‘She is a hero’: 13-year-old survivor of Michigan shooting rampage called 911

Print

Missaukee county court house in MuchiganA 13-year-old girl in Michigan survived being shot four times in a shooting spree that left six people dead – including the suspected attacker – and called emergency help herself shortly before investigators identified the gunman, according to a state police official and her family.

Those actions made the teen a “hero”, said a relative of hers as well as two of the dead victims.

First responders took the girl to a hospital while she was in critical condition, but she was stable by Saturday, police said.

She “called 911 to report that she had been shot” at one of three scenes where the rampage unfolded on Friday, state police spokesperson Lt Ashley Miller said, as reported by NBC News. The shooter had fled before police arrived to the scene, but Miller said investigators were aware of the suspected shooter’s idhttps://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2026/aug/16/michigan-shooting-girl-survivesentity.

“We were able to identify him right away,” Miller added, without providing details on how.

More...