TV News LIES

Wednesday, May 20th

Last update08:22:07 AM GMT

You are here News Military Judge orders Pentagon to restore press access

Judge orders Pentagon to restore press access

E-mail Print PDF

Judge orders press back to PentagonThe Pentagon is obstructing reporters and defying an earlier court order that required it to restore access to credentialed journalists covering the Department of Defense (DOD), a U.S. judge in Washington ruled Thursday — a blow to Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth’s attempts to limit media access.

U.S. District Judge Paul Friedman said Defense officials must comply with his order from March 20 that sided with The New York Times and found the Pentagon’s press policy from last year to be unconstitutional, ordering Pentagon officials to reinstate the press credentials of Times reporters and all others who cover the U.S. military from the building.

The Pentagon said it plans to appeal Thursday’s ruling.

“The Department disagrees with the Court’s ruling and intends to appeal,” Pentagon chief spokesperson Sean Parnell said to The Hill’s partner NewsNation. “The Department has at all times complied with the Court’s Order — it reinstated the PFACs of every journalist identified in the Order and issued a materially revised policy that addressed every concern the Court identified in its March 20 Opinion. The Department remains committed to press access at the Pentagon while fulfilling its statutory obligation to ensure the safe and secure operation of the Pentagon Reservation.”

More...

 


Most Recent Related Stories...


4 crew members ejected safely after Navy jets crashed at Idaho show

Navy fighter jets collideAn air show at Mountain Home Air Force Base in southwestern Idaho was canceled on Sunday,...

Remains of 2nd U.S. soldier who went missing in Morocco have been recovered

Renains of second soldier recoveed in MoroccoThe remains of the second U.S. Army soldier who went missing during military exercises in Morocco...

Pentagon quietly shut legally required program to prevent civilian deaths by military, watchdog finds

PentagonThe Pentagon has quietly dismantled a program it is legally required to operate to prevent and...

Hegseth’s latest attack on Kelly underlines alarm over US weapons stockpiles

HegsethDefense Secretary Pete Hegseth’s latest attack against Sen. Mark Kelly (D-Ariz.) is underscoring the alarm over...
 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!