Puerto Rico’s governor on Sunday said he would not seek re-election next year but refused to resign as the island braced for more protests by demonstrators demanding he step down over leaked chat messages.
A day before a planned general strike and street demonstrations in the bankrupt U.S. territory, Ricardo Rossello, 40, said he respected the wishes of Puerto Ricans and would not seek a second term in November 2020 elections.
He also said he would resign as head of the New Progressive Party (PNP) but would remain as governor until the end of his term in January, 2021.



The office of the prosecutor of the International Criminal Court last month filed a secret arrest...
The presence of two secret Israeli bases in Iraq may have led to the death of...
President Volodymyr Zelensky said Ukrainian long-range strikes have sharply reduced Russian oil refining in recent months,...
The Security Service of Ukraine (SBU), in tandem with the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU), has...





























