The annual Muslim pilgrimage to the sacred city of Mecca that wrapped up last week became a death march for over 1,300 Hajj participants who died in temperatures that climbed above 124 degrees.
Saudi Arabia's health minister Fahad Al-Jalajel, who on Sunday announced a death total of 1,301, blamed the fatalities on pilgrims "walking long distances under direct sunlight without adequate shelter or comfort."
The 5-6 day odyssey of hiking and prayer drew almost 2 million pilgrims from around the world. Fatalities included a number of elderly people and those suffering from chronic diseases, A-Jalajel said. About 83% of the fatalities were among people who were not authorized to make the pilgrimage, he said.



The US’s ambassador to Israel, Mike Huckabee, has contended to the podcaster Tucker Carlson that Israel...
The Unmanned Systems Forces (USF) destroyed three Russian Tor-M1 air defense systems, worth a total of...
With Olympic gold on the line, with just over two minutes to play in regulation of...





























