TV News LIES

Thursday, May 21st

Last update08:10:05 AM GMT

You are here All News At a Glance

Teenagers behind mass shooting in San Diego rushed at mosque ‘fully armored’

Teens behind Mosque attackThe two teenage assailants responsible for a mass shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego, California, rushed toward the mosque “fully armored” with handguns and rifles, authorities said.

A security guard shot and struck one of the shooters, according to members of the mosque – but the attacker continued charging. The guard – Amin Abdullah – also alerted administrators of the school at the Islamic Center, telling them to go into lockdown, before he was shot and killed. “If it was not for him … The carnage would be much worse,” said imam Taha Hassane. “He sacrificed his life.”

Two other victims – identified by the Islamic Center as Mansour Kaziha and Nadir Awad – had been on the phone calling the police, when they were killed. A witness shared details of what he saw transpire in an Instagram post from the Islamic Center. Police rushed to the scene and ultimately found the suspected shooters near the masjid, dead from self-inflicted gunshot wounds.

The Islamic Center called the three victims “three heroes martyred” and have started a fundraiser for their families and for others impacted by the mass shooting.

More...

Thousands under evacuation orders in southern California as wildfire threatens homes

housands under evacuation ordersMore than 17,000 people were under evacuation orders in southern California on Tuesday as a wildfire threatened suburban homes.

The wind-driven Sandy fire was reported on Monday in the hills above Simi Valley, about 30 miles (48km) north-west of Los Angeles.

By Tuesday evening, the fire had consumed about 1,698 acres (683 hectares) and destroyed at least one home, according to the Ventura countyThe flames were initially pushed by gusts that topped 30mph (48km/h), but firefighters were aided by calmer winds overnight, said a department spokesperson, Andrew Dowd.

“We’ve made a lot of progress against this fire with those improved weather conditions,” Dowd said. Crews hoped to make further progress before winds increased again, he said.

More...

Trump critic Thomas Massie defeated in Kentucky Republican House primary

Massie losesDonald Trump displayed his supremacy over the Republican party on Tuesday when voters in northern Kentucky rejected the maverick congressman Thomas Massie in favour of the US president’s hand-picked challenger.

Ed Gallrein, a retired navy Seal and farmer who was recruited into the race by Trump, defeated the seven-term incumbent in a primary election in Kentucky’s fourth congressional district in what the president’s allies framed as a test of whether dissent could still exist inside today’s Republican party.

The election took place as voters in five other states – Pennsylvania, Georgia, Alabama, Oregon and Idaho – went to the polls to decide their nominees for the November general election, in what was the biggest primary night of the year so far.

In Georgia’s gubernatorial race, lieutenant governor Burt Jones and billionaire Rick Jackson advanced to a runoff for the GOP nomination, while former Atlanta mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms won the Democratic nomination outright. And in Alabama, Trump ally Tommy Tuberville won the Republican primary for governor, while former senator Doug Jones secured the Democratic nomination.

More...

American doctor with Ebola evacuated to Germany as wife and four children are monitored in Congo

American doctor has eboliBy the time the American surgeon who contracted Ebola in Congo was flown to Germany for treatment Tuesday, he was barely able to stand on his own, according to two leaders of the Christian missionary group where he worked.

Dr. Scott Myhre, the East and Central Africa area director for the group, called Serge, described the scene as Dr. Peter Stafford departed.

“There were people in full — we call it PPE — the personal protective equipment, and they’re completely covered, and he’s hanging on them barely strong enough to walk,” Myhre said. “He looked really tired and really sick.”

Stafford worked at Nyankunde Hospital, which is in Congo’s Ituri province, where the Ebola outbreak is centered. Days before the Africa Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed the outbreak, Stafford operated on a 33-year-old patient with severe abdominal pain, Myhre said. At the time, doctors thought the patient had a gallbladder infection.

Stafford “did an abdominal procedure and found that the gallbladder was normal and closed him up, but this patient subsequently died the next day,” Myhre said.

More...

 

Another popular pantry item recalled over potential salmonella contamination

Croutons recalledYet another item that may be in your pantry has been recalled over possible salmonella contamination.

A recall notice shared by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration shows select croutons sold at Kroger stores in 17 states are being pulled from the shelves because an ingredient, a dry milk powder, may have been contaminated with salmonella.

The latest item is Kroger Homestyle Cheese Garlic Croutons, which are sold in 5-ounce pouches with a UPC of 0 11110 81353 4. The recall only impacts pouches with any of the below use-by dates:

FEB 17 27   FEB 18 27   FEB 27 27   FEB 28 27
MAR 6 27   MAR 9 27   MAR 21 27
APR 1 27    APR 7 27

According to the notice, affected crouton pouches were sold at Kroger stores in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin between March 7 and April 7 of this year.

No illnesses have been reported in connection with the croutons, officials said.

Salmonella are bacteria that cause the illness salmonellosis. You can become infected by drinking or interacting with contaminated water; touching animals, their feces, or their spaces (a recent outbreak was linked to backyard poultry); or by eating contaminated food.

More...

 

 

What we know about victims, 'hateful rhetoric' in San Diego shooting

San Diego vitimscAuthorities are searching for answers after two suspects opened fire on a San Diego mosque, killing three men and then themselves on May 18.

The shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego in the Clairemont neighborhood unfolded at about 11:43 a.m. PT, police said.

San Diego Police Chief Scott Wahl said the third victim, previously identified as Amin Abdullah, was the center's security guard whose actions prevented it from being much worse.

"He immediately observed the threat to everyone at the mosque, began to engage them in gunfire; both suspects returned fire," Wahl told reporters on May 19. "His actions without a doubt delayed, distracted and ultimately deterred these two individuals from gaining access to t

Earlier, the Islamic Center said in a statement that the three men were "pillars of our community."

Wahl said he would not release the names of the shooting suspects as the day should be focused on the shooting victims.

During a news conference one day earlier, Wahl said the shooting would be investigated as a hate crime "until it's not," and said "there was definitely hate rhetoric that was involved," but not a specific threat to the mosque.

he greater areas of the mosque where as many as 140 kids were within 15 feet of these suspects."

Earlier, the Islamic Center said in a statement that the three men were "pillars of our community."

Wahl said he would not release the names of the shooting suspects as the day should be focused on the shooting victims.

During a news conference one day earlier, Wahl said the shooting would be investigated as a hate crime "until it's not," and said "there was definitely hate rhetoric that was involved," but not a specific threat to the mosque.

More...

New deal bars IRS from tax audits of Trump, his family and businesses

Todd BlancheThe Justice Department agreement with President Donald Trump over his leaked tax returns includes a guarantee that the tax agency will no longer pursue any claims over tax liabilities it may have against Trump, his family members and his companies.

The nine-page settlement agreement made public by the Justice Department May 18, set up a $1.776 billion fund for "victims of lawfare and weaponization," did not include any mention of the government's efforts to go after Trump, his family and his companies over longstanding tax disputes.

On May 19, DOJ posted a separate one-page document on its website – signed by acting Attorney General Todd Blanche – with the new details. It includes what appears to be an all-inclusive release in which the Internal Revenue Service is “FOREVER BARRED and PRECLUDED” from “prosecuting or pursuing” any and all efforts to determine if Trump and the other parties are liable for non- or under-payment of taxes, interest, attorney’s fees or expenses incurred by the government.

Trump sued the IRS in January for $10 billion for a contractor leaking his returns, even though he had been promising since 2014 that he would release the returns to the public if he ran for president.

More...

Israeli police establish special department to monitor foreign journalists

Israeli police The Israeli police is operating a special department in the occupied West Bank to monitor foreign journalists who wish to enter Israel or the occupied Palestinian territory.

According to a report by Haaretz on Tuesday, the special police department works closely with Israel's Population and Immigration Authority, which is stationed at international crossings as well as the Allenby Bridge Crossing in the West Bank.

Haaretz obtained a police document detailing articles and social media activity by Alessandro Stefanelli, an Italian freelance journalist, who entered Israel and the West Bank several times in the past.

The police deemed Stefanelli critical of Israel, branding him "a journalist and photographer who provides one-sided coverage of Israel".

In July last year, the Italian journalist was informed that his visa to Israel had been revoked, with the Israeli embassy in Rome not providing any explanation as to why his visa was cancelled.

Despite this, Stefanelli tried to enter the West Bank through the Allenby Bridge Crossing, which connects the Palestinian territory to Jordan, but was denied entry by the Population and Immigration Authority.

Stefanelli "calls for international intervention against 'settler violence' and draws a one-sided map" a police report said after he filed a petition to an Israeli court to grant him access to Israel and the West Bank, further accusing the journalist of being "in contact with militants".

More...

'Like madmen': Palestinian family attacked in their sleep by Israeli settlers

Like Madmen: Settlers attack family in bedMohammed Shalalda leaned on a cane to walk after a bloody night of Israeli settler violence that shattered his family's sense of safety in their own home.

At dawn on Sunday, a group of settlers, numbering in the dozens, attacked the Shalalda family home in the al-Daraja area near the town of Sair, east of Hebron, wounding Mohammed, his elderly mother, his sister, and his brother.

Mohammed was sleeping on the roof of his old house when he awoke to the sound of voices around 3am. More than 15 settlers then attacked him, brutally kicking him and beating him with wooden sticks before he had barely opened his eyes. 

The settlers dragged him to the ground despite his wounds bleeding profusely.

“I started screaming to wake the residents and rescue me, but the settlers put a blanket over me and continued beating me violently. I was bleeding, and I didn’t know where the bleeding was coming from; my whole body was their prey,” he told Middle East Eye.

The settler raid is part of a broader pattern of escalating Israeli attacks aimed at forcing Palestinian families to leave their homes so that settlers can seize their land, in a policy pursued throughout the occupied West Bank.

More...

Page 2 of 1183

 
America's # 1 Enemy
Tee Shirt
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
TVNL Tee Shirt
 
TVNL TOTE BAG
Conserve our Planet
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
Get your 9/11 & Media
Deception Dollars
& Help Support TvNewsLIES.org!
 
The Loaded Deck
The First & the Best!
The Media & Bush Admin Exposed!