he said was something that really stood out for me, and that was his comment about how he'd REPEAL OBAMACARE AND REDUCE THE DEFICIT.

In fact, repealing Obamacare would increase the deficit by $109 billion over the next 10 years, according to the Congressional Budget Office, since Obamacare saves money for the government.

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:18 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:23 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

image from http://www.allhatnocattle.com

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:02 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

This man seems to project a pretty scary level of insanity, or could he be just plain evil? :? :shock: :?:

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:02 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

PLEASE LISTEN TO THESE LEADING REPUBS SAY WHY MITT ROMNEY IS WRONG FOR AMERICA:

LEADING REPUBLICANS TELL US WHY ROMNEY IS THE WRONG CHOICE FOR AMERICA

YES, YES, I KNOW...they've all been supporting him since he was nominated, but if you listen to them, they're saying what we all KNOW is wrong with Romney...and they were saying it long before the Conventions!

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:57 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:shock: One of the Mitt Romneys we've seen in action since he claimed the GOP Presidential nomination has a hard time when someone questions him in a way he discerns as "disagreeing," which bothers me a great deal. His temper flares and he's very rude, as seen in several posts in this thread. But check out the link below and think about what kind of man he really is...does he actually think of himself as a kind of Mormon messiah? He's damned scary and to think that he might be the next president is even scarier!

Romney Unhinged: Off-Air Radio Interview Shows Mitt’s Mormonism Meltdown

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman