It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 9:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:15 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

to me... the greatest sin anyone can do is to support the use of Depleted Uranium Munitions... the deaths of billions are on their paws... yes... billions...
:(

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 3:36 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

You've got it, Stripey...in both responses! :D

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 4:22 pm 
Deal With It!

TheStripey1 wrote:
to me... the greatest sin anyone can do is to support the use of Depleted Uranium Munitions... the deaths of billions are on their paws... yes... billions...
:(

The magnitude of the damage done by using that shit may not become apparent for generations. What it's doing now is bad enough. What we'll see in the future is scary.

That's what I'd personally like to see hell created for. The banal weasel military functionaries who dreamed up using uranium enrichment waste products to get more bang for the Military Industrial Complex's buck all deserve a strong dose of radiation sickness in perpetuity.

Last edited by Seamus on Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:24 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Notice that I said... SUPPORT the use of DUMb... not just use it... so ALL those armchair lip service patriots that support it's use are just as culpable for it as those that dreamt it up or use it... perhaps even MORE so...

If they are "Christian", then I hope they like it hot... real hot... and if they believe in reincarnation, then I hope they like coming back as ants, flies and roaches forever...

:evil:

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 10:49 pm 
Deal With It!

TheStripey1 wrote:
Notice that I said... SUPPORT the use of DUMb... not just use it... so ALL those armchair lip service patriots that support it's use are just as culpable for it as those that dreamt it up or use it... perhaps even MORE so...

We could start with folks like Paul "Hiroshima and Nagasaki were a good thing" Harvey...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 3:08 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

He said that? Oy vey...

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:16 pm 
Deal With It!

TheStripey1 wrote:
He said that? Oy vey...

He's a piece work, and that's the rest of the story.

http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=2569

http://blog.zmag.org/index.php/weblog/entry/pig_harvey/

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2005/7/2/1781/50663

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:57 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Toshiro Tzu wrote:
Dear Diary,

Isn't it amazing how the middle aged school girl likes to bitch at all of these forums about me whenever I point out a flaw in his argument? I think he just likes to bitch. It's quite humorous to see our middle aged school girl now claim two people are using my pseudonym, I guess it would hurt his ego too much to know a 20 year old is more intelligent than he'll ever be.

Looks an awful lot like the pot calling the kettle black... but... you're no different than any other smartassed 20 year old who thinks they are smarter than their elders... it's an old schtick... so what do you base this over blown evaluation of your intelligence on? Are you in an accelerated degree program at your local university? When will you be graduating? What's your major?

OR.... perhaps you're just equating juvenile arrogance with intelligence... sorry charlie, but that fish don't fly...

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 12:58 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Seamus wrote:

And to think.... I used to like that schmuck... oh well...

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 10:55 pm 

Some of the most atrocious crimes in all of histiry have been commited in the "name" of christianity.(Why would the Cathlic Church feel it needed to applogize to Jews for example for the Holcost if it didn't feel some responciabilty.) It is no wonder it has come under so much fire. The problem is those people did not live a "Christ Like" life as the name imply's.

As far as moral compass, if you beleive in a Creator..as I do, and have studied the Bible, 1st) the moral compass is built into us from our birth, I won't go into "sin" other to say it has more to do with humans lack of self-conrtol, than what society and Christondom refers to as "sin". ( 2nd The Bible is meant as a guideline, that helps us along and encourages us to make right decisions...but we are capable of making those decisons without the Bible. Same as if i buy a DVD player, i can hook it up and get it working without reading the instructions, but may not know all its features.

The Bible has been used by Tyrants and false Christains as a tool to intimated and oppress people even in Jesus time. Jesus rebuked and named the religious leaders as being liars and hipocripts and was one of the biggest reasons he was put to death! Jesus was a Jew, and believed the Jewsish Bible, and understood its true meaning for people. He spoke against the Jewish religious leaders and they hated him for it. Jesus loved the poeple...the common people, the "sinners" he offered them relief and comfort in an oppresive society...and I don't mean the Roman Goverment...it was the Jewish religios leaders that oppressed the common people.

So can you be moral as an Atheist...absolutely...but can you be immoral as a Christioan or Atheist?! Of Course!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:24 pm 

I find it interesting that in this region of the world many catholics ( of latin american descent) have idols of mary and/or jesus that resemble a latin person. Many do not even know that "they were jewish". I especially like the ones of Mary draped in the mexican flag. Those buds of mine are always good for a laugh. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:38 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

ok...ready christians?

Which image looks more like Jesus?

hollywood jesus:

shroud of turin jesus:

science's recreation:

source:
http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcfa.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:53 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I would say the 3rd one, as Jesus was not a fair or good looking man, according to the Bible.

Is it a sin or considered swearing to say .. Oh my God & so on?

--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:42 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Sir-Irate wrote:
I would say the 3rd one, as Jesus was not a fair or good looking man, according to the Bible.

Is it a sin or considered swearing to say .. Oh my God & so on?

--

damn...all those bible thumpers down south would be choking on their rosaries if god looked like them there mooslims we's fightin'.

maybe god really isn't smiling on america..maybe it's really the devil building his empire...hoo boy, are those christians in for a surprise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:59 pm 

Who started the "hollywood jesus" trend? What I mean is, who produced the first image of jesus looking the way he is portrayed by the masses in the 21st century?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next