It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Asthma in children
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:26 am 

I am related to children health problem professionally as a writer of a health magazine, In the Q & A section I have been asked a question “kid with asthma disease can play sports or not?”

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:11 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Good question, but sounds like one for Doctors though? Anyway, I remember seeing a show that aired in Canada. ("Market Place" maybe?) It was about kids asthma and the like. They found out there was a lot less problems and some kids didn't have any problems, after their mothers stoped using commercial cleaning products. Ever add them up and think about how many of those are used in the home? These products are "chemicals" and people seem to forget that. Oh and as far as your question goes, I really have no idea. Still, I think if I were the parents of a child with asthma, who wanted to play sports, I would at least consider getting the chemicals out of the home.

Best!

SI

--

Post subject: What is Asthma caused by?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 9:48 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

http://www.asthmacure.com/triggers/asth ... rfirst.htm

This site has an Introduction, Trigger Factor Quiz, talks about Dust Mite feces and their decaying bodies, Cold, Exercise, Food, Kitchen, Pollen, Mold, Pollution, Stress, Insect, Drugs, Occupation and Other Triggers.

It seems pollution is a major irritant for Asthmatics, but all these things could cause its inception.

Whether they can play or not is conditional to the severity of their problem and what they expose themselves to as the stimulus or trigger that sets off an astma attack. Both allergic and non allergic factors induce this attack. However allergic trigger contact induces a second attack of asthma that starts after 4 to 8 hours after the trigger contact. It is called late response. The second attack is more severe. Therefore, day time exposure to triggers leads to severe asthmatic attack during night time. One should take care when deciding to participate in games as to environmental conditions, at the time.

Adopt a modified methodology of living a trigger related life by which you can perform your work without interacting a trigger or an irritant. These modified methods of doing works involving a consideration about triggers are useful for everybody and essential for asthmatic patients. Therefore it is called Asthmatic Style of Working. This style can be applied as "life's code of conduct" for asthma patients.

A majority of patients usually come in contact with trigger factors during routine work of daily life. Asthmatic lifestyle is a modified method of performing work in such a way as to check trigger contact. You can learn various asthmatic styles through www.asthmacure.com. Mere identification and prevention from trigger factors causing induction of Asthma can save you from episodes of asthma and could keep you in a state of good health.

http://kidshealth.org/kid/health_proble ... ports.html

You probably know that asthma can cause breathing problems. So can kids with asthma play sports? You bet they can! Being active and playing sports is an especially good idea if you have asthma. Why? Because it can help your lungs get stronger, so they work better.

Some athletes with asthma have done more than develop stronger lungs. They've played professional football and basketball, and they've even won medals at the Olympic Games! Some sports are less likely to bother a person's asthma. Swimming and downhill skiing are less likely to trigger flare-ups, and so are sports like baseball, football, and gymnastics.

In some sports, you need to keep going for a long time. These activities may be harder for people with asthma. They include cycling, long-distance running, soccer, basketball, cross-country skiing, and ice hockey. But that doesn't mean you can't play these sports if you really like them. In fact, many athletes with asthma have found that with the right training and medicine, they can do any sport they choose.

But before playing sports, it's important that your asthma is under control. That means you aren't having lots of symptoms or flare-ups. To make this happen, it's very important that you take all asthma medicine just like your doctor tells you to, even when you are feeling OK.

Make sure your coach and teammates know about your asthma. That way, they will understand if you need to stop working out because of breathing trouble. It's also helpful if your coach knows which steps to take if you have a flare-up. Listen to your body and follow the instructions your doctor gave you for handling breathing problems. And if you keep your asthma in good control, you'll be in the game and not on the sidelines!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:39 pm 

My son started being treated for asthma a year ago after having an asthma attack. He has always been, and continues to be, a very active kid. (X-country skiis, runs, swims, plays soccer, basketball etc) I am amazed at the number of kids that have asthma that participate in sports. Many of my daughters friends suffer from asthma and yet still excell in x-country running and skiing.

Post subject: Asthma in children’s is a serious ailment
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:01 pm 

Hello kays,
Asthma is a problem that affects the airways in lungs. Asthma is a chronic disease. Nowadays asthma is quite common in children. Many children’s suffering from asthma has had their first attack before the age of 6. Children with eczema or food allergy are more likely than other children to develop asthma. Those children are more likely to develop asthma whose family members suffer from asthma. Children having asthma can play any game. Proper treatment also helps to control asthma attack. I have come across a site having URL http://www.drugdelivery.ca having great knowledge on asthma and its treatment. You may visit this site for more details.