It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:28 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Very Pissed Combat Veterans & Blueprints for Change
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:42 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Nearly 9,000 U.S. troops dead?
A NATIONWIDE CALL FOR INFO FROM SURVIVORS.

Has the Bush administration drastically understated the U.S. military death count by redefining "death"? The following article suggests that it has, and it calls for a nationwide campaign to honor deceased service members by naming and counting them.

http://baltimore.indymedia.org/newswire/display/10554

PLEASE USE THE LINK AND FORWARD THE WEB PAGE TO ANYONE YOU KNOW WHO MAY KNOW SERVICE MEMBERS WHO'VE DIED.

THANK YOU!

Link: http://johnmccarthy90066.tripod.com/

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:17 am 

to get a better picture of the cover-up, all you have to do is search the web for more info. Results ? Nada. Dead links, etc. And to be truthful, I wouldn't go near Landstuhl or Rammstein without haven written my last will and testament first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:26 pm 

I for one believe that that is the reason for barring news crews and reporters from Dover AFB, and the midnight special that brings the bodies home under cover of darkness. And, hey, JayHawk, that's Lakota...the only prayer you'll ever need to know...you a speaker? Pipe carrier? Dance? If yes, where, and don't tell me Rosebud, or I'll think you're one of Archie's kids.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:46 am 

not a speaker or dancer or pipe carrier....just another poor fool with one drop cherokee. I support the indigenous movement. Many say it's not my battle cause I'm white. I say they are wrong. That one drop makes a world of a difference. 500+ years of genocide....continues even today. Et Vous mon Ami ? Dancer ? I took my son to a pow-wow last time I was in the US. That was really cool. I wished I could have joined in on the drum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:51 am 

Gadz, I should add that while there on holiday, I met with and spoke with a Lakota. He told me of the Red Road and then gave my son a feather.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I live near where the Trail of Tears began for the Cherokee.

My husband's great aunt was a teacher on the Rosebud Reservation back in the late 30s.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:27 am 

My grandpa's family was from Arkansas, and Georgia before that. They were Cherokee. I don't think they ever lived on the Rez and we can't find a registry. There's a story to go along with that. Seems a lawyer cheated my ancestor out of her money when he was supposed to register her.

See http://www.powersource.com/cherokee/history.html for more in info on the trail of tears and indian removal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:01 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Catherine,

Thank you for posting the site information. As noted, the first article on the Home Page is on the number of Killed In Action (KIA) in Iraq.

I started the email thread below and await a reply from Steve Mraz. I will also keep an eye on the European Stars and Stripes online edition for any updates on this subject.

Let's see what happens!

Bests,
John

From: vpocv@comcast.net [Add to Address Book] [View Source]
To: "Steve Mraz" <mrazs@mail.estripes.osd.mil>
Subject: Re: Info
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 15:26:31 +0000

Steve,

The source of the count, dreadful that it may be, is:
http://baltimore.indymedia.org/newswire/display/10554 Although specific proof is not yet available to me, I rely on past performance and patterns of abuse with respect to assertions and conclusions in military matters. If Baltimore can reinforce its position re casualty figures by input from the families of killed and wounded Americans, so much the better. After all, this is a media effort. Let the chips fall where they may. In the meantime, this information on debate of the figures of KIA should be made available to those who have taken the oath to protect and defend those Rights which you are certainly in the midst of enjoying.

My reaction to the DOD response is that we must provide the pro and con of this dilemma to those most seriously effected; those who may be thinking of enlisting in the Armed Forces, those who may soon be subject to the possibility of the resumption of the Draft and those who may be contemplating extending their service commitment.

The material in the site; http://johnmccarthy90066.tripod.com
is provided, in part, for those eligible for service, and their parents. This is my raison d'etre. The correction of the historical aspects of our current military adventures is preeminent.

The debate on whether the information in the media document provided is "absolutely incorrect" is welcome. Free speech and all that. First Amendment Rights are what we all hope for and what some of us have fought and died for. Challenging any DOD response is part of that media Right, yes?

However, any spokesman for DOD's veracity on any subject of contention is now and forever will be questioned. This is not a White House Press briefing situation nor a DOD briefing. It is a debate. Simply saying it is incorrect doesn't make it so. But your spokesman is not available for this 'debate', eh?

Nothing personal here, but their bosses lie to them, too. Or their bosses are ignorant on the matter. Just look at the State Department documents on the site and then take up the discussion of truth and veracity re subjects as serious as treason in wartime and conspiracy to obstruct justice in a capital murder case to cover up the treason. DOD spokesmen are batting .000 on that matter. So is the FBI, State Department and CIA. Go figure!

I certainly expect that the use of any quote from me on this matter would include the URL for my web site so that the readers of Stars and Stripes may make up their own minds, as directed by DOD regulations re censorship. Freedom of the Press is one of my highest priorities.

BTW, I just read an online news report that Landstuhl Army Hospital has announced their 25,000 wound treated from the Iraq/Afghanistan conflict. That is amazing for a 150 bed hospital!

I look forward to reading your article online in the Stars and Stripes.

Bests,
John

-------------- Original message --------------

John,

I'm trying to turn a story for the weekend. Basically, the Defense spokesman I talked to this afternoon said the 9,000 number is incorrect and "To imply that we are somehow not accurately counting our service is just dreadful and absolutely incorrect."

I wanted to get your reaction to what he said and give you a chance to defend your position. Also if you have any specific proof of the 9,000 claim or more details about the story on the site, please let me know.

You can a-mail me your quotes for my story if you would like to be included in it.

Thanks,

Steve Mraz
Reporter/Photographer
Stars and Stripes
Kaiserslautern, Germany Bureau
DSN: 489-6585
Office: 0631-3709217
Cell: 0172-699-0121
----- Original Message -----
To: Steve Mraz
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2005 3:54 PM
Subject: Re: Info

Hello Steve,

Ironically, I am running around Europe at this time and plan on being back in Los Angeles in mid August. I will email you then and we can set up a contact time.

I appeciate your effort.

In the meantime, if you have any specific questions on the material in the site, don't hesitate to ask. I am checking my email regularly.

Bests,
John

-------------- Original message --------------

John,

Steve from Stars and Stripes here. Just talked to a Defense Department spokesman about the numbers. I'd like to get your take on it for an upcoming story. Can you send me a phone number I can reach you at?

Steve Mraz
Reporter/Photographer
Stars and Stripes
Kaiserslautern, Germany Bureau
DSN: 489-6585
Office: 0631-3709217
Cell: 0172-699-0121
----- Original Message -----
To: mrazs@mail.estripes.osd.mil
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 10:39 PM
Subject: Info

Hey Steve,

Your bosses wont let you print this info for the troops but at least you can look at it and wonder how things are really going down.

http://johnmccarthy90066.tripod.com

Bests,
John

You may choose to ignore the facts, but you cannot change the facts --Author Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:43 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

As the thread is about John's site I would like to add some more information:

The site is nearing 400 pages which means 400 posted reports in the issues as shown in the copy of the main navigation:

Home | John McCarthy | CIA | Treason in Wartime | 1941 - 2001 | 9/11 -- Qui Bono? | Lies vs. Facts | The War on Terror -- Terrorism of War | Crimes -- Committed "In All Our Names" | Enviroment | FOIA & Whistleblowers vs. Cover-Ups | Recruiting Lies vs. Military Reality | From Democracy to Dictatorship | Future Agenda | Media Coverage | Perceptions | World Tribunal on Iraq | Take Action! -- Take Back America!

The link "Recruiting Lies vs. Military Reality" leads to posts regarding recruiting practicies, the draft, facts about combat, health issues and redress as well as related links to other sites.

All of Stripey's links to du-sites are listed in a post of the section "Crimes -- Commited "In All Our Names" besides a lot more information about Depleted Uranium with shocking images.

These are only two examples of whats posted on the site, so please take a closer look and if you think something vital is missing, send a PM with the link to John or me and we will try to post it.

http://johnmccarthy90066.tripod.com

Direct links to latest site-updates are listed on a seperate page with a link to it at the bottom of each page as well as in the left column of the home page.

The London bombings aren't covered yet but will be in the next few days.

Traude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 11:10 am 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

http://johnmccarthy90066.tripod.com/id362.html

Warning:

The above link includes multiple pictures, most of which have obviously been taken by Americans because of the proximaty of the camera to the subject. I do not believe the photographers would put this material on the net. And yet, somehow, this information supposedly made it into the hands of the resistance. Some pictures have been posted on other sites. Some are unique in this presentation. Some are of a graphic nature.

Question arises, how did this material get into the hands of the folks that supposedly made the slide presentation?

The possibilities include: This is a 'black' psychological effort, to enflame Americans, placing the blame for this production on the 'resistance'.

Or, the 'resistance' is so sophisticated they can acquire, edit and produce such a presentation, with music, in the midst of a shooting war and distribute the finished product to those who have spread it around the globe. If this is the case, as it appears to be, especially if you are prone not to consider the black psy ops potential, then we really are in deep trouble and don't recognize that yet!

In either event, it shows what the US media is NOT showing the families and friends of the boyz and girlz they are sending off to war.

Some would call it propaganda. I'd say it was probably a fat slap in the face of the idiot who said, "Bring it on!" Boy, did they ever.

I truly believe those eligible for military service deserve to know what they are getting into BEFORE signing the bottom line, BEFORE that fatefull day. Only a combat veteran can be this emphatic.

Tell the kids! They will know what to do. They will pass it on to fellow students and others. You may wish to assist.

Thank God for the Internet.

Bests,
John

You may choose to ignore the facts, but you cannot change the facts --Author Unknown

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:28 pm 

thank God for John and like men and women. Real Patriots.

Post subject: The grim face of war.
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 12:33 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

After viewing this film, I tend to think that it is the work of Iraqi insurgents. Like you said, it could be a red herring, black psy ops, intended to infuriate, and well done too. There are grammatical errors in some phrases like "So save and happy" instead of safe, "Holyood" instead of Hollywood. This could be planned, but I think it is an actual mistake- like a chinese instruction sheet translation into english.

The closeup shots inside helicopters may have been war loot from captured or dead american cameras; there are american soldiers pointing at people taking pictures on the ground, pictures of resistance fighters with weapons, people hitting burned tanks with their shoes, poking burned bodies and dead american soldiers with sticks, hate in the eyes of the people as the american soldiers walk by. All these could have been staged, but I doubt it. Very graphic depictions of the horrors of war and its effects. Returning soldiers will have nightmares for years. The psychological damage is deep rooted and as Vietnam showed very hard to live with.

The music is haunting and has a certain morbid death ritual feel to it. It would be interesting to get it translated as to what the english version is.

I think it is a message to those americans especially the young ones that this is not a grandiose video game but a real life and death struggle by a people that refuse to be treated like dirt. Let this be a grim warning to those enlisting. This is what you get if you come here.

Thanks John M. and yes, you area true hero of peace and so our country won't salute you, but time and memory will be on your side. May you rest the horror of this atrocity from your mind. You have given more than your country deserves.

Not until Bush, his followers and all the war mongers sitting safely at home and their children are sent out to the front lines first, will there be a threat of peace in the world. Force the children of our leaders to defend america.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 5:20 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

Searching the web today I found a video by the Iraqi Resistance: "Telling Lies and False Statements" about mass graves, apparently with bodies of American soldiers.

I posted it on John's website together with an article "Where Have All The Young Men Gone?"

Maybe it gives in part an answer to the nearly 9.000 troops dead?

Here's the link to the page but let me warn you, it's very graphic:

http://johnmccarthy90066.tripod.com/id403.html

Traude

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 6:51 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

whoa...heavy stuff there, but how much actual proof is there that those are, in fact, american troops?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:41 pm 
Speaking My Mind
Speaking My Mind

The reason I posted it was to make it public.

Public knowledge is the precondition for an independent investigation as it was with the pictures of Abu Ghraib.

As the video is of March 2004 I take it that in the meantime the remains have been handed over to the Red Cross for identification and proper burial but with 'dog tags' missing a correct identification can only be done by DNA.

The more important is that families of service members start asking questions in case they haven't heard anything from Iraq for some time.

Who should be afraid of the truth? After all, we have been lied to before and that is the emphasis for this project.

Traude