It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:53 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Global Warming is obvious
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 4:25 pm 
Involved
Involved

The obvious is still being denied - global warming evidence is all around us, it can be seen at the poles the most. Yet authorities are still saying its is not real, or it is from natural causes, either way don't stop burning oil.

If it is from natural changes, the it is really stupid to be doing things that make it worse, like adding 150million metric tonnes of CO2 to the air every year.

If we reduced emissions, there are so many side benefits to doing that that if global warming turns out to be nothing, we would still be way ahead. Illnesses and Cancers from bad air, mostly the skyrocketing Asthma epidemic from bad air, make lowered emissions a big help to overall life quality and even prosperity - illness costs money!!

There is no excuse to continue these high emssions,not turning to alternatives. Only one group benefits from this destructive path we are on , and that group is running the whole show, due to its vast wealth and overall control of global economy. They are feeding us the lies and distractions and manipulations about emissions. This group is "the fossil fools" people who will have us burning oil until we choke.

one group of Elites who has control of global oil and most industries, cross invested with other industries to make them all be on board... These Elites "use America" to achive their global dominations....

We must fight back!! Do not "just go along" with things. Don't be "a good consumer", don't work at immoral jobs and don't let them tell you "accept this for now, your rewards will come later" ; don't let them coerse you with threats!!

TACTICS LIST - Watch out for people who use these tactics, if you see them, it means they are doing eh work of the ELites, knowingly or un-knowingly as many do because they are "just going along with it". These are the ways of Nazis, a model for BushCo today:

Manipulation
Deception
Fear
Division of peoples
Demonising
Distraction
Creating Instability
Disinformation
Provocation

THANKS for standing up and looking around!
Karlin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:49 am 

I think the Bush administration has adopted Ann Coulter's philosophy on how we should treat our planet: "God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'"

You know, it's no wonder that BushCo ignores the issue of global warming. It's advantageous for them if they do. The warmer things get, the easier it is to get to the oil.

Quote:
Published on Tuesday, November 9, 2004 by Reuters

Global Warming Exposes Arctic to Oil, Gas Drilling
by Tom Doggett

WASHINGTON - Rising global temperatures will melt areas of the Arctic this century, making them more accessible for oil and natural gas drilling, a report prepared by the United States and seven other nations said on Monday.

It predicts that over the next 100 years, global warming could increase Arctic annual average temperatures 5 to 9 degrees Fahrenheit over land and by up to 13 degrees over water. Warmer temperatures could raise global sea levels by as much as 3 feet.

Such a change would threaten coastal cities, change growing patterns for vegetation and destroy habitats for some wildlife, but an energy-starved world would have new areas for oil and gas exploration, according to the Arctic Climate Impact Assessment report.

The Arctic region, particularly offshore, has huge oil and gas reserves, mostly in Russia, Canada, Alaska, Greenland and Norway.

Warmer temperatures would make it easier to drill and ship oil from the Arctic, the report said. It did not attempt to quantify the costs of drilling and shipping Arctic oil and gas, or estimate how high energy prices would have to be to justify drilling in the region.

"Offshore oil exploration and production are likely to benefit from less extensive and thinner sea ice, although equipment will have to be designed to withstand increased wave forces and ice movement," the report said.

However, land access to energy reserves would likely be restricted due to a shorter season during which the ground is frozen hard enough to support heavy drilling equipment.

"The thawing of permafrost, on which buildings, pipelines, airfields and coastal installations supporting oil and gas development are located, is very likely to adversely affect these structures and increase the cost of maintaining them," the report said.

Energy companies would find it easier to transport oil and gas because the warmer temperatures would open sea routes.

"By the end of this century, the length of the navigation season...along the Northern Sea route is projected to increase to about 120 days from the current 20-30 days," the report said.

However, a longer shipping season will increase the risk of oil spills, the report warned.

The report was commissioned by the United States, Canada, Russia, Denmark, Iceland, Sweden, Norway and Finland. It concluded that global warming is heating the Arctic almost twice as quickly as the rest of the planet in a thaw that threatens millions of livelihoods.

Source: Common Dreams

Post subject: It is Jan 1 and...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 6:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I remember a few years back, I was trying to get a cab home from a new years party and I thought it was the coldest day in history. I have my windows open today. Something is very wrong here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 9:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Jesse and EP

Something is very wrong indeed. Today, I was outside, doing yardwork I normally don't do until late April. The temps were in the low 70s. This is very rare for January in my neck of the woods.

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 4:09 pm 

George Bush's war on nature - either you're with him or you're with
the environmentalists. I wonder, God told Bush to strike at al Qaeda
and Saddam - did he also tell him to turn the US into a rogue nation?

David Morris wrote:
The Bush Administration's outrageous behavior at the Buenos Aires climate talks makes it official: the U. S. has become the world's latest rogue nation. [Continued here...]