It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Birth Control Under Attack in Congress
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 11:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Birth Control under Attack in Congress

Tell your Member of Congress that you expect him or her to stand up for you – not right-wing pharmacies that oppose birth control.

On July 25, a U.S. House of Representatives committee held a hearing on whether pharmacies should be allowed to refuse to fill women’s prescriptions. Anti-choice Rep. Steve King (R-IA) told a witness, who had been denied birth control and emergency contraception by her pharmacist, that she had no “right” to her prescriptions - she only believed she did. Anti-choice Rep. Marilyn Musgrave (R-CO) told a witness whose prescription had also been rejected by a hostile pharmacist, that her “minor inconvenience” – that is, risking an unintended pregnancy – was nothing compared to the “conscience” of a pharmacist.

Link: http://prochoiceaction.org/campaign/hou ... xe2l5e6b6j?

Catherine

What idiots! Any of those politicians willing to adopt any of the babies born to mothers and fathers who don't want them after they couldn't get birth control from Big Pharma? :angryfire:

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:42 am 

I am gonna probaly come under fire for what i am gonna say next...but...i totally agree with birth conrtol, to the point of conception, at that point, if you didn't want kid's chose not to have SEX! My Father said to me when i was a youing man, "the best reason for not having sex before your are married, is because that unconceived child whatever precautions you take to avoid pregnacy, is always a posiblity. That unborn child deserves 2 responsible parents caple of raising children!" I will ad, that unborn child does not deserver it's life to be cut short by abortion, because it's parents were irresponsible! Our base desires should be held in rein the same as the Bush adminstartion should be reigned in!....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:29 am 

All well and good in an ideal world. But far too often the woman, or even more often girl, had no desire to have sex to begin with. Men are stronger than women and men are devious when they want to be.

Many girls want to be loved and believe a man when he assures her he loves her. After he gets what he really wants, he doesn't know her anymore. Just another mark on the bedpost. Yes, it happens now just as it has happened forever.

AND, girls are not as strong as their fathers, uncles, brothers, family friends whoever decides she is fair game. Lots of that around here--fathers using their daughters from an early age for their own pleasure. It is sickening. Some girls end up in mental hospitals while their sinning attackers go around free and clear.

People don't want to believe things like this happen, but they happen often and repeatedly.

The arguement that a fertilized egg should not be 'punished' for the sins of it's 'parents' is a load of crap. Fertilized eggs do not have any comprehension and until they are developed enough to, there are NO 'rights' to be discussed.

The idea that fertilized eggs are 'people' comes from religion that wishes to control women and girls, and is fed to people with vivid imaginations who lap it up and go off on wild campaigns they call 'moral'. Controlling people, subduing people is not a moral endeavor.

This is not meant as an attack on you, it is because I have seen so much suffering because there are people who want to control, control, control everyone--even when they can't control themselves.

Sexual education is a must--it is cruel to withhold it from people and expect that because 'we don't talk about it' they won't think of it. Never happens that way. And birth control is being threatened more and more by those very same people determined to run other people's lives.

If God gave us 'free will' why won't the people who say they speak for Him give us freedom to live our own lives?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:49 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

It is all about "Sex" nowadays, not about love. I know I may come under fire for being / seeming old fashioned, or that this post is coming from a man or whatever. Still, I think that is the way it is and lets face it, the young are like street dogs in heat. Sex on the tube, sex on the radio, sex in magazines and etc. Face it, sex sells and it's big business. There is the reason or should I say "nesscessity?" - for the pill

SI

--