TV News LIES

Monday, May 18th

Last update07:39:49 AM GMT

You are here News Domestic (USA) US supreme court refuses to hear appeal by former CIA operative

US supreme court refuses to hear appeal by former CIA operative

E-mail Print PDF

A lawsuit by former CIA operative Valerie Plame against former Bush administration officials will not be revived by the US supreme court.

Last year a lower court tossed out the lawsuit filed by Plame and her husband, former ambassador Joseph Wilson, which accused Dick Cheney and former top Bush officials of leaking Plame's identity to the media in 2003. Wilson and Plame argued the move violated their constitutional rights.

The US court of appeals said the lawsuit didn't meet legal standards for constitutional claims because part of the suit is based on alleged violations of the Privacy Act, a law that does not cover the president or the vice-president's offices.

More...


Most Recent Related Stories...


Shutdown of US’s largest commuter rail system enters second day amid strike

Railroad strikeThe shutdown of the Long Island Rail Road, North America’s largest commuter rail system, continued into...

Alex Murdaugh's murder conviction overturned by court, new trial ordered

Alex MurdaughMurdaugh, a prominent South Carolina attorney whose case garnered national attention, was found guilty in 2023...

Tennessee school district bans Alex Haley’s Roots under 2022 state law

Alex Haley book bannedA Tennessee school district has banned Roots, the author Alex Haley’s groundbreaking novel and one of...

6 bodies found in a boxcar in South Texas. Here's what we know

6 dead in boxcarJose Espinoza, public information officer with the Laredo Police Department, told USA TODAY that just after...
 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!