The United States and China have reached agreement on a U.N. resolution that would impose tougher sanctions on North Korea as punishment for its latest and rocket launch, U.N. diplomats said Wednesday.
One Security Council diplomat called the draft resolution "significantly substantive" and expressed hope that it will be adopted in the coming days. Another said the draft had been circulated on Wednesday to the three other permanent council members — Russia, Britain and France.
The Security Council is scheduled to hold closed consultations Thursday afternoon on compliance with the North Korean sanctions resolutions, and the U.S.-China draft could be discussed then with the 10 non-permanent council members.
Both diplomats spoke on condition of anonymity because all discussions on the proposed resolution have been private.



The images coming out of Moscow in recent days speak for themselves: Ukrainian drone strikes on...
President Trump on Wednesday attacked the Senate parliamentarian, accusing her of issuing reviews of Senate rules...
A sinkhole was discovered at New York’s LaGuardia airport on Wednesday, shutting down a runway while...





























