It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:40 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Birdflu....really a panic??
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 5:41 pm 

I find Bird flu reaching a hike in the field of deadly diseases…like it’s a panic…etc
I want to know is it really to bother about?
While searching/browsing the net I found http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3353-s-TAMIFLU.aspx dealing very well on this particular disease. It’s an online pharmacy and is claming to deliver the meds to the doorsteps.
If these sites are so active in placing the meds in the market, why these panics come into existence?
Plz answer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:04 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I think that the problem is, if a pandemic does start, is that no one knows what will be needed. You cannot forget that about 50% of the people who contracted this disease have died. That is a staggering amount. Look at the amount of people that died in flu outbreak of 1918. The percentage of people who died that contracted the disease was well below this 50% death rate that we as of now have for this new potential outbreak. (I do not know the exact % of death for 1918 flu, but I do believe that it was below 5%. If I am wrong, could someone please correct me.)

The drugs that are being put out now are an attempt at a preemptive strike at this possible outbreak. The problem is, is that since we do not know what viral form this flu will take, it is almost impossible to make a cure before the pandemic starts.

This is my personal opinion, and there are no facts involved that I have found because I have not researched it, but I think the drugs they are putting out now claiming to be able to prevent you from catching this form of flu are lies perpetuated by the drug company's for profit.

We will not know what viral form this will take. If you believe that what the drug companies are telling you, then feel free to buy the product. Whether it helps or not though, is yet to be seen.
The best way to find answers is to search for the truth. Never believe one side or the other until you have taken all potential possibilities and narrowed them down to as few possibilities as possible. Preferably narrow it down to only one possibility, but this is sometimes not possible.

Even the things you read on this site, only take them at face value and do your own research!!! I do believe though, that there are some very intelligent people on this site, and much of what they say is sound. This you will find through your own research though.

CrimsonEagle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:17 am 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

I read that the best defense to the bird flu is to stuff a live chicken up your ass and then go to the site Chris recommends, http://www.drugdelivery.ca/s3353-s-TAMIFLU.aspx - and buy a whole shitload of drugs to defend against the bird flu, swallow as many as you can and shit them into the birds waiting mouth. That way the chicken doesn't get the flu, and people like Chris can help prevent the bird flu from spreading.

C'mon Chris do your part and stuff a live chicken up your ass. Then send us a website with a picture of it.

Post subject: Facts on Tamiflu
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:36 pm 

Tamiflu remains to be the most effective defense against bird flu. I have been reading articles from many different sources. There is a lot of misunderstanding out there about drugs like Tamiflu. It is not a cure like a vaccine but it can prevent deaths by about half which is substantial and prevent it from spreading to other organs in the body. The H5N1 virus invades the cells and uses the cell's genetic material to propagate itself and breaks out of the host cell killing it in the process and moves on to find other cells to invade. Tamiflu is effective at breaking this cycle if it is the H5N1 strain. Even if we don't know which one is coming, we still have to be prepared with the best antiviral drug since we don't have a vaccine yet because if it is a less deadly strain, there won't be as much to worry about anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 1:46 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Yeah, but stuffing live chickens up your ass is more fun. Try it Jerry sez for that long lasting relief from the fear of stupidity invading your body.

Make sure you swallow enough Tamiflu to make them chickens like you, bird flu free.

Oh and stop spreading your shit info on this site, just to make money. Capitalist assholes like you are a dime a dozen. We can get all the info we need from a reliable source, from say, CNN, the most untrusted news source, next to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 6:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I hardly see a "pandemic" being created by a disease that has killed only 60+ people in crowded and unsanitary living conditions in nations where it has been labeled a "problem." Hell, we have more poor people dying from starvation and a lack of medical care because they can't afford it in America everyday than bird flu has killed wherever it has been detected so far! But do the politicians in America consider starvation and/or a lack of affordable medical care a pandemic? :lol: That'll be the day! Not under the Bush fascist regime!

I like DO.g's remedy for squelching this latest fear tactic coming from W and his handlers, and those here at TVNL who choose to believe a "warning" from one of the most pathological liars to ever walk the face of the earth, George W. Bush.

Maybe DO.g's, you ought to send your "solution" to the "flu pandemic" to the Bush White House via the CDC!

Catherine

"Behind every great fortune lies a great crime."
Honore de Balzac

"Democrats work to help people who need help.
That other party, they work for people who don't need help.
That's all there is to it."

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:46 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

Thanks for the lead Cath.

I've found the site but I'm not stopping there. I'm going right to the top, at The Official Govt. Site- PandemicFlu.gov - and suggest they use G.W. himself as the test tube baby here. Picture Bush with a live chicken up his ass, swallowing as much tamiflu as he can. Kind of a propos for a chickenshitwarhawk like himself. Too bad we couldn't have had this done before he ran off to the meeting of the Americas in Argentina. What a right wing flap he'd make. Truly a Kodak moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:44 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wouldn't do that to any good, self-respecting live chicken, D.Og's...have some respect for the bird population, if you please! :lol: How about a few snails and/or leeches up their asses instead? I can't say how that could contribute to the "conquest" of the so-called bird flu, but hell, when's the Bush bunch ever made sensible decisions about anything, anyway?

Add that goddamned former FEMA director Brown to the picture, mix in Karl Rove, Tom Delay, Scrotum Libby, Dick Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice, McClellan, etc. etc. and you've got a prize winning masterpiece. A true-blue image of the American leaders at their very best. 8)

I don't think Bush is going to receive a big welcome down Argentine way...but of course the msm will spin it so it'll look like he's being inundated by well-wishers!

Any bird flu been found in Argentina? If Bush caught bird flu down there, he might have to be quarantined for a long, long time! The idiot should be, anyway. He's a menace to the entire world and constitutes a much greater danger than any disease ever has, up to and including the Ebola virus! :wink:

Catherine

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:21 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

CrimsonEagle wrote:
I think that the problem is, if a pandemic does start, is that no one knows what will be needed. You cannot forget that about 50% of the people who contracted this disease have died. That is a staggering amount.

...snip

CrimsonEagle

Right... so far.... 69 have died... since 2003... and all of them IN asia... where those affected probably lived with the infected birds...

IMO, if you're in the poultry business, you should worry about this... if not... go about your business, take care of your health and wash your hands (or paws as the case may be :D ) frequently....

Nice though, that the company that Donald Rumsfeld used to run was awarded a $1,000,000,000 contract for stockpiling the vaccine... and altho, Rummy stepped down from the CEO position to become the secretary of war, he still owns a lot of stock in the company...

I cannot teach anybody anything,
I can only make them think.

~~ Socrates

Post subject: you may consider this to be a "bump" if you like..
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 3:57 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

so what's the latest info on the bird flu pandemic? cuz the story seems to have fallen from the radar...
:roll:

~~ Socrates

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:28 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Maybe DO.g's message got through?

Or perhaps it was one of their few failed misdirections/distractions for the sheeple's attention?

Or it was never a problem at all, and it "failed to launch?"

We can bet our boots, though, that it had become no longer politically expedient to continue touting the bird flu bythe Bushies. Rove decided bird flu was no longer a threat to the public, but might very well become a "political threat" to his stupid boss.

Cat

Honore de Balzac

~Harry S. Truman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 4:34 pm 
SuperMember!
SuperMember!

we were all supposed to be wiped out by the west nile virus too... and whereas it is true some people do die from it, it hasn't become as wide spread or as virulent as they had hyped it to be...

go figure... :roll:

~~ Socrates