It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:36 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:34 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

mga wrote:
shoeless, it's pointless to show facts to shane...he's still back there reading about singer's explanation about global warming. but...i sure hope he read the link that showed singer was in the oil companies pockets.

another point he brought up about global warming: is it because of a man-made enviroment, or, is the earth going thru some natural cycle of events? i'm leaning towards this being caused by man and fossil fuel burning, but he hasn't shown me any scientific proof that it's a natural event either.

maybe he's out gathering more "evidence" or consulting with others on how to debate this issue....after all, us heathens get vicious at times...when we aren't having our orgies and blood sacrifices.

Hey mga... when's the next orgy? cuz I missed out on the last one...

:twisted:

:shock: Blood sacrifice? :shock:

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:42 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Hey mga... when's the next orgy? cuz I missed out on the last one...

dont feel bad...so did i.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:16 pm 
Deal With It!

Damn...

I always miss the orgy.

Maybe next time... :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:04 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Seamus wrote:
Damn...

I always miss the orgy.

Maybe next time... :lol:

Maybe all of these orgies are causing global warming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:15 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

ooooo now there's a reason I could subscribe to... :twisted:

but... my orgyin' days are through as I'm a happily married tiger now...

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 2:56 pm 
Deal With It!

shoeless wrote:
Maybe all of these orgies are causing global warming.

That's it!

All of that heavy breathing is producing Carbon Dioxide!

The religious right now has its reason to outlaw sex!!! Just think, they can market their sexual repression as ecologically sound!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:25 am 

Ah, they are repressed, but they are active.

Now how are they going to handle that?

Oh yeah, the same as they do now--be perverts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 3:15 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I heard there was a F2 tornado in England yesterday... did quite a bit of damage too...

could it have been caused by global warming? cuz I've heard it said that global warming will cause unusual severe weather.

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 5:15 pm 

TheStripey1 wrote:
I heard there was a F2 tornado in England yesterday... did quite a bit of damage too...

could it have been caused by global warming? cuz I've heard it said that global warming will cause unusual severe weather.

There have been a few in England the past few weeks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nort ... 652731.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cove ... 619225.stm

According to www.toro.org.uk "On average, 33 tornadoes are reported each year in the United Kingdom. This average is based on a 30 year period, though in reality the actual yearly figures may vary dramatically from year to year." source : http://www.torro.org.uk/TORRO/severewea ... dofaqs.php ( FAQ #6 )

Gloabal warming is occurring but tornadoes are nothing new to the UK. The frequency of tornadoes and the amount of damage they cause has increased in other parts of Europe over the past decade or so however.
This may have something to do with awareness and an increase in spotter participation - thanks to Hollywood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:21 pm 

From the evidence that I've seen and heard, including this season's long Atlantic hurricane season, and reports of melting of permafrost in polar regions, I think there is no doubt that global warming is now happening.

The only question in my mind is, "Are we humans the cause of the warming?" I would like to err on the side of caution in approaching that question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 9:40 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

KC2LVD wrote:
From the evidence that I've seen and heard, including this season's long Atlantic hurricane season, and reports of melting of permafrost in polar regions, I think there is no doubt that global warming is now happening.

The only question in my mind is, "Are we humans the cause of the warming?" I would like to err on the side of caution in approaching that question.

who or what else is to blame? they (scientists) know the greenhouse effect is causing it, and they are almost certain that this is from the burning of fossil fuels.

also, keep an eye on the hole in the atmosphere in the antarctic....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:11 pm 
Hear Me Roar!

The argument for and against Global Warming are actually quite accurate. We don't know if Global Warming is happening, or why. The arguments for and against are both based on *sound science*, and the bottom line is we don't know.

This doesn't change the fact the to all appearences, human pollution of the ecosphere is causing serious issues. Depleted stocks of fish in the ocean, actual *dead zones*, the strange behavior of weather sytems, the lack of fresh water, clean air. One can go on ad nauseum with facts that human technology needs to take into account a finite ecosystem that must be cooperated with if long term survival is to become feasible.

The Corportate Merchantilists know that distraction is defeat. While the wingnuts and the greens fight over the defination of a phrase, the Elitists continue to pollute, and to encourage governments to allow higher levels of toxins into the environment.

Mother Earth doesn't speak in words, she speaks in actions, and when she decides she has had enough of human pollution she will not allow the arguments over what is or is not *Global Warming* to be part of her strategy, nor will she temper her actions with mercy for our perchance to argue phrases instead of issues. She will, quite simply, line us up next to the dinosaurs.

Call it what you will, or argue the words all you want. The fact is the humans have stretched the ecosystem to the max, and if WE as humans do not stop, we will tip the balance. The issues at stake here are so fundemental and the evidence so obvious, that words aside, each of us, each and every human MUST (unless you are completely brain dead) see it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 10:13 pm 

There does seem to be a correlation between the time of the rise of industrial activity in this country (about 1910), and the beginning of global warmimg. I really don't know my history well enough to be able to judge what was going on in the rest of the world in the early part of the 20th Century.

In the late 70's, I notice that global warming dipped, but, on a five-year average, anyway, has risen steadily, and alarmingly, ever since.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:24 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Like I have said for years... It does NOT matter who or what is the cause of the phenomenom known as glowball warming... the question is WHAT are we going to DO about it?

You can argue til the cows come home about who is to blame, if anyone, but the fact of the matter is that unless something is done, and soon, to mitigate the effects of glowball warming, that we as a species, do NOT have long to live on this planet... and considering how well our space exploration is progressing, we don't have a viable alternative to this one.

OBTW, welcome to the board, KC... 8)

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:24 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Like stripey said. It doesn't matter who or what , it's happening, An d there is a direct correlation between global warming and our activities as we scurry around the globe being negligent careless little Capitalist swine. Read this article from Maria Gilardin, who produces TUC Radio, a weekly half-hour radio program that is distributed for free to all radio stations via Pacifica Radio's KU Band, and as an mp3 file on TUC Radio's web site: www.tucradio.org. She may be reached at: tuc@tucradio.org

http://www.dissidentvoice.org/Sept05/Gilardin0921.htm

Apocalypse Now
How Mankind Is Sleepwalking to the End of the Earth

by Maria Gilardin
www.dissidentvoice.org
September 21, 2005

It's safe to say, after reading this, our denial as to culpability is pretty much, just that . Denial intended to shift blame on something natural. Typical human response when confronted with factual evidence. It is intended. It is on purpose.

There is no denying that the Whitehouse knows that global warming is real, and to deny it is part of an agenda that will surely lead us to our own destruction. America and for thar matter, the white geosphere is bent on ownership of resources and wealth and when it becomes evident that they are going to lose, these megaloenviromaniacs are willing to take us down with them. They have the technology and the bombs to do it, so it is only a question of when?

Wake up sleeping dreamers. Your end time is near. Time to shake free of your myth based fantasy reality. Hope and Capitalism won't save your compliant asses.

This is what Maria Gilardin has to say about it

Quote:
Regardless of who is driving this: industry, the military, religious fundamentalists, or any permutation of government, be it red or blue, responsibility for the approaching climate collapse will fall overwhelmingly on the United States. Since the US government and corporations not only refuse to cut back but are driving eco-collapse forward, it is up to ordinary people to refuse collaboration and to control the perpetrators. For us living in the US, the opportunity and time to make a difference that will affect the entire planet is now.

C'mon you lemmings, and turn it around. Get real and get active for change. Action speaks louder than excuses.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next