The top UN human rights official has denounced Myanmar's "brutal security operation" against Rohingya in Rakhine state, which he said was "clearly disproportionate" to militia attacks carried out last month.
Zeid Ra'ad al-Hussein, addressing the United Nations Human Rights Council in Geneva on Monday, said that more than 270,000 people had fled to Bangladesh, with more trapped on the border, amid reports of the burning of villages and extrajudicial killings.
"I call on the government to end its current cruel military operation, with accountability for all violations that have occurred, and to reverse the pattern of severe and widespread discrimination against the Rohingya population," Zeid said.
"The situation seems a textbook example of ethnic cleansing."



Two activists seized by Israeli forces in international waters while en route to deliver humanitarian aid...
Authorities are searching for answers after two suspects opened fire on a San Diego mosque, killing...
Mahmoud Khilla waited for nearly two and half years for the remains of his family to...
Mohammed Shalalda leaned on a cane to walk after a bloody night of Israeli settler violence...





























