TV News LIES

Friday, May 22nd

Last update08:31:53 AM GMT

You are here News Politics White House ballroom construction can continue, federal appeals court says

White House ballroom construction can continue, federal appeals court says

E-mail Print PDF

Trump ballroomA U.S. Court of Appeals on Saturday said that construction of the White House ballroom can carry on temporarily after a judge halted construction late last month.

A three-judge panel from the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit ruled 2-1 that the preliminary injunction be put on pause until April 17, allowing for construction to continue. The panel asked U.S. District Judge Richard Leon, appointed by former President George W. Bush, to clarify the order in an appeal.

The panel addressed the Trump administration’s appeal arguing that leaving the ballroom unfinished would “imperil” Trump and others who live and work in the White House.

“We cannot fairly determine, on this hurried record, whether and to what extent the district court’s ‘necessary for safety and security’ exception addresses Defendants’ claims of irreparable harm, insofar as it may accommodate the Defendants’ asserted safety and security need for the ballroom itself or other temporary measures to secure the safety and security of the White House, the President, staff, and visitors while this appeal proceeds,” the panel wrote in its ruling.

More...


Most Recent Related Stories...


Jamil Smith: The Republican project isn’t to win in November. It’s to make November cease to matter

Black vote being erasedEarly this month, a single pen stroke effectively ended representative Steve Cohen’s career in Congress. The...

Trump 'may' release tax returns post-audit. Critics are skeptical

Trump taxesPresident Donald Trump's long-running explanation for not releasing his tax returns was upended on May 19...

Ro Khanna, AOC criticize Democrats’ 2024 election postmortem for not mentioning Israel’s war in Gaza – as it happened

Ro Khanna, AOCCongressman Ro Khanna, a progressive Democrat from California thought to be considering a run for the...

January 6 officers sue Trump over $1.8bn fund, alleging ‘presidential corruption’

Jan 6 offic sueersTwo police officers who clashed with rioters at the US Capitol during the January 6 insurrection...
 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!