TV News LIES

Thursday, Feb 19th

Last update02:38:03 AM GMT

You are here News Health New laws permanently close 3 abortion clinics in Texas

New laws permanently close 3 abortion clinics in Texas

E-mail Print PDF

Abortion ban TexasThree Texas abortion clinics — including both facilities in the Rio Grande Valley and the sole clinic in Beaumont — have permanently shut their doors in the face of strict state laws currently being challenged in federal court.

Whole Women's Health, a plaintiff in the lawsuit challenging a sweeping package of abortion restriction passed by the Legislature last summer, has closed its clinics in McAllen and Beaumont, company CEO Amy Hagstrom Miller said Wednesday night.

“It may have taken me a little too long to accept it ... because the need is still here,” Miller said. “That's what's so heartbreaking.”

Miller was interviewed Wednesday evening on Rachel Maddow's show on MSNBC.

Dr. Lester Minto, who owned and operated Reproductive Services of Harlingen, the only other abortion clinic in the Rio Grande Valley, told the San Antonio Express-News he closed his doors after 30 years last week.

Minto stopped performing abortions in November after new rules requiring hospital admitting privileges went into effect and he was unable to secure them. Miller's clinic in McAllen also stopped performing abortions after a court ruling in late October.

That left both Rio Grande Valley clinics dependent solely on revenue from services like pap smears and pregnancy tests, which cast doubt on their future.

More...


Most Recent Related Stories...


New York hospital ends transgender treatment program for minors

NYU Langone Health HospitalNYU Langone Health, one of New York City’s major hospital networks, announced this week that it...

U.S. ultimatum to vaccine group: No more funds unless you stop using thimerosal

US demands change 9n vaccineThe U.S. government has given an ultimatum to the international group that helps provide vaccines to...

Judge blocks planned Trump administration health cuts to Democratic states

Judge Manish ShahThe Trump administration cannot proceed with plans to rescind $602 million in public health grants from...

California becomes first state to join WHO disease network after US exit

Gavin NCalifornia Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) announced just one day after the U.S. officially withdrew from the...
 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!