By Bev Harris, founder of Blackboxvoting.orgSIX PROBLEMS UNIQUE TO 2012 NEW HAMPSHIRE ELECTIONS:
- Removed safeguards for its same-day registration system.
- Ignores the law on ballot-stuffing safeguards.
- Breaks the chain of custody.
- Conceals vote-counting from the public, in violation of Article 32 of its own Constitution.
- Removed candidate recount rights (2009).
- Made it illegal for public citizens or members of the press to examine the ballots after the election is over (2003)
TWO THINGS YOU CAN DO
- Get involved with Protect the Count NH or Watch the Vote 2012 (links below).
- Monitor the trap doors WHAT'S GOOD ABOUT NEW HAMPSHIRE'S FIRST-IN-NATION PRIMARY? Like the Iowa caucus system, it forces candidates to answer real questions from actual people. Political strategists like their candidates to plan their media (setting up media ops that are nothing short of laughable; placing their candidates in cornfields, in tanks, on factory assembly lines, donning catcher's mitts and plaid shirts and baseball caps.) Unscripted moments are forced on candidates in Iowa and New Hampshire, where locals won't vote-ya if you hide behind photo ops.