TV News LIES

Wednesday, May 20th

Last update08:22:07 AM GMT

You are here All News At a Glance International Glance

Ramadan’s first Friday prayers are held at Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa Mosque

Ramadan prayers held in JerusalemTens of thousands of Palestinians gathered under heavy Israeli restrictions at Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa Mosque compound for the first Friday prayers of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, including some who were allowed to enter from the occupied West Bank.

The Ramadan prayers at Al-Aqsa took place for the first time since a shaky ceasefire deal between Israel and Hamas went into effect in October. It was the first opportunity many had to leave the West Bank and pray at the site in Jerusalem’s Old City since Ramadan last year.

Israel restricted the number of Palestinians allowed to enter from the West Bank to 10,000 on Friday, and only allowed men over 55 and women over 50 as well as children up to 12. It has imposed similar restrictions in the past, citing security concerns.

The hilltop, which Jews refer to as the Temple Mount, is the holiest site in Judaism and was home to the ancient biblical temples. Muslims call the site the Noble Sanctuary. Today it is home to Al-Aqsa Mosque, the third-holiest site in Islam.

More...

Ukraine: Terrorist Attack in Lviv Kills Police Officer, Injures 25

Terror attack in LvivA 23-year-old police officer was killed and 25 people were injured in what authorities described as a terrorist attack in Lviv overnight on Feb. 22, as officials confirmed the detention of a suspected perpetrator.

The blasts damaged a patrol vehicle and a civilian car, and prompted a large-scale response from law enforcement and emergency services.

According to Astra, citing regional authorities and police, the first explosion occurred after patrol officers arrived at a store on Danylyshyna Street following a report of unlawful entry. A second explosion followed when another patrol unit reached the scene.

Lviv Mayor Andriy Sadovy described the incident as a terrorist act in a statement issued shortly after midnight.

“Lviv. This was a terrorist attack. At present, 14 injured have been hospitalized. Doctors are providing all necessary assistance. Law enforcement and all relevant services are working,” Sadovyi wrote.

More...

US tariff policy ‘hasn’t changed’ despite supreme court ruling, trade chief says

Jameson GreerTop US trade negotiator Jamieson Greer insisted on Sunday that the Trump administration was set to persist with its tariffs policy, two days after the supreme court declared many of Donald Trump’s tariffs illegal.

The ruling issued on Friday by the highest US court was a sharp rebuke to the Republican president that toppled a key pillar of his aggressive economic agenda – even as it prompted Trump to announce a new global tariff using different statutes, albeit temporary.

“The reality is, we want to maintain the policy we have, have as much continuity as possible, make sure that business understands this is the direction we’ve been going. We’re going to continue going this way,” Greer told the ABC News Sunday politics show This Week.

ABC host Martha Raddatz asked Greer about the government’s persistence despite the unpopularity of the policy with the public, citing an ABC/Washington Post/Ipsos poll that showed 64% of those surveyed in the US disapproved of tariffs as an economic strategy.

“The policy hasn’t changed. The legal tools that implement that may change but the policy hasn’t changed,” he said, arguing that it gives US business “a lot of leverage” in world trade.

Greer also said in a separate interview with CBS that the US will not back out of tariff deals it has already sealed with a number of countries around the world including the UK, the EU, Japan, Switzerland and others, even though the supreme court ruled that tariffs imposed in those deals were illegal.

More...

Mexican cartel leader 'El Mencho' killed in military operation

El MenchoMexican drug lord Nemesio Rubén Oseguera Cervantes, commonly known as "El Mencho," was killed in a military operation, officials announced on Sunday, Feb. 22, the latest victory in Mexico's war on drug cartels amid U.S. intervention threats.

Mexico's defense ministry said a shootout in Tapalpa, Jalisco, left Oseguera seriously injured, and he died during an air transfer to Mexico City. Six other cartel members were killed and two were arrested in the military operation.

"Various weapons and armored vehicles were seized, including rocket launchers capable of shooting down aircraft and destroying armored vehicles," Mexican officials said, adding that the authorities in the United States provided "complementary information."

A former police officer, Oseguera was the shadowy leader of the powerful Jalisco New Generation Cartel, an outfit named for the western state that is home to one of Mexico's biggest cities, Guadalajara. Over a relatively short period of time, the cartel transformed into an international criminal enterprise rivaling former allies in the Sinaloa Cartel, the gang of captured kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman, now in a U.S. prison.

More...

 

'Given a gun and sent to die': Kenyans lured to fight for Russia in Ukraine

Kenyans die in Russia's warIn Sikonga village, Kisii County, a mother's wails fill the house. Dennis Bagaka Ombwori, 39, the second-born son of John and Esther Ombwori, is the latest Kenyan confirmed dead in the Russia–Ukraine war.

Villagers gather outside, offering what little comfort they can, but Esther Ombwori cannot be consoled. Dennis worked as a security officer in Qatar when recruiters approached him with what appeared to be a better offer. But his family says he never knew what the job really was.

His brother, Alfred Morara, said the news had shattered the family.

"They were not told which job they wanted to do. They were taken to Russia." Morara said. "He was recruited as a foreign soldier in Russia. They started fighting for Russia against Ukraine."

Hundreds of miles away in Nairobi, the Ogolla family mourns a similar loss. 32-year-old Oscar Agola Ojiambo vanished shortly after joining the Russian army last June. Months later, his family is still waiting for answers — and for his body.

"The commanders at the war front revealed that my son died on 14 August 2025," says Charles Ojiambo Mutoka, Oscar's father. "That revelation came in January this year, but the Russian government has not disclosed it to next of kin."

More...

 

Gaza’s Nasser Hospital condemns MSF decision to suspend most services

Gaza Nasser HospitalOne of Gaza ’s last functioning large hospitals condemned the decision by Doctors Without Borders to pull out of operations over concerns about armed men, claiming on Sunday that the facility had installed civilian police for security.

The rare public friction between two well-known health care providers in Gaza came as the Palestinian death toll since the current ceasefire surpassed 600. At least 11 Palestinians were killed by Israeli fire in the last 24 hours, hospitals said.

Doctors Without Borders, also known by its acronym MSF, said in a statement Saturday that all its noncritical medical operations at Nasser Hospital were suspended due to security breaches that posed “serious” threats to its teams and patients. MSF said there had been an increase in patients and staff seeing armed men in parts of the compound since the U.S.-brokered October ceasefire was reached.

Nasser Hospital said Sunday the increase in armed men was due to a civilian police presence aimed at protecting patients and staff and said MSF’s “allegations are factually incorrect, irresponsible and pose a serious risk to a protected civilian medical facility.”

Hundreds of patients and war-wounded have been treated daily at Nasser Hospital in the southern city of Khan Younis, and the facility was a hub for Palestinian prisoners released by Israel in exchange for Israeli hostages as part of the current ceasefire deal.

More...

Syrsky: Ukrainian Offensives Make Up 25% of Frontline Clashes as Drones Now Cause 60% of Damage

Syrsky

Ukrainian offensives now account for a quarter of frontline clashes, with drones responsible for 60% of battlefield damage, AFU chief Syrsky says, as Kyiv keeps pressure on Russian forces.

About a quarter of all frontline clashes are initiated by Ukrainian forces, Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) Oleksandr Syrsky said.

Speaking to journalists, Syrsky said Ukraine’s Defense Forces are actively conducting offensive and counteroffensive operations, aimed at keeping  Russian troops under constant pressure, inflicting losses, and preventing further advances.

“These tactics are yielding results,” he said, adding that Russian forces achieved no significant operational successes in January.

Syrsky said Ukrainian troops carried out three offensive operations in 2025, two on Russian territory – in the Belgorod and Kursk regions – and one in the Dobropillya sector. He added that these actions disrupted Russia’s plans to seize the Donetsk region and create so-called buffer zones.

More...

Page 24 of 195

 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!