Ukrainian forces continue to defend against Russian attacks in the battered city of Bakhmut, according to the military's General Staff.
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky warned Russian troops will have an "open road" to capture other key cities in eastern Ukraine if they seize control of Bakhmut. He defended his decision to keep Ukrainian forces in the besieged city and in his nightly address, announced the death of Dmytro Kotsiubaylo, a celebrated Ukrainian fighter who was killed in Bakhmut.
As of Tuesday, nearly 4,000 civilians remain inside Bakhmut, according to the country's Vice Prime Minister Iryna Vereshchuk. She said Ukrainian workers were still working to evacuate the remainder of the population, but the current situation makes their jobs even more difficult.



Irish author Sally Rooney, whose stance in support of Palestine has earned international attention, has confirmed...
The office of the prosecutor of the International Criminal Court last month filed a secret arrest...
President Volodymyr Zelensky said Ukrainian long-range strikes have sharply reduced Russian oil refining in recent months,...





























