It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:18 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:46 pm 
Deal With It!

JayHawk wrote:
This is Holly

Holly the Hedgehog?

I'm not showing that to my daughter... She'll immediately want the family to adopt one!

We have a neighbor who has a Chinchilla... She wants one of those too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 12:32 am 

[URL=http://img330.imageshack.us/my.php?image=599842269496mz.jpg]

This is my "fat" cat Juliet. She will eat anything as long as it is not nailed down:
Image[/URL]

This is Scarlett, who just loves to torture her sister:

Eva

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 3:51 am 

I don't have pictures but have a black, a white and a tiger indoor cats.

One of the outdoor cats is tortoise shell--she is a beauty. She is also the one who spends her time pretending she is a squirrel, dancing her war through the tree limbs up to the highest levels.

Eva, your cats are beautiful. J, I couldn't make out the pictures--maybe when I get a different computer.

Of such are dreams made.

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:38 am 

Another good address for simple and quick image hosting without the need to register is http://tinypic.com/ .

Dori, if you click on the thumnail pics they should open up a new window with the full sized picture.

I'm gonna looksee if I can find my bat pics now. Lovely bats ! RRRRRruuuaaahahahaha !!!! I vant to trink yer bluuudddd.........RRRRRruuuaaahahahaha .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:42 am 

oh yes, I have found them, the lovely bats......

let's see .......Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 10:46 am 

and number two....rrrruuuaaahahaha......you're blood....Vee Vant to Trink Yer Bluuuddd.......Image

Count Dracula : "Vlad, wad shall vee do vith zis mann......"

Vlad : "Kill him"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:54 pm 
Deal With It!

JayHawk wrote:
Count Dracula : "Vlad, wad shall vee do vith zis mann......"

Vlad : "Kill him"

Vlad Teppis, zat you? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:59 pm 

I like bats. They eat mosquitoes. I DON'T like mosquitoes!

J, the pictures still come up black on this conputer. It is a very old computer and the contrast isn't good--heck sometimes it isn't there at all.

Someday I will have a Mac again--if eBay ever lets me get one. Even the least expensive ones there are a bit much (to put it mildly).

Is that you swooping around J? J? You there J?

Libertarianism Makes You Stupid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 2:34 pm 
Deal With It!

dori wrote:

I like bats too. We had a bat house. It fell down and we've yet to put it back up.

I'm also fond of raptors. We have a couple of Red Tailed Hawks that live in the vicinity. It keeps the pigeon population in check. We have a neighbor who feeds the birds. Sadly they use the cheap stuff and we have an overabundance of pigeons. Every now and then we see a hawk take out a pigeon.

I like pigeons. I used to raise them when I was a kid. I just don't feel the need for 200 or so pigeons pooping on my house daily. Since we don't let our cats out the pigeons do seem to get out of hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:01 pm 

dori wrote:

J, the pictures still come up black on this conputer. It is a very old computer and the contrast isn't good--heck sometimes it isn't there at all.

Someday I will have a Mac again--if eBay ever lets me get one. Even the least expensive ones there are a bit much (to put it mildly).

Is that you swooping around J? J? You there J?

Da, it iz I .....J. (Hawk) Dracula.....Ze sun is coming up soon, pleez make haste. Vat kann I tu vor you Dori ? Ah, ze pictures are Schwarz ! But of course, zey ver taken at nite ! VRrruaaahhhahahaha !! :lol:

Maybe I kann zend zem to you ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:33 pm 
Deal With It!

JayHawk wrote:
Da, it iz I .....J. (Hawk) Dracula.....Ze sun is coming up soon, pleez make haste. Vat kann I tu vor you Dori ? Ah, ze pictures are Schwarz ! But of course, zey ver taken at nite ! VRrruaaahhhahahaha !! :lol:

You're not a Donauschwab, are you? I know a couple Romanian ones... :D

They love to talk like Vlad Teppis too... :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 5:32 pm 

Seamus wrote:
JayHawk wrote:

You're not a Donauschwab, are you? I know a couple Romanian ones... :D

They love to talk like Vlad Teppis too... :)

Nein ! Ich bin ein (wahl)Hessse ! Hessia, not Schwabenland. Vee all luv zis vay uv talkink. Vee Kann also speek Denglisch, and Drussisch. Loads of fun playing with the dialiects o'er hia. These people have a good humor....and don't let anyone tell ya anything different.

Val, vat shall vee do viz this man ? ...Kill him ! : Dracula the Film....vich one I don't know. Cult stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:37 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Dori
About Jay's pictures. The reason you're not getting the full picture is because you're looking for a cat. The picture is actually of a hedgehog. He has a pet hedgehog. That is why it is so odd. Oh that Jayhawk and all his strange children. It must be the blood. He drinks only from those who engage in toad licking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:25 am 

DO.g's wrote:
He has a pet hedgehog.

No, the Hedgehog has a pet family. He/she(?) is wild, only comes around after 23:00 and eats any dry cat food we have out for Gypsy or her friends, and he/she topples the small waistebasket most nights. One of Gypsy's "freinds" is "One-Eye", a Cat with one eye. We don't have a Hedgehog every year so this one is kinda special. It's all but lost its shyness and I've held it once. Poor thing wandered into the garage as the door was open. I closed the garage door shortly thereafter not knowing Holly (my wife chose the name) was in there. About an hour later while sitting out in the breezeway adjacent to the garage I heard scratching and almost inaudible wining...opened the garage door and there was Holly looking up at me. The poor hedgehogs decorate the streets here this time of year. I've stopped for more than one but most people don't. When autumn comes to the closing phase, young hedgehogs with too little weight are in danger of not surviving the winter. This is why why continue to feed Holly even if we know it's not quite the right thing to do. Wild animals were meant to be wild. Our cat Gypsy is somewhere between wild and domesticated. She comes and goes as she pleases although she has been staying fairly close to the house since she was hit by a car. That was last summer. We almost lost her and she hasn't been the same since.

The Bats were only with us for two weeks, mid June. That's the time of year when the expecting female Bats part from the flock to take shelter for the sole purpose of bearing and rearing their young. Most Bats only give birth to one single Baby Bat a year. That's why there's a problem keeping the population stable. To get those pictures, I stayed up until 4 a.m. and shot a total of 100 pictures, all with flash. It's easier to get photos of lightning than of Bats.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:44 am 

Ah !

Ze Bats are baak !

Difficult to count when they come out one by one but I would say we have somewhere between ten and twenty guests. All female of course. How do I know ? They're not waging war !! No, seriously, female bats set up temporary quarters each spring. A sort of "Kindergarten".

With any luck, I may have new photos this weekend. I'm not sure if I'm willing to disturb them......